Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Confirm Transfer of Collins, Roberts and Williams  (Read 9113 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:00:54 »

I share the Williams concerns, but other than that, it's all quite amusing.
Williams has only had one season of fair success that is very true.

He doesnt have a bad scoring record though and has done it in a fairly poor side at Yeovil so with better players around him he may hit it off well, we will soon see.

Although saying that I would still have him as third choice striker after Benson and Collins.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:01:25 »

The differnce between us and shrewsbury is that we just want to push for promotion again instead of staying in league 1.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:01:59 »

And I very, very, very much doubt we're paying 5k a week for Williams. It's just a stupid rumour started off the Yeovil forum.
Wasn't that figure ridiculed by Williams, STFC and his agent a few weeks ago?

china red

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:05:21 »

Seems like a repeat of last summer in terms of what our fellow supporters in League one think will happen

A) Paolo will go crazy quit/be fired
B) we'll go bust
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:06:51 »

I don't remember reading anything like that, I'll take your word for it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:10:29 »

Williams has only had one season of fair success that is very true.

He doesnt have a bad scoring record though and has done it in a fairly poor side at Yeovil so with better players around him he may hit it off well, we will soon see.

From what I'm aware he's only played as a striker for the last 6 months, prior to that he was invariably a winger. Similar path to Connell I suppose, although he's bigger, quicker and, from what I can gather, better.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:11:15 »

Yes it was
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:12:46 »

From what I'm aware he's only played as a striker for the last 6 months, prior to that he was invariably a winger. Similar path to Connell I suppose, although he's bigger, quicker and, from what I can gather, better.
I know he started as a striker at Aston Villa and was made into a winger at Hereford, then has switched backwards and forwards between winger and striker ever since, but I believe most of his games until last season were as you say as a winger.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:13:23 »

Meh fuck em.

Shrewsbury are losing all their players and have replaced them with shit like Asa Hall ffs!

Reckon graham turners tried to bum them all and they didnt like it
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:13:46 »

Yes it was
Cheers BR didn't think I had the imagination to dream it Cheesy

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:14:44 »

Seems like a repeat of last summer in terms of what our fellow supporters in League one think will happen

A) Paolo will go crazy quit/be fired
B) we'll go bust

My recollection is that this time last year the comment from a lot of opposition fans was more along the line of 'he'll only last 5 mins'/untried & untested/Swindon are going to regret this gamble etc.  The 'you're going bust' accusations only appeared months later when it became apparent that he had lasted more than 5 mins and that Swindon were not going to regret the gamble.  It was a fall back.

I, for one, don't want to get too complacent about the sustainability of what we're doing though.  I do believe that our spending is more sustainable than a lot of opposition fans would have us believe.  (Yesterday's signings, for example, being a case in point.  What seems to have irked Shrewsbury fans more than anything is not so much that we have taken Collins, but that we have taken him for next to nothing.)  However, we have not seen the financial statements for the season just gone (for the year ended 31/05/2012), and neither will we for some time.  Crowds are up and revenues are clearly stronger than they used to be but, until we see the numbers, we cannot really know the extent to which costs have also gone up...which, undoubtedly, they have.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:17:37 by Ardiles » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:33:57 »

But it's not as if we have paid any money for these 3 - apart from wages, of course.

How on earth Shrewsbury can bemoan Collins going 'sideways' to Swindon I don't know - they get promoted and cant, or dont want to, hang on to their main men.

Who would want to stay at a club that shows no ambition.

We have a young, energetic, high profile manager and they have got Methusela - surprised he didn't burst an artery last season after them not getting that penalty at the CG

Don't know who the Championship club Roberts was on about, but I bet he'll be popular saying they would be at the bottom of the League next season!
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:38:34 »

Don't know who the Championship club Roberts was on about, but I bet he'll be popular saying they would be at the bottom of the League next season!

Think it was Sheffield Wednesday.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:44:26 »

If it was Wednesday then he's mental!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 10:47:37 »

I heard it was Peterborough.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: