Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Ferry  (Read 15527 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 17:30:50 »

[Bart] he is only playing so well as he wants a move away, too lightweoght for this level [/bart]
Spencer_White

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 17:38:31 »

Ferry most definitely has a 'football brain'. He spots passes most players cant.

He was covering the ground very quickly yesterday. Especially for the 3rd and 4th goals at the end of the game. Says to me the lad is in prime condition.

Getting worried he might walk for free though.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 17:43:01 »

Getting worried he might walk for free though.

don't worry, he signed a 3 year contract when he signed just over a year ago along with Paul Caddis

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:17:21 »

I disagree with that entirely. Ferry is, in my opinion the best player off the ball we have. If people watch him off the ball they'll notice that when Caddis overlaps, he'll often drop to right back. He does the same at left back and if his midfield partner has bombed on, he'll often sit deep. He's always done this, not so noticeably with Risser yesterday, but he's been doing it with Smith all season. He's also always finding space and making himself available for the ball. Something neither Dougie or Prutton did last season.

A good midfielder will always make himself available for a pass....that dosn't make them special but a good midfielder,he has been outstanding recently but last season and for the first few matches this he was pants.....utter rubbish and lucky not to be on his way.
I still feel he could do more off the ball in a defensive way(like Douglas).....that said he offers miles more going forward.
By far away the best footballer at the club with his passing and runs forward.....but hasnt got the tackling abilities of say Smith.
Long may his revival continue because at the moment he has to be one of the first on the teamsheet.
DRS

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:24:28 »

A good midfielder will always make himself available for a pass....that dosn't make them special but a good midfielder,he has been outstanding recently but last season and for the first few matches this he was pants.....utter rubbish and lucky not to be on his way.
I still feel he could do more off the ball in a defensive way(like Douglas).....that said he offers miles more going forward.
By far away the best footballer at the club with his passing and runs forward.....but hasnt got the tackling abilities of say Smith.
Long may his revival continue because at the moment he has to be one of the first on the teamsheet.
Think that's why he has smith along side him to be honest.Douglas/Smith are better tacklers but Ferry is the better passer of the ball. Be very hard pushed to find a idfielder who is a great tackler and a great passer of the ball.

We did this little stupid thing the last 4 matches where we counted how many times Ferry gave the ball away.In the 4 home games up until Wimbledon on tuesday. He gave the ball away 3 times
Barry Scott

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:27:55 »

but last season and for the first few matches this he was pants.....utter rubbish and lucky not to be on his way.

Of all the players last season, who could be described as utter rubbish, I don't believe a man who barely played, and was almost completely overlooked, could be considered one of them. I also don't recall him looking utter rubbish at the start of this season, in fact quite the opposite (when he got his chance), but each to their own. Smiley

My point was merely in disagreement with you saying he could do more off the ball. Off the ball, in my opinion, is Ferry's game, it's what makes him brilliant.

Regardless, we seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet at the moment. Cheesy
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:29:57 »

Think that's why he has smith along side him to be honest.Douglas/Smith are better tacklers but Ferry is the better passer of the ball. Be very hard pushed to find a idfielder who is a great tackler and a great passer of the ball.

We did this little stupid thing the last 4 matches where we counted how many times Ferry gave the ball away.In the 4 home games up until Wimbledon on tuesday. He gave the ball away 3 times

And long may it continue DRS...............and good to see you back Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:32:29 »

Been a harsh critic of Ferry in the past but yesterday he was different class. He was out on his ear a couple of months ago,how quickly fortunes change eh.
Not our best player currentyl imo, but if he can play well consistantly he would be right up there.
He works his bollocks off,off the ball but his stature goes against him at times and he gets knocked aside. Not his fault though.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:35:48 »

And long may it continue arriba...............and good to see you back Smiley
DRS

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:35:58 »

Been a harsh critic of Ferry in the past but yesterday he was different class. He was out on his ear a couple of months ago,how quickly fortunes change eh.
Not our best player currentyl imo, but if he can play well consistantly he would be right up there.
He works his bollocks off,off the ball but his stature goes against him at times and he gets knocked aside. Not his fault though.
The fact that Ferry probably isn't our best player this season speaks volumes of just how much Dicanio has turned things around. I reckon we have 5/6 players that if we had player of the season tomorow would be in with a chance
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:36:27 »

In your opinion, who's our best player at the moment then Arriba? Flint, Caddis, McCormack?

Cats are better than dogs FACT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:39:38 »

The fact that Ferry probably isn't our best player this season speaks volumes of just how much Dicanio has turned things around. I reckon we have 5/6 players that if we had player of the season tomorow would be in with a chance

So true. Must admit i thought Di canio had lost it until a month or so ago.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:40:07 »

That's a pretty damned good statistic!

So true. Must admit i thought Di canio had lost it until a month or so ago.

Likewise. Though  looking back at league results only August was a terrible month. We've continually improved thereon in. The big squad we have should pay dividends when injury and suspensions come.  My main worry now is that we will be fending off bids for key players come January Smiley
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:43:06 by Batch » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:41:37 »

No the Kennedy one was a nasty clash of heads.

Happened right in front of me and it looked like he feigned it to me.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:44:30 »

In your opinion, who's our best player at the moment then Arriba? Flint, Caddis, McCormack?

Flint for me....McCormack was my MOM yesterday though closely followed by Ferry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: