Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Re-development  (Read 29426 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:43:54 »

Nah, don't buy it.

If it's two tiers that means you can fill up an entire tier, where as if it was the same as say, Walsall's stand behind their goal, you'd just end up with loads of people spread out.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:48:24 »

Nah, don't buy it.

If it's two tiers that means you can fill up an entire tier, where as if it was the same as say, Walsall's stand behind their goal, you'd just end up with loads of people spread out.

Agreed. You want to be able to plan for the future but at the same time don't want a white elephant a la Darlington.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:51:51 »

I don't think the board are that short-sighted to induce a Darlington-style fuck up, any development will be within means and sensible.

Benzel has it bang on, if its not gonna be a big gate, you don't open one of the tiers.

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 09:58:26 »

It could be worse, we could end up with a soul less, unfinished, 32k capacity stadium full of plastic wankers.

Franchise i'm looking at you
nochee

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:01:57 »

I don't think the board are that short-sighted to induce a Darlington-style fuck up, any development will be within means and sensible.

Benzel has it bang on, if its not gonna be a big gate, you don't open one of the tiers.

Let's remember that we have a limited fanbase. Open up a stand that is too big behind the goal and we might drain everyone from the side stands. We want people around the whole ground, not all congregated behind the goal. Like I said before, it's all about balance.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:10:11 »

Let's remember that we have a limited fanbase. Open up a stand that is too big behind the goal and we might drain everyone from the side stands. We want people around the whole ground, not all congregated behind the goal. Like I said before, it's all about balance.

I can only see us extending the ground to 18k-22k, so just because it is double tiered doesn't mean it will be enormous.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:15:56 »

We might end up with a 2 tier stand similar to Southend  Tongue Out
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:19:32 »

If the Town End stand will also incoperate the main stadium facilities and become the 'hub', presumably this means this will be where the changing rooms and tunnel will be?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:22:12 »

Swindon behind both goals is a must, keep away fans in the Arkells/Arkells replacement.

Sanchez has it right, convert the Stratton Bank into a smaller, standing up friendly stand (obviously not a terrace) similar to the Town End.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:24:39 »

If the houses behind the SB are an issue, I reckon they ought to build a 5,000 seater perspex stand or build one on 60ft high concrete stilts.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:29:20 »

If the houses behind the SB are an issue, I reckon they ought to build a 5,000 seater perspex stand or build one on 60ft high concrete stilts.

Why not do something similar to the aviva stadium in Ireland?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:09:40 »

A 2 tier Town End would be awful. Especially if most of it is closed off for most games. An improved TE is needed, I agree, but not something that would completely lose the soul of a massive part of our clubs history.
They said exactly the same thing at Carrow Road and both stands behind the goals - in fact doing something to the Barclays end was tantamount to treason.  From what I've seen of it, the ground seems ideal.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:15:00 »

I think that  once the ground is finished we should look at giving the town end over to the away fans,  currently the sides are a lot more popular with home fans, a nice compact Bank that could generate some noise from the home fans and the increased revenue of a larger number of away fans that could be accommodated in the new stand that teams in the championship bring to help generate additional revenue

walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:16:37 »

I think that  once the ground is finished we should look at giving the town end over to the away fans,  currently the sides are a lot more popular with home fans, a nice compact Bank that could generate some noise from the home fans and the increased revenue of a larger number of away fans that could be accommodated in the new stand that teams in the championship bring to help generate additional revenue

It wouldn't feel right though, for me the Town End is for home fans and has been for as long I can remember.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:30:44 »

The Stratton bank should be kept for a away fans only - that way every stand will have fans in regardless of the crowd size. I don't like seeing an empty stand behind the goal, it looks even worse on t.v espeially if there is a decent attendance but the crowd looks small because of the empty bank.

I'd also like the town end to be 2 tier, the singer's would use the bottom tier & the others who want the decent view behind the goal would use the top tier
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: