Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southend Vs Swindon - Official matchday thread.  (Read 47078 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:23:42 »

He was over the moon by the reception he got.

And he has deserved it with his recent performances. It will be interesting to see how Paolo integrates Cox into the midfield, if he settles in quickly it will at least enable us to rotate the four of them during this period of heavily congested fixtures.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:28:21 »

Crawley   7/4   
Swindon   15/8   
Southend   15/2   
Cheltenham   8   
Shrewsbury   8     

Cheers, Cheltenham 8/1?

The 10/1 I got at the beginning of the season is looking pretty tasty now Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:37:01 »

And he has deserved it with his recent performances. It will be interesting to see how Paolo integrates Cox into the midfield, if he settles in quickly it will at least enable us to rotate the four of them during this period of heavily congested fixtures.

Pleased for him
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:45:37 »

I checked the odds after the game last night, for promotion (rather then outright) we were odds on.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:51:35 »

From what I've read about his appaling (un-Risser-ble - sorry) treatment in Town, I really hope the fans get behind him now. I'd love to hear his name chanted etc.

Could be one of them rags to riches, Roy of the Rovers, Beckamesque roads to redemption
Devizes_Red

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 11:05:35 »

From listening to the wireless last night it sounded like everyone, management, players & fans done the club proud last night.  Special mention to those that went to Roots Hall last night, you sounded very impressive coming through on the airwaves.

I was gutted that I didnt make the trip last night but I was fucking delighted with that massive result.  What pleases me most is the strength in depth that we now have.  As someone mentioned earlier, the fact that we have the likes of Bodin, Ferry & RDV coming off the bench is very impressive.

FORZA SWINDON!
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 11:21:15 »

Cracking result and day out.
Was fucking cold though, and Jacko fell out the taxi and smashed his nose up

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 11:29:54 »

I still have man-love for Paolo

I come from a land down-under
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 11:50:41 »

We will piss the league now. Hope plenty of you lumped on in august. What a side we have and the club is buzzing. Enjoy it folks

Best time was before the Rotherham home game. 22:1 the town were for the title. Went down to 18:1 when we won that and that's when I stuck mine on. Ladbrokes get ready with my wedge. Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:15:10 »

Sturrock's viewpoint

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/9504190.Sturrock_fumes_at_Swindon_defeat/r/?ref=rss

“That was the poorest performance I’ve been involved with here since coming to the football club,’ said Sturrock.

“We were slow, sluggish and lethargic and you just can’t afford to be like that against a team like Swindon.

“They’ve been playing Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday while we’ve had a bit of rest but it was hard to tell which team was supposed to be fresh out there.

“We were poor at the back and gave away some bad goals. The midfield was chasing shadows and the front two didn’t do their jobs so we were poor all over.

“I’d also like to think the goalkeeper would hold his hands up for a couple of the goals and we now need a reaction when we go to Plymouth this weekend.”

So apart from the keeper, defence, midfield and forwards they were OK.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:18:10 »

In fairness, the ball boys did a cracking job.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:35:51 »

And while their midfield might have been lacking in skill, their fans certainly had some flare.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:02:00 »

And while their midfield might have been lacking in skill, their fans certainly had some flare.

I guess that was their attempt at creating an atmosphere. Apart from that it was like being in a morgue...

Unlike the away end - I'm still hoarse from all the signing and shouting.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:40:55 »

Sturrock's viewpoint

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/9504190.Sturrock_fumes_at_Swindon_defeat/r/?ref=rss

So apart from the keeper, defence, midfield and forwards they were OK.

And his dodgy tactics.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 14:22:25 »

Brilliant night,

Foderingham was as solid as ever
Kennedy was kind of at fault for the goal shanking a chance to clear, but apart from that his distribution was quality and didn't put a foot wrong
Devera is massively improved in recent weeks and played well
Ritchie, McCormick and Caddis, top class performances which we have come to expect
Smith did well, won tackles where needed
Murray, did well until taken off but right sub to make
Benson, won every header, possibly best performance so far in a red shirt
Rooney, massive signing for us, brilliant player

Billy Bodin's touch and his feet are unbelievable, so glad we didn't let him go, took his chance well, as easy as it was.

The one I was most surprised with was Risser, I have been one of his biggest critics, while I don't get on his back as I can see he's trying and it's the wrong thing to do, i felt like he has been shite for large parts of this season. He was class last night and I felt pleased for him when the fans chanted his name as he was taken off, he seemed chuffed.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: