Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crawley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 54318 times)
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 01:29:27 »

Best one for me was the guy sat half way up in the Arkells who shouted 'Sit down Evans you fat cunt you're blocking our view'   Clap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 06:43:59 »

Those saying it was a red need to pipe down. It's not a clear goalscoring oppourtunity when it's on the halfway line, 3 chasing defenders in close proximity. I'd have been fuming if it was given against us.

Pipe down? I think it is a fair call. The only redeeming factor for the ref was he was a long way from goal. I am 100% certain he was through on goal, 100%. But I can see being that far our the ref could have reasonable doubts. Worth a debate though.

Ferry 6 - Didn't play long and was apparently ill

Gave the ball away more times yesterday than the rest of the season combined. Liked the look of Cox, but it'll take him a little while to settle, Ferry is still a loss.

Thought Smith had a good game yesterday too. Then the all did.

Somebody said Torquay have 41/48 points, phenomenal. We have 39/48, equally phenomenal, and when you see we have played  3 fewer home games we are looking good if we don't lose our heads.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 07:21:34 by Batch » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 07:15:13 »

Pipe down? I think it is a fair call. The only redeeming factor for the ref was he was a long way from goal. I am 100% certain he was through on goal, 100%. But I can see being that far our the ref could have reasonable doubts.
agreed entirely. and the crawley captain running into the huddle of town players to push them away didn't help things. burn them all

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Barry Scott

« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 07:28:26 »

I fucking love cibocchi

Cox looked handy when he came on. Good signing that. Interesting to see where that leaves ferry.

I also love Cibo, he's quickly becoming a class act.

I don't think we need worry about Ferry. The fact he's started the last 2 games, when ill, shows the kind of esteem di Canio holds him in. If this was early in the season then I'd agree, because he looked like being shipped out. Now, however, I think Di Canio understands topboi and sees him as the key player he is.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 07:51:05 »

Second half we seemed to handle crawleys arial threat a lot better - props to the back four. Bodins goal was peng.

Please could you translate this into english from whippersnapper ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 07:53:58 »

Evans is such a dick.

The sight of the league table with us sat in fourth one point behind the leaders with two games in hands makes me very moist.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 08:00:29 »

The only thing about that challenge on Bodin was that it was so far out it would be very difficult for him to score from there. That said he would have been clean through had he not been taken down. As a ref how do you call it? Letter of the law says red but realistically it wasn't an out and out goalscoring chance.

If it wasn't a clear goalscoring chance then he shouldn't be sent off.  If it was he should have been.  I guess the ref thought the distance to goal meant it wasn't a clear chance.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 08:06:21 »

Early this season we've seen other teams fans complaining that we are primadonnas, fall over, complain to the ref etc etc.

I presume those fans haven't seen the disgraceful behaviour that Evans and his troglodytes get up to.

I feel the same as when we dicked Cambridge all those years ago.  Its a victory for football of a sub human approximation of football.

And even though I was only 9, I can be fairly certain Cambridge had more about them - whilst I thought Barnett was handy, Fergie won't be coming in for him like he did for Dion Dublin. Never know, one of their players might turn into an awful pundit a la Claridge though. 4-1 win wasn't it, after being 4 up?
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 09:18:18 »

If it wasn't a clear goalscoring chance then he shouldn't be sent off.  If it was he should have been.  I guess the ref thought the distance to goal meant it wasn't a clear chance.

Equally though if the tackle hadn't happened Bodin would have been through which would probably have lead to a one on one situation. A tough call indeed for the ref but his overall performance and the linesman were below below making some bizarre decisions
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 09:23:42 »

I can't remember if I said it here already but fuck it.

Crawley absolutely disgust me - from top to bottom that club, its management and players are an insult to any professional club or player the world over. I look forward to the day that they sink back to non league without a trace.

As for us, well, we were just fucking superb all over the pitch. Once we adjusted to Crawleys "style" and sussed them out, they stood absolutely no chance. Super Wes had to make those 2 unbelievable saves just before half time and it was from then that I knew we'd go on to win.
Absolutely made up for Billy, what a stunning finish from a fantastic talent.

Did anyone else realise Sanchez Watt was playing? and what's all the fuss about Claude Davis? Anyone would have thought they were fighting for survival the way they set up and went about time wasting from the off. Even Bradford gave it more of a go.

Onwards and fucking upwards. We won't lose for the rest of the season.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 09:47:12 »

Had a quick skim through this thread this morning and well summed up by all thought I'd just add my two penneth...

Getting harder to single players' performances out as the whole team is performing so well at the moment. McCormack though is becoming the embodiment of Di Canio's Swindon and is certainly the frontrunner for Player of the Season.

Foderingham's two saves at the end of the first half were absolutely different class (particularly the second one), and the game could have been very different had we gone in level at half time. I was worried we were going to struggle with their physical bully boy tactics during the first half, but Devera was winning every header from their long throws and once we settled into playing our football there was only one winner.

Think Cibocchi has improved hugely and has a brilliant left foot - unlucky not to score that free kick that led to our first goal.

Ferry was clearly not right and never got in the game before he went off, Cox did look a useful addition when he came on, almost got caught in possession a couple of times but has really quick feet and was able to get himself out of trouble.

Very happy for Bodin, cracking strike and hopefully the club offer him a long term contract as soon as possible. (With the foul on him in the first half - he might have been through had he not been brought down but you'll never get a straight red given for that on the halfway line)

All in all just like Southend it was a much better result than I'd hoped for and our position in the league is looking very strong. The league is finally in our own hands.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 09:51:27 »

Went to bed a happy man last night, still singing 3-0 to the circus team this morning!!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 09:54:52 »

How bad was there goalkeeper as well, that one he tried to catch was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 09:57:06 »

I know the season's got a way to go yet, and I'm danger of getting carried away but I can't resist. Some choice quotes from earlier this season:

May 2011:

AFC Wimbledon boss Terry Brown has issued a bizarre dig at Swindon Town’s decision to appoint Paolo Di Canio as the club’s new manager, claiming the Italian will struggle to sign the required players.
“I think I know more about the second division than Paolo Di Canio does,” he said.

“I am sure all Swindon fans are incredibly excited about having an Italian legend as their manager but some of them must be asking themselves what he knows about this level - where is he going to get his players from?

“It is a league I know a lot about and I know almost all the managers and have watched a lot of games this year,” he added.

“I know the calibre of players we need and I would say we do need to be a bit stronger physically. If he thinks he is going to get players of his calibre and skill then he is mistaken - he won’t.”

November 2011:

"I heard Di Canio talking about the way Bradford play, saying they are very physical," said Pope.

"But he's managing in League Two – if he doesn't want to see physical 'in-your-face football' he should go back to Cloud Cuckoo Land where people wear tutus and dance around each other.

"At this level it's about working hard and putting plenty of challenges in.

"That's the top and bottom of it. If he wants to think his players can't be kicked, he's in the wrong job."

From September 2011:

STEVE Evans is relishing the 'Paolo Di Canio circus' rolling into Crawley next week, but warned the Swindon boss he will not stand for his touchline theatrics.

"As long as we don't see the kind of scenes we saw on Sky over the last few weeks I'm looking forward to going up against him.

"But when you see a manager clashing with his own players then it suggests that something is wrong.

From September 2011

ROTHERHAM United's defeat at Swindon Town on Saturday has left a bitter taste with manager Andy Scott.

Scott said: "I didn't enjoy it at all. From start to finish we didn't play very well.  There was a lot of histrionics and you had people rolling around and their bench was like a pantomime but I knew that was what we were going to walk into.

And this from WSC June 2011:

The brainless appointment of Paolo Di Canio

The qualities many British football fans seem to admire most are those that bear a similarity to the contents of the average supermarket sausage: heart, lungs, guts, balls. A wide range of offal treats then, with the notable exception of brains. These characteristics are often corralled under the heading "passion" and enjoy an enduring reverence in spite of the humiliations routinely handed out to our national teams by countries who prefer to concentrate on things like "passing", "controlling the ball" and "not picking Gareth Barry". So when Paolo Di Canio stated in his first press conference at Swindon Town that he wanted "to have all players with two big bollocks", he was preaching to the choir.

On purely football terms, the appointment is...questionable. Di Canio has not been involved in English football since 2004 and would presumably struggle to recognise a League Two player if he trod on his jackboots.

To coin a phrase popular among cynical wedding guests, I give it six months.

Yeah chaps close the door on the way out, particularly Evans if he can fit through it first.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Gethimout

« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 09:58:31 »

Went to the game last night. Not as cold as last Tuesday but still chilly.

I think Crawley slightly edged us for the first 30. Very phyiscal at the back and we struggled to hold it up at times. Once we got the first goal, it settled us and we ran the show from then! The defense is solid, midfield battle and close down so much and the strikers look for runs in behind or to feet. Brilliant to see.

McCormack's run was amazing up the left hand side that led to the goal. Personally think Cox coming on made a difference. Ferry had 2-3 fuck up with about 10 mins, kept getting caught with it!

Evans is still a cunt and always will be. Not happy about some of his players cropping Matt Ritchie.

Should it of been a sending off when billy was through? I think it would be been harsh as the full backs would of covered round. Didn't stop me shouting - OFF, OFF, OFF!!!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: