Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forum spaz  (Read 46016 times)
Barry Scott

« on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:03:40 »

I noticed the forum was down earlier and have sorted it.

However, in an effort to make it run better I'm trialling something in the back end over the next 48 hours, so if there are any problems, downtime or notifications, please post them here. (I expect there are likely to be some issues.)

With any luck they'll be few and far between and the end result will be a quicker and more stable site. I hope. Smiley

Cheers.
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:06:00 »

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home/thetowne/public_html/index.php on line 54

Warning: require_once(/QueryString.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thetowne/public_html/index.php on line 54

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thetowne/public_html/index.php on line 54
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:09:43 »

I was hoping this might be an autobiography.
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:13:09 »

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home/thetowne/public_html/index.php on line 54

Warning: require_once(/QueryString.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thetowne/public_html/index.php on line 54

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thetowne/public_html/index.php on line 54

Thanks, that one's been sorted and prompted me to add some security and tighten shit up. That error was registered over 3,700 times from about 13:30! Cheesy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:24:53 »

Will the upgrade stop witless puns and auto ban the users?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:26:45 »

Will the upgrade stop witless puns and autoban the users?

What have german motorways got to do with this ?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:26:49 »

No. Bazza is lining up the puns.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:27:05 »

Thanks, that one's been sorted and prompted me to add some security and tighten shit up.

You must be doing a good job. If my router's firewall logs are anything to go by, in comparison you must get a lot of attempts on the site.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:28:39 »

Will the upgrade stop witless puns and auto ban the users?

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:31:00 »

You must be doing a good job. If my router's firewall logs are anything to go by, in comparison you must get a lot of attempts on the site.
Most of mine appear to be from China and Russia, I can't start to imagine how many attacks the TEF must get.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:32:04 »

What does "trialling something in the back end" mean? I'm not used to IT speak.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:33:11 »

I took it as being more Richard Gere than IT.

Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:41:30 »

Security wise I do very, very little. The server is fully managed so it kind of takes care of itself. The only thing I've done, server wise, is install suPHP, which I now see as compulsory and later learned my host now installs by default. I plan to get us on nginx and install FastCGI, but the server copes fine as things stand so there's no rush there.

I also added a spam mod in the forum which dropped spam and malicious shit by about 90%. Today I added CloudFlare (as I saw huge improvements on another site) and it also adds a nice layer of security.  

Testing something that wouldn't be noticed by your average user within the visible areas of the site. It's essentially something hidden behind the scenes making things work smoother - or at least that's the hope.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:45:56 »

Most of mine appear to be from China and Russia, I can't start to imagine how many attacks the TEF must get.

Likewise, someone with a Korean IP attempted an SSH attack on my NAS the other day. It's probably just botnets.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 14:49:44 »

Likewise, someone with a Korean IP attempted an SSH attack on my NAS the other day. It's probably just botnets.
Yeah I doubt very much they are specific targetted attacks, they seem to be originating from Universities and institutions etc

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: