Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 744956 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2250 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 11:11:09 »

What do all you experts out there think of one of these, http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-gran-fondo/ now been getting out a bit starting to consider an upgrade and a full Ultegra equipped one would be about £1200.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #2251 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 18:23:16 »

What do all you experts out there think of one of these, http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-gran-fondo/ now been getting out a bit starting to consider an upgrade and a full Ultegra equipped one would be about £1200.
My sister has one. Can't speak personally for ride quality etc, but she's got on alright with it. Also, customer service seem helpful. Sent out a replacement bottom bracket when original one was a bit creaky. Though maybe should question why it was creaky in the first place  Hmmm
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2252 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 20:15:02 »

This may not be very helpful (it's a forum after all), but i read a review pitting the Ribble 872 vs planet x carbon.
The outcome was they're both decent enough, but the ribble came with wank wheels (i've never tried that i must admit).

Personally, I'd shop around, you could get a 2015 Cannondale or something similar on 11sp 105 for similar dosh

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2253 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 20:30:45 »

I am very biased but I'd splash out the extra £150 and get something like this:

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/ultimate/2016/ultimate-cf-sl-7-0.html

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2254 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 20:23:36 »

I am very biased but I'd splash out the extra £150 and get something like this:

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/ultimate/2016/ultimate-cf-sl-7-0.html
Interestingly taking note of your earlier post my mate has just got rid of a planet x pro carbon and replaced with a canyon with full DI2 (he had a nice surprise from the tax man last year which paid for it) he always moaned that the back end of the planet X was very flexible, equally the frames are small only going up to a 56 and being 6'4" this worries me.

I have an irrational dislike of brands like Cannondale and Trek as the VW's of the bike world - which is ridiculous as I have Spesh road and mtb's which is as bad!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2255 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 21:22:31 »

Canyon's are fantastic value for money, only downside is not being able to sit on one before you part with cash.
If you are Swindon based and want to work out if a Large is too small, give me a PM.

I used to feel the same, but the new Trek Madone 9 looks amazing and i just bought an old Cannondale frame to build up for my winter bike!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2256 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 21:32:52 »

Canyon's are fantastic value for money, only downside is not being able to sit on one before you part with cash.
If you are Swindon based and want to work out if a Large is too small, give me a PM.

I used to feel the same, but the new Trek Madone 9 looks amazing and i just bought an old Cannondale frame to build up for my winter bike!
The offer is hugely appreciated but I am based up in the Lake District.... Canyons are lovely though!
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #2257 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 16:47:06 »

Perhaps this needs a sub section of its own, but I fancy a nice 50 miler or so tomorrow, any recommendations in or around Swindon?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2258 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 20:21:23 »

My friend bought a Ribble full carbon TT bike and the steerer cracked after only a few rides. Sadly due to glandular fever these rides took him out of warranty and they wouldn't budge.

I think they are good bikes to a price point but I'd sacrifice group set over frame quality. Canyon is a great shout and Bennett has given his a fairly long test drive.

In other news I now have a Ribble TT frame that needs a new fork and rebuilding as my friend bought an Argon 18 and kindly gave me his old one.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2259 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 19:56:09 »

I think they are good bikes to a price point but I'd sacrifice group set over frame quality. Canyon is a great shout and Bennett has given his a fairly long test drive.

The AL SLX i've got is unbreakable, it's just a shame i've got a knack of ruining the components that go on it.
The linked bike before with new 105 looks fantastic value, then there's always the canyon outlet if you're prepared to wait

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2260 on: Monday, July 11, 2016, 12:27:48 »

Rest day on the Tour today.  How good has the first week been?   Made of course by the sheer brilliance of a bunch of Brits. Not just Cav and his eclipsing of The Badger in stage wins, and Froome for his amazing descent of the Peyresourde, but lesser lights like Steve Cummings, with his tactical mastery late in a career.

Throw in Adam Yates going into white despite, I'm sure an accidental French tactic  Smiley of felling him with a flame rouge and Dan McClay finishing third on a sprint, nearly taking Kittel.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2261 on: Monday, July 11, 2016, 12:36:44 »

It has been a good tour do far. I'm not his biggest fan but would have liked to have seen a fit Contador challenging with Froome & Quintana.
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2262 on: Monday, July 11, 2016, 20:07:57 »

Not seen much of the Tour, been away in deepest Northumberland for a fortnight so little interweb and Tour highlights tend to coincide with daughter's bath and bedtime.

On plus side managed 210+ miles on bike while I was away working round family stuff, lovely riding on reasonably quiet roads, less good was taking bike off rack on getting back and finding flat tyre, but managed no punctures whilst I was riding although I fear bottom bracket is on its way out.

Lovely head clearing time and great to get away from the Brexit/political shit storm!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2263 on: Monday, July 11, 2016, 21:27:58 »

Tour has been great this year, always good when the Brits do well & this year has been outstanding for that.

Never been Contador's biggest fan, but a disappointing way for him to finish.

As for Quintana, his lack of action the day Froome won the stage was telling, he is a great talent but didn't appear to be able to react until he was told to.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2264 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 15:11:43 »

Holy fuckballs. Insane stage

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: