Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southend Vs Swindon - Official matchday thread.  (Read 47810 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 23:21:56 »

Best away day since charlton, that was fantastic. Played them off the park, and how about Bodin Ferry and De Vita as the players we can bring off the bench? Squad looking very strong.

Take note Crawley and Cheltenham, you're next.
Barry Scott

« Reply #511 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 23:22:38 »

I'm absolutely fucking ecstatic. The comments from di Canio, the Southend fans and being in the auto places makes me feel fucking great and super confident.

I've no doubt this team with this management and the mentality he's instilled would batter the league above. I don't want this to end.

This setup has so much potential and I haven't felt this good about Swindon possibly ever. Let's keep shit together for at least a decade, because we're on the verge of something very special and I'm convinced more than a few could become the stuff of legend.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 23:25:29 »

I like this quote:

Summary men against boys. The good news is we don't have to play Swindon again, and we are not able to beat the top sides. Swindon, by far the best team in the league that I have seen, kept going, Oh and Luggy were not settling for four, but were trying for more goals.

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 23:34:26 »

Paolo must be a shoe-in for manager of the month now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 23:53:08 »

Paolo must be a shoe-in for manager of the month now.

I'd rather he didnt!

As I said in another thread, well hats off to everyone at the club. The change from top to bottom from a short space of time has been fantastic.

We're a different club, we've got our balls back. We dont give up and give in on or off the field. We work hard, we grit our teeth and we just get on longer, harder, faster and stronger than everyone else because thats what we fucking do.

Good times.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 23:53:42 »

35 pages?! I'm going to have fun reading through this! Here goes...
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 00:21:33 »

jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 00:21:49 »

I have a Southend fan who i follow on twitter & he said the first half performance was the best he has seen from  an away side at roots Hall in years.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 00:31:10 »

Just back and feeling very tired. Definitely worth the hassle of all the traffic and roadworks.

Brilliant performance but then Southend were the worst side we've played since Barnet at the CG. It was just a shame Timlin managed to stay on the pitch!

We really are going up as fucking champions!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 00:36:41 »

Wasn't really sure whether to go or not tonight after shelling out for Leicester, but decided late on that I'd go and boy was that the right decision!

It really was a good game of football, action packed throughout. We started very well - Murray jinking inside and crashing a great shot off the post, before Ritchie arrived from the other flank to hit a strong shot into the bottomw corner. What a start! Then just minutes later we made the most of a set piece, with a cracking ball to the back post knocked down into a crowd of players, with Smith on hand to turn it home.

Then it went quiet. The game slowed a bit and Southend showed a bit more class, creatign a few opportunities. In the end, though, they got back into it with a goal out of nothing - a shot swept towards the bottom corner from distance somehow get round Foderingham and went in off the post. But not to worry, as Town went straight back on the attack. Our balls into the box all night were superb, particularly from set pieces, and Devera rose unmarked to head home and make it 3-1. The only regret was that the shot which won the corner didn't go in - an incredible overhead kick from Benson which was tipped over by the keeper.

An unbelievable scoreline at half time. Second half we didn't create the same number of chances, but Bodin took his goal well, being in the right place at the right time to knock home after Ritchie's cross was poorly pushed away by the keeper. And Bodin kept threatening - late on he made a burst towards the area, chipping across goal for benson who should probably have made it 5 on the volley, but he blasted it narrowly over.

All in all a strong showing from Town. Southend were good in spells, but really did fall apart at the back at times, with Murray, Benson and Bodin all getting into dangerous positions, often from simple balls. I can't really fault anybody tonight - just thought the whole team played very well against a physical Southend side who have some good players.

Great celebrations at the end, with Paolo bringing the whole team over before taking his position facing them to applaud them for their efforts. Those who say he's an attention-seeker and that it's all about him really do have no idea.

Oh, and although the crowd wasn't particularly huge tonight, fair play to those home fans who kept singing at 4-1 down! A credit to their club.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 00:58:38 »

A few more quotes to enjoy. Forgive me if I've repeated any that were already mentioned!

Give Swindon some credit, their midfield in particualr were excellent, Benson played the targetman role extremely well. Sad to say Alan McCormack was probably the best defender on the pitch tonight. Remarkable transformation. Will be a very good team that finishes above them.

Swindon are going up as Champions and its between us creepy and Cheltenham who joins them. Swindon never really had to get out of third gear and the only time they stepped up was when we pulled it back to 2.1

Full credit to Swindon. They oozed class for this level and were obviously so well drilled. The look like a Di Canio side, not afraid to try things, inventive and free. They also weren't afraid of a little play acting when they wanted to but they're the best side in this league and i''ll think they'll win it with games to spare.

Swindon, best team I've seen all season and on that showing will win the league.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #521 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 01:31:52 »

Ha, that was a good match thread, just read from start to finish. Had the beeb match thread on the pc at work to keep an eye on the score, couldn't believe it.

Superb result, looking forward to Saturday even more now Wink
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 01:47:45 »

Just got home. Fucking long way but worth every second.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 02:17:49 »

We were very very good.we will win this league by 10 points
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 07:32:09 »

We don't play like that every week Mex :-)  Just most.

Welcome back to the fold mate.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: