Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southend Vs Swindon - Official matchday thread.  (Read 46763 times)
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 14:29:27 »

Rooney, massive signing for us, brilliant player

The one I was most surprised with was Risser, I have been one of his biggest critics, while I don't get on his back as I can see he's trying and it's the wrong thing to do, i felt like he has been shite for large parts of this season. He was class last night and I felt pleased for him when the fans chanted his name as he was taken off, he seemed chuffed.

So nice to hear Risser's name getting chanted. He must be so chuffed with that, and rightly so, given the amount of stick he's been having. Glad to hear he played well again, third game in a row. (Although different interpretations have been made even in his last 3 games)

Can I get more on Rooney?

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 14:42:36 »

They had all the luck today, things happening for them that were happening to us in our brilliant run.... If only the ball bounced a bit nicer like it did for them. Could have quite easily been 4-4.

Cheesy
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 14:51:48 »

Best time was before the Rotherham home game. 22:1 the town were for the title. Went down to 18:1 when we won that and that's when I stuck mine on. Ladbrokes get ready with my wedge. Cheesy

Took it at 2.92 on Betfair this morning. Still good value, albeit not a patch on 22.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 15:40:00 »

great night, i love roots hall.

foderingham - solid, a couple of miscommunications with back 4 but very good all round display, didnt stand a chance with goal.

back 4 - all very very good against a masiive southend forward line in typical sturrock style, peppering crosses and long balls all night, devera was excellent and him and mccormack looked very assured.

midfield - risser and smith were both brilliantly physical, ritchie was a constant threat and rooney hustled and bustled but looked the worse of the 4, he wasnt bad or anything just the other 3 were ace, he will def come good and the corners he took were ace.

benson was brilliant, won everything and the ball stuck to him, him and murray in the 1st half were superb, both very intelligent players, murray was so unlucky hitting the post, bodin was also excellent, the chance to set up benson was a sublime bit of skill by billy, he is going to become a fantastic player for us.

southend defensively were a joke, the goalie was like a shit talia, timlin should have been sent off twice. timlin going was good as he is not good enough to get on our benchy let alone our first team.

di canio is mental.

good support too.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 15:45:47 »

Nice to hear you're back at games, done any homes?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 16:11:03 »

A few random thoughts on last night.

Apart from a slightly dodgy clearance that lead to their goal, a beauty of a hit by the way, that was the strongest defensive performance I have seen from Kennedy.  I think he had been told to keep an eye on Ryan Hall who by all accounts has had a very good season on the right side of their midfield.  Well Kennedy had him in his pocket for most of the match, he had more of defensive mentality last night but it paid dividends.

Benson was immense, everytime the ball went into to him it stuck and he laid it off accordingly.  He worked his socks off, great movement and deserved either the overhead in the first half or volley late on to go in.  He has joined Ferry, Ritchie, Caddis, etc as the most important players in our team.

First ive seen of Bodin since he returned from Torquay and he looks a different player, superb close control and has developed the confidence to successfully pull off nice flicks.  The role just behind Benson worked quite well.

That performance/result is made all the better by the fact that Southend generally didn’t play that badly I thought, yea the defence looked shaky at time but by the time they conceded the 2nd they had to commit more to an attacking state of mind.

I still can’t work out how they didn’t have a man sent off, Timlin in particular, i lost count of the amount of reckless challenges especially in the last 10 mins.

Most satisfying away game I’ve seen since Saints a couple of years ago.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 18:22:49 »

Just watched the Billy Bodin video on World, he looks well chuffed.

If any of you watch it, is it me or is he being interviewed by the tallest man in the world?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 18:23:26 »

And he has deserved it with his recent performances. It will be interesting to see how Paolo integrates Cox into the midfield, if he settles in quickly it will at least enable us to rotate the four of them during this period of heavily congested fixtures.
Ian Longden suggested on the radio last night that we might be seeing Ferry and Cox at home and Risser and Smith away. Don't know how likely that is, interesting idea though.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 18:40:48 »

Rooney,

My PersonaL opinion after last night is:

Fitness lacking big time! It will come as long as he wants it? Spent to much time whinging. I sat with the Sarfend lot and it was noticeable. I remember somebody having a word when he wanted treatment! He didn't get it!! The boy has got talent, thats for sure. Luke just needs to MAN up a little
adje

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 18:49:43 »

Speaking of Timlin, although he put in a couple of dodgy challenges during the game and clearly wanted to prove a point against us, fair play to him for coming over to clap the Town fans at the end of the game.

Yeah I noticed that-nice touch,but he was always the first to acknowledge the fans when he was with us.Our back line was superb last night especially McCormack-MOTM for me.A centre half with power AND the ability to play the ball from the back.Great performances from everyone apart from Rooney who was just good!Bodin's performance more than justified Di Canio's faith in him,great skill to produce the cross from which Benson almost made it 5.Kennedy's 45 yard ball to Ritchie just before Bodin's goal was the pass of the night.All told a cracking night but oh what a poor set of home fans!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Barry Scott

« Reply #565 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 18:54:09 »

Rooney,

My PersonaL opinion after last night is:

Fitness lacking big time! It will come as long as he wants it? Spent to much time whinging. I sat with the Sarfend lot and it was noticeable. I remember somebody having a word when he wanted treatment! He didn't get it!! The boy has got talent, thats for sure. Luke just needs to MAN up a little

What? Sense make?

I think you're a gills fan, you've only ever commented on gills related crap.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 19:00:12 »

Didnt go but very impressive all round.

Well done to all of you who did go.

This result will have echoed throughout the league and all the way to Portugal where crawley are having a break.

roll on Burton!

Clems Army!
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 19:01:49 »

Been a red probably longer than you?! Just passing on my point of view thats all. Dont think I am too far off the mark either. :
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 20:30:19 »

Rooney's a massive signing because his delivery is brilliant and far better than De Vita's, the opposition are now worried about both sides of the pitch and not just the right...which in theory should make Caddis and Ritchie's job a lot easier. Judging by last night it already has
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 22:33:31 »

I see Sturrock has said that was the worst Southend performance he's seen since he's been in charge.

Well,we've done some sort of double, as when we won 2-0 at the CG, he was saying similar things saying that a number of players have played her last games for him, after their abject performance.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: