Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27266 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:23:25 »

City havent been relegated yet dell..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:24:15 »

Thats four division one sides beaten this season (3 away), plus Huddersfield hammered at home.
Regarding the third round anyone at home please, from Conference, League Two/One.

[pedant]Bristol City are Championship[/pedant]

It's all good though. Very good in fact  Cool

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:24:31 »

Thats four division one sides beaten this season (3 away), plus Huddersfield hammered at home.
Regarding the third round anyone at home please, from Conference, League Two/One.

post more often Dell boy!
dell returns

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:26:54 »

Then it gets even better, City two divisions above us, that hurts a bit when you sit back and think about it.

You know me with stats, say no more.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:28:00 »

Then it gets even better, City two divisions above us, that hurts a bit when you sit back and think about it.

You know me with stats, say no more.

Not for much longer Cool
Spencer_White

« Reply #185 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:49:12 »

We will have to get promoted though. This manager from St Johnstone looks quality for them.

Millen did look like Tin Man part 2.

Im sure its been discussed but their losses are huge. If its not this year, then max 2 more in the Championship. Unsustainable.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:53:12 »

Yep. These cup runs are all well and good but we need to get out of L2.

Won't stop us from more than enjoying these little scalps though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:56:00 »

Great day out today! I only decided to go at around 12.40pm. Set off from Oxford Circus at 1pm, got the train and got to the ground for 2.45pm - earlier than I expected.

We went at them from the off, creating a chance in the first minute which was finished poorly by somebody or other - a weak header into the keeper's arms. We struggled to keep possession at times in the first half, but were the only team creating chances. First, Flint hit the bar when he perhaps could have done better, and the rebound fell to a town player whose effort was cleared off the line. Then minutes later Ritchie was played through. The keeper came chariging off his line and Ritchie rounded him with ease, but in doing so took the ball too far wide and could only shoot into the side netting. Ritchie's other contributions to the half were also underwhelming - a few poor crosses over everyone's head and a pathetic dive in the box. The effort was there though, and he was doing well against their RB.

In the second half the same pattern resumed. We didn't keep the ball as well as might have done but we still created openings. Plenty of balls across the box which nobody got on the end of - their full backs were being shown up big time. Eventually though, Ritchie hassled their RB and blocked his clearance, before running into the area, sidestepping one or two challenges and firing into the corner. I think the keeper got something on it but he was never keeping that one out!! More chances fell to Flint and Murray, and more balls were fired across the face of goal, but we couldn't grab a second. Colchester almost stole something late on but a good move ended in a weak header which our Wes did well to take low to his left.

All in all a very satisfying day out. Colchester were poor if truth be told, but we played very well. McCormack absolutely dominated in the first half, and nothing got past Aden Flint all day. The substitutions were a little strange, but it's come to a point where you just can't justify questioning PDC.

There were very few down points today, but I'll mention two small things. First, Risser. I don't want to get on his back, and I'm not going to shout abuse at him during games, but he wasted possession frequently today. I still hope he'll prove us all wrong though! Secondly, and much more worrying, the behaviour of some of our fans was not just disappointing but actually completely demoralising. Yes, our fans were quiet in the first half, but that's because the game was quite dull, not because they're too busy muching on their 'prawn sandwiches'. Those who were criticising our fans today, openly and loudly, should be ashamed. The atmosphere wasn;t great but to actually start ruining fellow Town fans' chants with childish jeering is pathetic. It wasn't Crispy, but it was some of the people he was with. Thankfully, in the second half there was a bit less of that and a lot more chating of actual Swindon songs which people knew and could join in with, and for that reason (and the win) I went home happy!

Overall a good result, even if Colchester were poor. We defended brilliantly. Wes will be credited with the clean sheet but the 10 men in front of him deserve as much credit for keeping Colchester at arms length all afternoon.

As for the 3rd round, I hope we get somebody crap who we can beat and get into the 4th round... I can't make 3rd round weekend, so a big tie would be gutting!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:57:36 »

Yep. These cup runs are all well and good but we need to get out of L2.

Won't stop us from more than enjoying these little scalps though.

Indeed.

Lets get out of L2 and tear L1 apart next season.

Easy Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 20:50:59 »

What a quiet souless place that was.

Was so comfortable. If their last shot would have gone in it would have felt like a loss.
We were by far the best side. Any neutral would have said SWindon were from a higher division.

Nothing more to add other than great to see OST again after a few years and looking forward cto Newcastle away  Clap

Loving the Di Canio circus just gets better and better..........but lets get out of this division.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 20:55:51 »

Newcastle United or Sunderland away.

Please?

I'm with you all the way.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 20:56:04 »

Got home at about 8 pm. Longer drive than you imagine. Great turn out by us, shit home support.

Too tired to post my thoughts about the game tonight.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 20:58:52 »

Any mention of the Kerrouche sub incident on the radio, was Paolo asked post match?

No sign of injury, can only guess it was lack of effort. Paolo looked livid on the touch line, turned his back as Kerrouche came off then just pointed for him to sit down. Really hope he doesn't go the same way as Timlin and Leon Clarke.

Good performance all round. Looked a bit light in midfield and resorted to a few long balls at the start, but Risser improved as the game went on. The defence dealt with everything flung at them, Wes had nothing to do until the last minute.

Ritchie was getting so much stick from the supporters' coach crew, completely unwarranted. He may have been a little under par the last few games, but we don't have anyone else who can turn it on and win a match like that.

Having never seen Swindon get past the 3rd round, is this finally our year for a cup run? Home to anyone in the next round please.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 20:59:26 »

I rule.  Cool

I wish I had gone a step further and said I could not see us not winning because that is how I actually felt. Quite rightly as it happens.

That was totally and utterly deserved. We created 6 or 7 great opportunities including the goal - and what a goal it was - they had one attempt on target in about the 93rd minute.

Well done boys. Very well done. What a great team.

Good to see you again. Home game for you this one........
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 21:01:00 »

Just back couple of points    1, we do not want a souless new ground like that where all the sound filters out the end of each stand none of which were filled in. 2. colchester were shockingly one dimensional hoofing to their big striker and playing a high line were frequently getting done by our forwards 3. Missed Ferry but whole team worked hard we should have won 3 or 4 nil  4. Another boss goal from Ritchie..... bring on a Premier League  team in R3 at the Ground Ground

ewsham Robin
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: