Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Shrewsbury Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64795 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:09:10 »

How Turner could describe the Macca incident as a blatant penalty and a sending off is beyond me.Firstly, it was outside the box and looks more like Gornell allowed himself to be touched by Macca(excuse the euphamism)so that he could go down.He'd already dived earlier in the half and play was waved on so ref gave us the benefit of the doubt.Notice that Turner made no mention of the tap on Smith on the edge of the box that looked as "blatant".Win some lose some as we had to at D and R and Cheltenham earlier in the season when we had good shouts for penalties
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:22:03 »

Turner alo said the only person in the ground that didn't think it was a penalty was the ref, he obviously forgot the Lino who also thought otherwise. At the time I thought it was a foul but that it was outside the area, Now ive seen the replay the first contact if any is definitely outside the box.
Flashheart

« Reply #527 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:26:47 »

Seen it in better quality now and still can't see any contact.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:51:12 »

I know he is excempt from criticism but Foderingham didn't really cover himself in glory with their goal. Pretty poor effort at the punch away. And was lucky to get away with it in the second half by the looks of it.

Get Nicky Hammond Back! Moan Moan!
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:53:52 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:59:18 »

Wes did look a little bit shaky at times along with others and was punching more than he has done. That punch in the 2nd half was poor as it looked just as easy to catch the ball. People in the crowd even dared to groan at him Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:01:00 »

Dunno why he's started punching lately. He'd usually claim it no hassle.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:05:20 »

We have faced some big physical strikers lately so maybe thats what he has been told to do, just takes a bit of pressure off when he does catch the ball.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:29:11 »

We have faced some big physical strikers lately so maybe thats what he has been told to do, just takes a bit of pressure off when he does catch the ball.

I think he admitted on Twitter that he had a mare on Tuesday. At least it proves he's human after all!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 16:08:52 »

Re Boateng, I think I can see Paolo's thinking in playing an inexperienced defender. As things stand, McCormack is there to act as an experienced, cool headed back stop to any fuck up's Daniel may make and to advise him/ shout at him to get him into position/ shape. Better to play someone lacking experience with the back stop than have to throw him into the fray in the event that McCormack is suspended/ injured and out of the picture before Flint returns. Get some experience under his belt and develop his abilty whilst he is not a vital replacement.
Spencer_White

« Reply #534 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:06:24 »

I wish Salisbury and South Wilts did support STFC as much as Shrewsbury think they do.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:11:02 »

I wish Salisbury and South Wilts did support STFC as much as Shrewsbury think they do.

They all support Saints.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #536 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:14:12 »

They all support Saints.

Yep Saints and Pompey split about 60/40, I don't remember ever meeting someone from Salisbury that follows Swindon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:15:26 »

There's more Swindon fans in Oxfordshire than South Wiltshire.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:15:50 »

Dunno why he's started punching lately. He'd usually claim it no hassle.

I' ve only two slight critisicms(sp) of Wes one is the sometimes weak punching,( which he has been doing all the way through since he joined, it's not a recent thing) the second is he frequently drops kicks from outside of the area, I'm surprised he hasn't been pulled up for it yet. His bearing are a bit out on it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:29:26 »

Say what you like about the referee but Shrewsbury would have won had it not been for slack goalkeeping and static defending.

Also, there's not many people south of Warminster (a few regiments in training and hippies at Stonehenge) so it's understandable why Salisbury folk follow the Haaaaaampshire clubs.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: