Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27107 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 17:28:38 »

10.45 on ITV tpnight.

Cheers.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 17:32:47 »

Can't see us losing.

I rule.  Cool

I wish I had gone a step further and said I could not see us not winning because that is how I actually felt. Quite rightly as it happens.

That was totally and utterly deserved. We created 6 or 7 great opportunities including the goal - and what a goal it was - they had one attempt on target in about the 93rd minute.

Well done boys. Very well done. What a great team.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:11:56 »

I am so happy.  We're back.

Damn right.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
nochee

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:12:10 »

Arriba is having trouble logging on to the site. Can a mod help him out please.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:17:57 »

Feels like we will give anyone a game. Teams have to prove they are good enough to beat us, reputations count for nothing. Thats what its supposed to be like.

Is this not Macari-esq team mentality - or was I too young and naive and thought we could beat anyone back then (and to be honest we did quite a lot)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:18:48 »

Clique!

Wink
Barry Scott

« Reply #171 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:27:27 »

Should be sorted now.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:31:19 »

Is this not Macari-esq team mentality - or was I too young and naive and thought we could beat anyone back then (and to be honest we did quite a lot)

Very very similar, in the fact we expected to win most if not every game, the footballs better now though Smiley
nochee

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:34:22 »

Clique!

Wink

Back off, its our's  Smiley
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:42:50 »

I agree we did it with hoofball and fitness with Lou and now is much more stylish I must say.

I hope that twat Rose is happy now!!!!!

Well done lads - bring on the scum - hey are already OUT - guess Arsenal or Spurs will have to do!

gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:55:38 »

Colchester were an embarrassment to league 1 today - we played them off the park. You could have been excused of thinking we were 2 leagues above them.

Don't want to put any negatives on this thread but Risser is miles behind the rest of the team in terms of quality.  With Ferry today it could have been 5 or 6.

Great win.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 18:59:29 »

Colchester were an embarrassment to league 1 today - we played them off the park. You could have been excused of thinking we were 2 leagues above them.

Don't want to put any negatives on this thread but Risser is miles behind the rest of the team in terms of quality.  With Ferry today it could have been 5 or 6.

Great win.

In fairness, it could/should have been 5 or 6 any way!
STFCDude3

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:11:29 »

I went to the game today (I live in Essex) and I must say that Matt Ritchie was by far the best player on the park today.  As for Risser, he made some good tackles, but gave the ball away far too cheaply, and does seem to not be able to read the game as quick as the players around him.  Maybe in time he will improve, but as it stands at the moment, he shouldn't be in a promotion-chasing team.

kerrouche was a bit of a strange one today.  Didn't really get into the game, but neither did Magera (who really really needs to learn how to jump), so to sub him off after 25 minutes was strange.  But it all worked out in the end Smiley

Colchester were absolutely appalling today.  Flint had their main striker in his pocket for most of the match, and Colchester's tactics seemed to be to hoof it up to their centre forward (who was a tall, well built guy) and hope he can hold it up.  So Flint had that in control Smiley

In summary, a great win for the Town, who could and should have won by a more comfortable margin, especially as we nearly threw it away at the end, only for our 'keeper to save well in the 93rd minute.  And that was pretty much the only save he had to make all game.

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:13:41 »

Thanks nochee and barry
dell returns

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 19:20:22 »

Thats four division one sides beaten this season (3 away), plus Huddersfield hammered at home.
Regarding the third round anyone at home please, from Conference, League Two/One.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: