Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills away  (Read 97213 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 10:55:49 »

Have they got wind of FLASH's T-Shirts?  Cheesy
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:05:17 »

You have to admit there's an irony there as well.  If you are, as a fanbase, going to persist with bigging up a 'rivalry' with a team from 120 miles away based on trouble at a few games in the 1970s & 1980s that no one under the age of 40 remembers anyway...you shouldn't complain too loudly when the Police decide to up the bill for matchday policing.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:12:24 »

You have to admit there's an irony there as well.  If you are, as a fanbase, going to persist with bigging up a 'rivalry' with a team from 120 miles away based on trouble at a few games in the 1970s & 1980s that no one under the age of 40 remembers anyway...you shouldn't complain too loudly when the Police decide to up the bill for matchday policing.

Yep. Entirely down to their fans stoking up a rivalry that nobody in Wiltshire was bothered about. I'm hoping JW is doing all he can from our end to get them sorted out. I have no idea what the policing costs are for this, but there's a part of me wants to see us say "Fine, we'll pay for our own party" just to make them look even more pathetic.

And this is why I'm not the CEO of a successful company.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:17:10 »

Silly lot.

Everyone knows he will stump up the cash,he just wants a bit of attention,bless.

Would be utterly mad if it happened though,sure it won't,but i wouldn't bother travelling to Gillingham if i couldn't get into the actual game.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:17:40 »

surely they could do a whole park here or get the train here and bus people straight into the ground if its that much of an issue?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:20:32 »

surely they could do a whole park here or get the train here and bus people straight into the ground if its that much of an issue?

But this dispute is over what Gills have to pay, and that only covers policing in the ground. If they're charging them for the extra 5,000 police, 600 horses and helicopter they usually send out then you can see why they might be reluctant! To be in this situation 10 days before the game is ridiculous though.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:38:44 »

Fuck it. We will pay the police bill and play the game here. Scally is a twat.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:41:13 »

Ive got my tickets booked for this and staying at a mates who lives in Kent, I'll have a party outside with Paolo et al!

He will cave in and pay. As reeves said, 10 days before a game and in this situation is ridiculous
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:53:09 »

Maybe the club could look at doing some sort of County Ground beam-back for this one?

Why not go the whole hog, if the peg sales and tarmacing won't cover the police bill we can have the game back at our place!
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:56:08 »

I wonder if JW has spoken to the company that put the poxford game on in the ground to see if they can beam back the game if it is played behind closed doors.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:58:15 »

If I was JW, right now I'd be more worried about getting our fans in at Gills than getting a beam back.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 11:59:01 »

I see there is a big call on the Jills forum to just ban all Swindon fans saying no Swindon fans=no trouble.

I can see their point of view except for the fact that Jills are the trouble makers as they hate us more than we dislike them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:01:51 »

I see there is a big call on the Jills forum to just ban all Swindon fans saying no Swindon fans=no trouble.

More like lots of Town in Gills end=more trouble.

Medwayred can put 5000 tickets on his credit card to get us all round the inevitable postcode ban.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:04:18 »

Even though i agree that they should be worried about getting the game back on, i am sure they have discussed that option of beaming back the game as a last resort.
I don't think the league would allow the game to go ahead without any away fans in the ground as it would contrievene some rule or other.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 12:06:29 »

Banning our fans only would be a complete non-starter.  As JJE says, the aggro originates mainly from their side anyway...but that's hardly the point.  Can you imagine excluding a set of away fans from a game when their team is about to take the title simply in order that the home club can save a little cash on the policing?  Sounds ridiculous - and it is.

The Gills need to sort this out, and quickly.  The longer this drags out, the more stupid they will look when the inevitable climb down happens.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: