Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite one-off chant?  (Read 9671 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:19:55 »

Not a chant as such but at Stockport away during the Malpas reign I took about 10-12 mates, many who had never been to a football match, on my stag night. I cannot remember why but it was dead quiet and some bloke shouted in the broadest Wiltshire accent I have ever heard 'Aljofree you're a fucking disgrace' at which point Aljofree then turned round and offered him out at half time.

Just was extremely surreal...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:26:01 »

first game against oxford once joey had gone back (i think/assume) he got so much stick all game (does youre mummy know you're here etc.) then we started singing 'cry in a minute, he's gonna cry in a minute...' poor boy looked so upset

Then mark walters karate kicked him in the head Cool
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:33:52 »

Bradford away 0-0 on a freezing cold mid week night in the late 90s just after linesmen had been renamed 'Referee's Assistants':

Lino flags for what seemed like the 100th dodgy offside of the night, to quiet groans from the stands. One card shouts out 'No wonder you're only the fuckin assistant!', which echoes around the ground and is greeted by chuckling from both sets of fans and a blush from the Lino!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:37:50 »

first game against oxford once joey had gone back (i think/assume) he got so much stick all game (does youre mummy know you're here etc.) then we started singing 'cry in a minute, he's gonna cry in a minute...' poor boy looked so upset

As you've posted in the thread you've just prompted another memory.

Paul Ince's debut for us away at Wrexham, up stands KT and yells "Go on son, make a name for yourself". Made I larf.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:49:39 »

Not a chant as such but at Stockport away during the Malpas reign I took about 10-12 mates, many who had never been to a football match, on my stag night. I cannot remember why but it was dead quiet and some bloke shouted in the broadest Wiltshire accent I have ever heard 'Aljofree you're a fucking disgrace' at which point Aljofree then turned round and offered him out at half time.

Just was extremely surreal...

Aljokefree, hehe

I come from a land down-under
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:58:35 »

Anyone remember a mid-week game in the late 80s, there was an opposition player who did nothing wrong other than his first name was Julian. All I remember is the Shrivvy Road stand giving him a lot of shrill calls of "Julian! Julian!"

Also, not an original one maybe, but only time I got to sing "Stand up for the champions!" will go down in memory as a classic.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 19:00:05 »

Had a lot of juvenile fun with the Alan O'Brien chant of "Alan! Alan!"
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 19:08:27 »

This, his reaction was comedy gold.

Jack Smith and JP doing their best not to piss themselves added to it as well.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 19:12:18 »

As you've posted in the thread you've just prompted another memory.

Paul Ince's debut for us away at Wrexham, up stands KT and yells "Go on son, make a name for yourself". Made I larf.

hehe, it was actually 'you could have made a name for yourself there' as he put a shot off target.  i have to admit i was rather proud of that one
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 19:26:35 »

Anyone remember a mid-week game in the late 80s, there was an opposition player who did nothing wrong other than his first name was Julian. All I remember is the Shrivvy Road stand giving him a lot of shrill calls of "Julian! Julian!"

Also, not an original one maybe, but only time I got to sing "Stand up for the champions!" will go down in memory as a classic.
I'll claim that one. His name was Julian Broddle and he played for some Northern club. He was not a happy bunny.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 20:15:44 »

Dick Van Dykes a Swindon fan, Swindon fan, Swindon fan
Dick Van Dykes a Swindon fan, he solves murders
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 20:43:19 »

Years back we played Forest a little while after Peter Shilton had been struck by a dart.

The Town End......hes got a dart board for a face hes, got a dart board for a face.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 20:48:41 »

Dick Van Dykes a Swindon fan, Swindon fan, Swindon fan
Dick Van Dykes a Swindon fan, he solves murders

I was devastated when he shaved his 'tache off - ruined!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 20:56:05 »

I started fire drill at Leeds, nicked it off Exeter fans. Best ever was shrubby road against notts county. Awful linesman and someone to the tune of witicha lineman sang dead loud. "he's a linesmen for the county"
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 20:59:52 »

'Christian Roberts, he's gone for a pint.. He's gone for a pint, He's gone for a piiint...'  Pint At the charity match this season.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: