Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 13408 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:29:26 »

Our away form has never been that good under Paolo di Canio, well not compared to the home form. It was a common theme for everyone to lose the plot a bit after away performances last season simply because we got so used to winning at home.

Whilst I think we'll be up at the top end of the table our home record is spoiling the fans and some fans attitudes are cringe worthy. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 16:01:55 »

Is the perspective viewed from a little over a week from Ardiles's original post, that we're starting to see fans who would like a change of manager?
kerry red

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 16:03:02 »

I would say it's more a change 'in' the manager
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 16:05:06 »

I would say it's more a change 'in' the manager

Given the nature of the beast, is that a realistic expectation?
kerry red

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 16:06:23 »

Probably not

So it has to be a case of 'warts 'n all' with PdC

Cos I cant see who on earth would do a better job at the moment
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 16:31:36 »

Every time this thread surfaces, I think of this

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 16:43:39 »

Trust fucking Ardiles to have started this thread off.

Pompous twat.

Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 01:13:06 »

I'd say now we're in a bit of shit....the Board have invested some bucks in this project, and we're 2 places better off than when they took over more or less 5 years ago.

Next 2 or 3 games will be interesting...the momentum of promotion is now gone, and the realisation that we're in a more competitive league is possibly starting to sink in with a few fans.

A trip to Carlisle is not the best of prospects when you're trying to turn things around, but that is the hard nature of Div 3...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, September 9, 2012, 08:07:40 »

Is the perspective viewed from a little over a week from Ardiles's original post, that we're starting to see fans who would like a change of manager?

History repeats itself

A year ago a new squad and 5 games into the season we had lost 4 of them, we were still in the Johnstones, out of the League Cup with Clarke-gate, and the change of manager question is raised.

A Championship win later and 5 games into the season having lost 2 of them, we are out of the Johnstones, We are in the League Cup, we've had a Caddis-gate and a Flintgate and the PDC job security question is floated.

Mao Tse Tung (or one of his sidekicks) might have been a little cautious when in the 1970s he said it was too early to say what were the effects of the French Revolution but shall we give PDC till say November? 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: