Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills away  (Read 97652 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:07:25 »

I am certain this will all blow over and the game go ahead but with a 1pm KO time to try and avoid alcohol related trouble making, Scally apparently did the same against Stoke a while back, threatened to stop that game going ahead due to policing cost.....suffice to say it went ahead as normal, its just Scally trying to jump on the publicity bandwagon the fucking Pikey.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:08:40 »

The Gills need to sort this out, and quickly.  The longer this drags out, the more stupid they will look when the inevitable climb down happens.
Exactly right.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:09:39 »

I see there is a big call on the Jills forum to just ban all Swindon fans saying no Swindon fans=no trouble.

No, that was one bloke, and he got shot down for it. Plenty of people seem quite happy for it to be played behind closed doors though, which is pathetic. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be incredibly embarassed by my club.

jutty, I've just had a look at the regulations. This was the best I could find...

33.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club's certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The Executive may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. With effect from the 2011/12 Season each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club's central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

33.2.2 Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club. These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate. The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate. Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable. Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:20:55 »

Surely they are in breach of 32.2.2 then as we dont have the tickets?  Hmmm
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:24:54 »

They could probably argue that it's not reasonably practical to send them yet, as they still haven't fulfilled the criteria about having a safety certificate in line with the safety of sports grounds act 1975. There's no mention of the sanctions for failing to do this.

(I've done a lot of procrastination this morning!)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:28:00 »

It's probably all a smoke screen to delay releasing our tickets until 48 hours before to deter as many Town fans as possible from getting tickets.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:28:23 »

On a side note, their kit for next years looks dreadful.

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10416~2730033,00.html
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:32:12 »

Gillingham FC Poll: Is Scally Right to Dispute Policing Costs?

Place your bets now!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:33:52 »

One for the TEF pressure group?!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:35:05 »

'No' is now in the lead.  Down to us?  Who can tell?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:36:20 »

'No' is now in the lead.  Down to us?  Who can tell?
I voted no!

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:36:41 »

No, simples
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:43:41 »

I hope the quality of the live feed is better than the Oxford game.

bobby

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:46:03 »

All this and i can presume it will go ahead with both sets of fans the main problem is the delay in getting the tickets to our ticket office it will make it very difficult for us out of towners to get a ticket as i am sure it will be all ticket to away fans and like many others saturdays game is the only time i am going to swindon.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:48:34 »

All this and i can presume it will go ahead with both sets of fans the main problem is the delay in getting the tickets to our ticket office it will make it very difficult for us out of towners to get a ticket as i am sure it will be all ticket to away fans and like many others saturdays game is the only time i am going to swindon.
Don't think your too far wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: