Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 13526 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 06:21:37 »

You had a bad day?

Ha! Not at all - I'm absolutely loving every second of this and last season. However, past experience of seeing how quickly it can all unravel makes it all the more important that we make the changes to make it last, and I've every confidence that this board will do all they can to do so.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 06:38:11 »

Kerry red.....NZ is the first to see the sunshine and last to see all the debt and dark clouds over Europe.

But, I do miss my football team  !!!!

Come on you redssssssssssssssss

Clap 
kerry red

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 07:16:09 »

I'm only across the water but it has been nigh on impossible to get back over to see them play in the 12 years I've been here.

Am moving back early next year, though!

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 07:45:09 »

We're going to lose against Poxford. The season will crumble. We'll get relegated.

Seriously, I want something to go wrong, Paolo to make a shit signing or something because this success is bloody troubling.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 08:13:30 »

Kerry red...you sound a top guy and wish you well.

For the record, New Zealand is a great country ....but, after 28 years it's still not my home. 

Give me a cold foggy Tuesday evening in November driving back from the Country Ground to Wantage after a 0-0 draw against some norffern monkeys like Bradford or Hartlepool beats a sunny Saturday afternoon watching world class rugby. Crying

Come on you redsssssssssssssssssssssss Smiley

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 08:56:59 »

I think this is the first time ever that I have seen Swindon with some overall consistency...

strength on the pitch
a decent manager who has stayed longer than half a season
a board with desire and financial backing
decent shirts
great sponsors
players who want to come to the club
getting rid of those who don't give a fuck
a Wembley appearance and promotion as champions in the same season

Our stadium 3 years ago looked like a shithole - now it looks like a professional football club... The whole culture of the club has changed, its not superficial, it's come from within... A lot of clubs make the mistake of believing that all their problems will be solved by building a new stadium and, in the short term, it works but because the culture remains the same within a couple of seasons they are no better off.

We are on the verge of something great. It's scary, but I believe we already have the critical mass to change everyone's view of the club and by the time we rebuild the county ground we will already have completed the biggest rebuilding job of changing the heart.

(Although at the back of my mind I still wonder when the next VAT winding up order is being issued)

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 09:26:29 »

I'd love to hear a little more detail now on the plans for the ground.  Even if it's long dated (plans for completion within 3 years or so), I'd just like to know where we're heading.  As I mentioned at the end of the initial post on this thread, ground redevelopment/expansion is key now to 'locking in' the improvements that the board is generating off the field of play and that Paolo is generating on it.

Going back 12 months, the board stated that redevelopment plans were on hold following our relegation.  And I agreed with that approach entirely.  I argued on here [LINK] that the period immediately post-relegation was precisely the wrong time to be drawing up redevelopment plans for the longer term.  But for the very same reason, now that we are heading back in the direction we want to be heading in, I think that now is the right time to be pushing forward with this.  Hope we hear more detail soon.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 09:28:24 »

I wouldn't be surprised if the plans were on hold to see how well we do this season first.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 09:39:43 »

Think they were looking at rebuilding the Townend this close season but have quite a few hoops to jump through first.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 16:23:08 »

Gentlemen......The big difference with the situation now compared to yesteryear is...

Yes, the team are doing great things on the pitch. However the club seems to be a well run business (back of house).

......and the Didcot Power Station is still standing for now.

I live the dream. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc we are not but history tells you that small clubs have success and failure........Getting older you learn to enjoy the good times (like now). Look at where Reading have gone and the likes of Blackpool. Why not Swindon ?

......and yes in 10 years time I will remember the night I was at Stoke.
Like Arsenal, recently Leeds and other games I will take to my grave.

The directors seem to be fully supportive for the future. There is the possibilities for the County Ground to be improved with  council approval and for once the football club could bring some pride back to Swindon.

What a great opportunity this is....lets don't think of all the things that can go wrong.

We are Swindon and (today) we are top of the world    Clap     
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 16:51:54 »

Learn to quote you fucking mong - it's not hard Roll Eyes
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 19:07:29 »

Learn to quote you fucking mong - it's not hard Roll Eyes

Fucking I- Phones and shit eyes OST.

...and bottling Swimdon fans not going to Pox.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 19:16:09 »

Think they were looking at rebuilding the Townend this close season but have quite a few hoops to jump through first.

Yes.  At the AGM, JayWray said that they were hoping to do one stand at a time, starting with the Town End.  He said, if all goes to plan, work will start at the end of the current season.  Next in line is the Arkells Stand, then the Don Rogers and finally the Bank.  Ideally, one each year.  He said that there was no prospect of buying the houses in Shrivenham Road, so the redevelopment would have to take place within the existing 'footprint', which limits the scope for expanding outwards (except behind the Town End and Don Rogers stands.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, August 31, 2012, 04:33:39 »

Good day Duke......

Us Birinus boys know what we are on about.
Give those pricks in Poxford a good roasting next week.
Come on you redsssssssssssssssss Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 15:56:58 »

Think today is what is known as perspective...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: