Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 744580 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2280 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 09:32:03 »

Well surely Chris Froome has to now be classed in the top echelon of British sportsmen ever?

His quiet nature means the average person will probably never quite realise this though
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2281 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 09:36:18 »

As old as the bike so probably 4+ years, bugger I was hoping to avoid faffing around with cables!

Take it to your LBS - I did all the cables on my old Trek last and bought a complete kit from Wiggle which was about 30 quid. I bet the LBS would've have done it for a similar price if not cheaper with a lot less swearing.  Grin
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #2282 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 09:37:39 »

Well surely Chris Froome has to now be classed in the top echelon of British sportsmen ever?

His quiet nature means the average person will probably never quite realise this though

Agreed. If he had the personality of Wiggo he'd be head and shoulders above everyone. The vote on Sky was that Murray was GB's best sportsman which is a horrid thought.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2283 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 09:48:27 »

Froome is only 5th fav for SPOTY at moment, yea I know that award doesn't mean anything but it does tell something of a story in itself.

I guess it's just the modern media world we live in, you need a bit about you to get noticed
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #2284 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 12:17:35 »

I'd rather have Froome than Cav. He is just an annoying bell end
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2285 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 12:25:39 »

Agreed. If he had the personality of Wiggo he'd be head and shoulders above everyone. The vote on Sky was that Murray was GB's best sportsman which is a horrid thought.
Murray is Scottish - that's enough to put him out of the running for me!!  Bastard said he hoped England would lose a couple of years ago - horrible miserable cunt!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2286 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 12:38:51 »

Murray is Scottish - that's enough to put him out of the running for me!!  Bastard said he hoped England would lose a couple of years ago - horrible miserable cunt!

And Froome is from Kenya. He is frankly as British as Dan Martin is Irish.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2287 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 10:16:39 »

Sadly there is something of an unpleasant aroma surrounding this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36948193 I suspect that she is clean but she needs to sort herself out and take responsibility for it, only 1/3 of the issue was down to UKAD however they may try to spin things!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2288 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 10:23:05 »

dodgy actions in an already tarnished sport...
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2289 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 10:49:37 »

Or just a couple of fuck ups and an emergency?

I like the rules re whereabouts but we and the authorities have to accept that there will be times when the declared whereabouts will be wrong.

Lizzie accepts she fucked up once and she had an emergency that required fast time plan changing hence a second missed test.

The acceptance that whereabouts declarations will occasionally be wrong is why three missed tests is the threshold. If one of those missed tests is the fault of the anti doping agency, the athlete should be given the benefit of the doubt, which she has been in this case.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2290 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 11:10:45 »

Or just a couple of fuck ups and an emergency?

I like the rules re whereabouts but we and the authorities have to accept that there will be times when the declared whereabouts will be wrong.

Lizzie accepts she fucked up once and she had an emergency that required fast time plan changing hence a second missed test.

The acceptance that whereabouts declarations will occasionally be wrong is why three missed tests is the threshold. If one of those missed tests is the fault of the anti doping agency, the athlete should be given the benefit of the doubt, which she has been in this case.

I am pretty sure she is clean, it just does my head in that once again she just blames everyone else (her statement barely touches upon the two tests she fucked up and instead concentrates upon the one laid at the door of UKAD - one that she didn't challenge at the time) plus I just don't get how if you have missed two and your entire livelihood and reputation depends upon it you bugger up another one - although to be fair as professional athletes have everything done for them I can understand why admin may be poor if they are responsible for it!

Just another unneeded cloud to hang over the sport, the fact that UKAD are considering appealing the CAS decision suggests it isn't as cut and dry as she has made out.

Apologies I just cannot warm to her at all, she is a fantastic rider but a very peculiar character!
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #2291 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 12:02:55 »

Apologies I just cannot warm to her at all, she is a fantastic rider but a very peculiar character!

I still would though  Cheesy

I don't like Mark Cavendish. He is one strange man
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2292 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 12:05:02 »

the door of UKAD - one that she didn't challenge at the time)

Exactly.

Its a 3 strike rule for a reason, she broke it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2293 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 12:20:45 »

I still would though  Cheesy

I don't like Mark Cavendish. He is one strange man

That goes without saying....  Cheesy although I am more of a Dani King man myself  Wink We were at the womens Tour of Flanders presentation and setting aside the overarching sexism in the whole thing (the music selection was cringeworthy it was all sisters are doing it for themselves etc) they are all so small, there is literally nothing to Pauline Ferrand-Prévot and she is about a foot shorter than I am!

I think that professional cyclists are a funny bunch, you have to be uber good to get anywhere near the professional ranks and that needs a ridiculous dedication and obsession that can come across as arrogance in interviews etc. Cavendish has grown on me a little when you hear long interviews when he relaxes a bit, David Miller is just strange, Pendleton very intense but generally mainly all barking!
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #2294 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 12:24:36 »

I'm in the Dani King camp as well.

Cavendish talking reminds me a bit of the old guy from the Fast Show "I was very very drunk" in his interviews - quite random and mumbly.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: