Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Ferry  (Read 15270 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #60 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:44:57 »

Of all the players last season, who could be described as utter rubbish, I don't believe a man who barely played, and was almost completely overlooked, could be considered one of them. I also don't recall him looking utter rubbish at the start of this season, in fact quite the opposite (when he got his chance), but each to their own. Smiley

My point was merely in disagreement with you saying he could do more off the ball. Off the ball, in my opinion, is Ferry's game, it's what makes him brilliant.

Regardless, we seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet at the moment. Cheesy
When Ferry did play last season he was bollox but no more or less bollox than others. The difference being i suppose that Douglas and Prutton were not going to get any better but Ferry could. Ferry wasn't very good in the his first couple of games this season but he's looking the real deal now and long may it continue. We've now got the player we pit money down for.,
If I had to pick a POY so far I'd go for McCormack - a very steadying influence.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:46:44 »

In your opinion, who's our best player at the moment then Arriba? Flint, Caddis, McCormack?

Richie is the most talented player i think. Hard to pick our best player and i don't think 1 in particular stands out alone.
Ferry, to be fair will be right up there if he continues his form.
Barry Scott

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:51:24 »

I think Caddis has been our best player. It's a toss up for me with McCormack, simply because he's been a revelation at centre half and small enough to make Cannavaro look statuesque!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:58:52 »

Lost it at the start of October. Superb.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 20:06:09 »

Happened right in front of me and it looked like he feigned it to me.

He may not have been out, but it was a nasty hit. I did have the benefit of several tv angles though
Spencer_White

« Reply #65 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 12:04:18 »

The picture of Ferry and Ritchie after the 4th goal on the official site is pure aceness. Thats what players should look like after their team mates score.
Dozno9

« Reply #66 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 12:58:24 »

Seriously, WTF is that hair about?

[url width=640 height=480]http://i.imgur.com/XKbTP.jpg[/url]

edit: Having thought about it I might be jealous because I dont have any.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 14, 2011, 14:47:16 by Dozno9 » Logged
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 14:44:37 »

I had that look when I was in Primary School. It goes by the name of 'the wedge cut'.  Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 02:06:49 »

I think he'll just get better now he has his confidence back. He tore Huddersfield apart when they tired, he was full on sprinting until the whistle.

Maybe the OTT pre-season had something to do with it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 07:42:20 »

I was wondering the other day how many players, once the season ends, will think twice about getting too unfit in the close season, with an eye on a hellish pre-season and ensuring it's a bit easier by remaining super-fit.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 08:53:13 »

I've noticed a bit of a pattern forming in our games and not sure of there is any link but it just seems to me that when they announce the attendance we suddenly pick up the pace and start passing the ball a lot quicker.

Not sure if its a game plan or whether its the opposition dropping off but its noticeable...

On Ferry's fitness, when he first arrived he was capable of running at full pace for the full 90 minutes and I remember an interview they had after one game where he had got the MOM and he said something like (in a broad scots accent) "I just run about a lot, the gaffer says all I do is run and pass, so run and pass is what I do, its good fun and l love running about all over the park and thats all I did today"

He's back to his best
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 09:42:53 by @MacPhlea » Logged
skay

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 18:16:30 »

to the tune of brumful of asha

his name is simon ferry and he loves the town
his name is simon ferry and he loves the town
everybody needs a nutter in the middle, everybody needs a nutter
everybody needs a nutter in the middle, everybody needs a nutter

newcastle had the same with joey barton i think but i reckon it could work!
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 18:41:46 »

Someone has asked Gary Rose on twitter if there's any truth in the rumour that Ferry had signed for the Slave Traders. Bit out of left field.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 18:42:08 »

Clearly bollocks obviously.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 18:43:05 »

Hahahahaha don't be ridiculous, that's just Tails pissing about on Twitter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: