Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite one-off chant?  (Read 9684 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:18:42 »

Continuing the theme.

What's the best one-off chant you've heard at a Town game? Something sung once and then never again. A couple stick in the mind from recent years. Remember Eric Sabin being scouted by QPR (or had signed a pre-contract?) and he fluffed a chance over the stand leading to the Town End to chant "Are you watching QPR?" Another was when Parkin scored his debut hatrick. Barnsley had just taken the lead from a Chris Lumsdon pen who then preceded do a stupid dance in front of the Town End. Later in the game with Town winning, a chant of "you're not dancing anymore" was directed at him  Cheesy

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:20:19 »

not really a chant but
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I come from a land down-under
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:24:21 »

"He's got a pineapple, on his head" - think it was Onadi Lowe when he was with Rushden?

Didn't he get his nudger out that game?
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:27:11 »

Cant remember which game in the PL season it was, but I remember the home fans singing

'Going down, going down, going down'

with the Town fans replying:

'So are we, so are we, so are we'

Gallows humour at its best!
Barry Scott

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:30:20 »

Super, super mark, super, super mark, super, super mark, super market trolley. I wasn't there but heard of it being directed at Mark McCammon and it made me chuckle.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:31:03 »

When the Shrivy Road did "eeee eeee eeeee eeeee" with the pretend knife stabbing action to Trevor Morely after he had recovered from being stabed by his wife.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:38:33 »

"We can see you washing up" at Orient.

Or "ordering a takeaway" to the fat ginger kid at Leeds who having taken a barrage of abuse for 20 minutes or so, pulled his phone out to presumably call his mummy.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:45:24 »

Us: Swindon
Pox: Shit

Us: Oxford
Pox Shit

Us: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:47:59 by Flashheart » Logged
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:45:58 »

The 'He ran on your pitch' in the game against Northampton, or that chant we sang to akinfenwa about eating all the pies same game
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:49:14 »

Not so much a chant as terrace banter that sticks in my mind.  Must have been shortly after I started going because I was standing on a busy Stratton Bank and the incident concerned Duncan Shearer, who had just scuffed a shot.  Seconds later, someone at the back yells 'Shearer, you fucking donkey!' and, because the stand had fallen quite quiet, the abuse carried across the whole of the Bank...and probably quite a lot further than he had intended.

You could have heard a pin drop.  Moments later another bloke at the front of the stand turns around, leans up against one of the railings so everyone could see him and shouts, in a broad Wiltshire accent 'Oi, who said that?'  Everyone turns around to see bloke #1, now apologetically holding his hand in the air, obviously regretting his outburst.  Aware he's got the attention of just about everyone, bloke at the front then jabs his finger at bloke #1 and shouts back, very slowly and deliberately 'He's fucking God!'  Only time I can remember where a terrace wag has brought the house down.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:56:21 »

I remember against Luton once when the town end started singing 500 singhs & not 1 song.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:57:18 »

"He's got a pineapple, on his head" - think it was Onadi Lowe when he was with Rushden?

Didn't he get his nudger out that game?

town fans used to sing that a lot to paul edwards as well. Was looking a decent prospect at the time but turned down a contract with us and never played higher
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 13:15:01 »

Cant remember which game in the PL season it was, but I remember the home fans singing

'Going down, going down, going down'

with the Town fans replying:

'So are we, so are we, so are we'

Gallows humour at its best!

Chelsea on Glenda's return.

I'd not heard the Elland Road "is there a fire drill?" song before that game. But I've noticed it elsewhere so I guess we nicked it. There was also the "We're going to West Ham, you're going to Daggenham" chant.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 13:15:46 »

town fans used to sing that a lot to paul edwards as well. Was looking a decent prospect at the time but turned down a contract with us and never played higher

Wasn't all that post Jaason Lee though, not sure it counts.

Unlike...Teeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa tooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwel
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 13:19:13 »

TEEEEEAAAAA TOWEL ad infinitum at one of the Sodjes when Yeovil visited.  He got so wound up he ended up getting sent off.  Good work Town End!   Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: