Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crawley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 54275 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 22:49:47 »

I will still be laughing in the morning at Kuipers' attempt to catch the high ball. Had my suspicions he was in for one of those games as soon as he emerged in leggings under his shorts. For anybody not there, I really hope it makes the highlights package - as comical as Billy's goal was good.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 22:52:10 »

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/page/MatchReport/0,,11025~59225,00.html

"Kuipers made his first save on 17 minutes when he held Benson's header and moments later Claude Davis was booked for bringing down Billy Bodin just inside the Swindon half as the home crowd somewhat optimistically called for a red card"

i thought about making a bit of this bold for emphasis, but all round...that's impressive

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 22:53:25 »

Official website write-ups are always good value, especially when the team loses.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 22:54:10 »

The only thing about that challenge on Bodin was that it was so far out it would be very difficult for him to score from there. That said he would have been clean through had he not been taken down. As a ref how do you call it? Letter of the law says red but realistically it wasn't an out and out goalscoring chance.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 22:55:22 »

he was 1-1 if davis didn't take him down (the others in the back 4 were flat with davis but spread out). i demanded red and wouldn't begrudge any town player sent off in that position

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 22:55:36 »

First things first, they were better than us in the first half, by some distance until our goal. They closed us down, they nullified Ritchie and Caddis, Barnett was superb holding up play.

Then there were 4 moments that changed the game: Our first goal, two saves from Foderingham (the second was superb, clawed back like his save earlier in the season - Jills I think), then a beaut from Billy. Has there been a better goal since Cox's Walsall goal?

Foderingham is as valuable to us as a twenty goal striker. They score that many, he saves them. People often say it's lucky if your keeper gets you out if trouble, but that's rubbish. We bought him, others didn't.

Lee Cox made a good first impression - kept the ball, seemed to sense where Ritchie and Caddis were in the same way Ferry does. I would hope and expect to see him play a big part during the run in.

Special mention for Evans as well. It's quite a sight, even from afar, watching this clammy, ruddy cheeked, odious, obese, heart attack waiting to happen jump up and down like a baby elephant doused in peroxide on speed. I envy people who get paid to work in football, but not him. I try not to hate people, and he's testing me.

Spot on and echoed!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 22:55:47 »

Stoke v. Crawley is going to be one of the ugliest, most unwatchable games of football rugby ever. The thought of it is making me puke.

And Crawley are charging £32 to watch it !!!

They reminded me of John Beck's Cambridge side from the '90's.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 22:59:15 »

WES FODERINGHAM

[url width=320 height=256]http://fraserdigbyswashbag.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/wes-foderingham.jpg?w=604[/url]

10 clean sheets in 16 league games.

Thumb
Dozno9

« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 23:00:16 »

And Crawley are charging £32 to watch it !!!

Didn't they once have to warm up on the extension pitch because they kept cutting the pitches up on warm ups or is that my imagination.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 23:00:26 »

Reporting us for what?!

Supposedly Fabrizio had an alltercation with the 4th official because he kept allowing the fat jabba the hut lookalike to step over into the Swindon technival area.  Fucking joke if you ask me considering Di Canio was banned.  If any anything comes of it, it will confirm what a bunch of crooked cunts the FA are.

Evans disgusted me tonight trying to get our players sent off. Devera had a great game tonight as well as Foderingham Macca & Rooney.

Cox impressed me tonight and he harried the Crawley players of the ball and made some neat passes too.  Will be key in our run up to the season and so many games so close together

Special mention to the Ref for being a complete bottling cunt and not sending Davis off even though he was the last man
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 23:01:59 by RJack » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 23:00:35 »

Thats what I said to my mate at the game. Fucking horrible to watch and a disgrace to football. also a bit like Notts Co under Warnock, they were a bunch of cunts as well.
The good thing is that football won today.  
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 23:02:13 »

The only thing about that challenge on Bodin was that it was so far out it would be very difficult for him to score from there. That said he would have been clean through had he not been taken down. As a ref how do you call it? Letter of the law says red but realistically it wasn't an out and out goalscoring chance.
One on one from the half way line - I'd call that a great chance.
Flashheart

« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 23:03:49 »

MOM was McCormack but Devera could not have been far behind. In fact I wouldn't shift him for a fit Flint.

Great to hear that

Nothing against flint. Just so good to know we have options.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 23:03:49 »

Reporting us for what?!

Can only think it was for celebrating right in Jabba's face.

A fine and a warning about future conduct would be fair enough and worth every fucking penny.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 23:05:54 »

Can only think it was for celebrating right in Jabba's face.

A fine and a warning about future conduct would be fair enough and worth every fucking penny.

Yeah but this is the FA they make examples of teams like us so more likely they'll deduct us points the crooked cunts
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: