Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Confirm Transfer of Collins, Roberts and Williams  (Read 9115 times)
swindont

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 14:53:23 »

3 good players very happy with the first 3 signings of the summer!

Goal scorers and an expierenced class winger!
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 14:54:37 »

Really?  Hadn't heard anything myself...

Cheesy
Sharpe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 17:37:27 »

Confirmed by skysports http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7824247/Di-Canio-seals-triple-swoop. Looks like a good few captures and they all seem to be free.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 18:23:40 »

Fuck me....that Gary Roberts is hell of a signing!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 19:17:47 »

Good signings on paper. Hope they fit in to life under PDC.
Sharpe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 19:48:49 »

Good signings on paper. Hope they fit in to life under PDC.

I checked on wikipedia and they all seem to be white from what i can gather, so i don't think PDC will have a problem with them.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 19:55:24 »

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 21:12:06 »

hahaha
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 21:18:23 »

Where did you pull that one from? Ha

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 21:34:58 »

Great coup, hope they do the biz....said to my pals we'd sign Roberts a few weeks back after Holmes went to PNE and saw he was released by 'Udders!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 09:36:10 »

Having a look around the league 2 clubs forums I found this.......I know some of you arent interested in what other teams think of us so dont bother commenting that we shouldnt be looking around other teams forums, some of our fans are genuinely interested in what other teams are saying.

Apparently going to bankrupt the club signing these players according to Yokels and PNE forums, what with us being £10.7 million in debt.

Here is Yeovil's take on it.

http://www.tgr2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4989

Preston saying we are paying Williams £5k per week which is why THEY of all teams couldn't compete with us for his signature, also stating that we are such a small club compaired to them. Also that Williams is a one season wonder even though 2 weeks ago they were revelling in the fact that he may sign for them.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?73514-Gary-Roberts-Andy-Williams-and-James-Collins

A head to head of Swindon vs Preston signings from the PNE forum, stating that we will go tits up this season in their opinion.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?73521-PNE-v-Swindon-Signings

But the best of all comes from such utterly bitter Screwsbury fans on their forum.

Not going to hide my disappointment but for me this smells of agent meddling and financial reasons behind the move since it appears a very sideways step footballwise.

I certainly will not be clapping his name on the Swindon team sheet come the trip to the meadow however. He has shown no respect given to the club, if he had wanted to move or consider his options he could have contacted turner and not been so hard to reach.

I liked the player while he was here but the way he has left has left a sour taste in my mouth and spoilt the respect he had here.

Really disappointed in Collins with this move, don't think he'll make the same progress under the system that Di Canio has.

Collins has gone. Couldn't care less personally. There's better out there.

How many forwards to Swindon need? Pure greed. Well if their gonna offload Connel or Benson i'd be interested. Cant say im too fussed bout Collins, over-rated IMO, if he thinks its going to be fun working under the fascist then he's in for a shock, he'll be keeping the bench warm most of the season

If Collins doesn't hit the ground running Di Canio will drop him like a stone. I can't see how Collins will develop his career at Swindon.

Bench warming won't do his international chances a lot of good.

why go to a club that are in the same league apart from money? So much for wanting to stay at town. Oh well we need one of them home grown strikers. Will be a big few weeks now to get a good team to gel together in time for new season. In G T we trust but i think he will be disappointed to lose Collins. Love to see us stuff Preston and Swindon now.

Interesting that DiCanio's arm around the shoulder of Collins was much more than 'well played son'.

Given Swindon's strength in depth in attack Collins development as a footballer may stall somewhat. One imagines the pay hike may soften that blow a tad.

James Collins was over rated and has therefore done well. If the boot was on the other foot wouldnt be too impressed as a Swindon fan.
He will be on the bench more than the pitch.
Cheerio mon, thanks for the goals, should have signed for a big club....

not impressed by this move in anyway.

I was happy thinking he'd gone to Preston, sheff Utd, Watford etc etc who are bigger clubs and would be a career move for him and make us some nice tribunal money.

To go to Swindon however is just joke-worthy, they were only a few points above us in the end so a sideways move for him and like others have said he'll be warming the bench sooner rather than later.

Have Swindon offered him THAT much more that it's worth uprooting to another part of the country? or so much that he didn't want higher clubs?

with 9 strikers at the county ground, jamies bottom may attract splinters on that bench

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 09:40:39 »

I share the Williams concerns, but other than that, it's all quite amusing.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 09:49:13 »

We have become quite Huddersfield-like.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 09:56:38 »

Fuck 'em. Let them think what they want.

I trust this board aren't spending money we can't afford.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:00:17 »

Isn't this the Preston who paid alot for Lee Holmes, which put us out of contention of signing him?

And I very, very, very much doubt we're paying 5k a week for Williams. It's just a stupid rumour started off the Yeovil forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: