Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Re-development  (Read 29253 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 08:52:24 »

In his first 2 posts Red Sheldon gives us some interesting information and makes sense?  I call imposter!  He can't be part of the TEF with sensible posts like that, nobody has even called him a cunt yet?

The security on this site is getting worse, it's got to be Rikki Hunt, Mike Diawanker or Wee Willy Carson in disguise or something.

Welcome to the site RS!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 08:55:57 »

The point is Batch, the decision makers, have proved themselves not to be figures motivated by civic altruism.

It's too early in the day Reg to be reading words like this!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 10:23:10 »

The point is Batch, the decision makers, have proved themselves not to be figures motivated by civic altruism.

Very true.

Lets hope they've changed. Surely they can't keep failing to progress Swindon as a town.

The new retail development on the old college site seems a good idea, perhaps they are finally getting round to doing something for the good of the town. Plus, hopefully we are free from having shitty boards that constantly mess them around.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 10:33:27 »

I think the only stumbling block we might encounter with the re-devlopemnt will be SBC, I have lots of confidence with this board, and the good things they have done with club.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 13:36:36 »

I'll believe it when I see it  Smiley

I'll see it when I believe it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 13:53:27 »

In his first 2 posts Red Sheldon gives us some interesting information and makes sense?  I call imposter!  He can't be part of the TEF with sensible posts like that, nobody has even called him a cunt yet?

It's OK

I'm sure he is well aware of the plans to have a moat, trebuchet and lasers incorporated within the plans, only it's such common knowledge he probably didn't think it necessary to mention anything
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 14:14:46 by Flashheart » Logged
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 14:12:56 »

They could get around the Stratton bank space thing, by moving the pitch partly into the car park, so the new Stratton Bank stand would be further away from the houses.

Having said that, I like the CG as it is, so I hope it never happens
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 17:27:58 »

In his first 2 posts Red Sheldon gives us some interesting information and makes sense?  I call imposter!  He can't be part of the TEF with sensible posts like that, nobody has even called him a cunt yet?

The security on this site is getting worse, it's got to be Rikki Hunt, Mike Diawanker or Wee Willy Carson in disguise or something.

Welcome to the site RS!

It is my mission in life to sprinkle my little pearls of wisdom and knowledge to my ever loving fans....

But going on from Nice Bloke's point about not moving the pitch down to increase the size of the bank,it set me thinking.  Just imagine 3 years in the future the first game of the season, we're in the championship ( well all three year plans have to work don't they).  The ground is now finished its a beautiful August day etc etc.   The lovely new Town End capacity 4-500, flash North Stand 7-8000, Don Rogers holds 5000 ( I think) and the Bank which might squeeze 3,000 in with a low roof on it.

The question is where do you put the away fans??  In the Championship you'd hope for 3,000 plus maybe 4-6 times a season , do you put them in the bank, which would generate loads of noise, put them in the Town end  to increase potential revenue.  Give them half of the North Stand, although the sides are far more popular with home fans than either of the ends.  Thoughts please..

Yes thats right I'm Nick Watkins and this is my lazy way of doing market research

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 17:38:02 »

Bank which might squeeze 3,000 in with a low roof on it.
Surely the Bank will be knocked down and they will start again, no messing about putting a roof on it. It's awful.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 17:48:57 »

I think the height will be restricted because of the houses behind so they will probably knock it down but the roof will need to be quite low not to affect their light

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 20:12:01 »

Ref the covenant if the club purchased the ground from the council which I beleive is their preferred option and the council are open to the idea then they would be looking to buy out the covenant from the goddards estate.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 20:42:11 »

Ref the height of the Bank, why not dig the pitch out and gain 'height' by going down?
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 20:53:16 »

Ref the height of the Bank, why not dig the pitch out and gain 'height' by going down?

I expect drainage would be a nightmare
fatbasher

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 22:52:49 »

I think the height will be restricted because of the houses behind so they will probably knock it down but the roof will need to be quite low not to affect their light

It won't effect their light. The sun Shines from the South, which for those of you geographically challenged is behind their properties ie. from the coatewater end. Now if you had a house behind the Arkells stand you'd be well buggered if you intended to get a tan in your back garden nest pas?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 02:37:47 »

It won't effect their light. The sun Shines from the South, which for those of you geographically challenged is behind their properties ie. from the coatewater end. Now if you had a house behind the Arkells stand you'd be well buggered if you intended to get a tan in your back garden nest pas*?

I am geographically challenged, i haven't lived in swindon for about 27 years - even then it was as a five year old for three months.

More often than not I do not even live in the UK now, though when i am around i go to as many games as possible - 95% i would estimate.

I don't really know where Coate Water is in respect to each stand as i live 60 miles away, so from a personal perspective I would really appreciate some sort of explaination as to how external factors such as sunlight would/could effect those around the CG

Also as an aside, I live in France when I'm not at home so... it's 'n'est–ce pas'

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: