Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Ferry  (Read 15294 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 22:17:32 »

He did look very composed on the ball in comparison to Risser. Not afraid to take a couple of touches when he had players surrounding him.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 22:20:22 »

I think he deserved man of the match today, but my mate didn't. He raised a good point though. He said Ferry's pretty much always one of the top 3 or 4 players in a game, so whenever a sponsor isn't sure who's man of the match, they can't go far wrong by giving it to him anyway - if in doubt give it to Ferry.

I agree with that. Sometimes he plods along through a game, never giving possession away but sometime not doing anything too spectacular. Kind of like Paul Scholes.
I actually think Kennedy was just as good as him today. Probably have to give it Ferry today though for two assists and a goal alone though.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 22:48:06 »

Definitely needs a song, but something that is Unusual and unorthodox, that will fit his personality. Therefore my suggestion is no limit by 2 unlimited. Simon, Simon ferry, Simon ferry has no limits.

Yes yes it is really really shit
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 22:50:59 »

By far the best player at the club.

Give the boi a contract extension asap.

We all know he is capable of playing top end L1 football - the fact that Wilson and Hart wouldnt play him last season is still well beyond belief.

totally agree, except that i dont suppose he helped himself last season getting out of shape

definite cult hero and really hope he's here for a long time
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 08:52:38 »

Top Boi has certainly added something to his repertoire which is "lung busting runs into the oppoisition box" which he has never been capable of before. Definately benifitted from Paolo's fitness regime and superb yesterday.

Also plaudits should go to Mac & Flint who were also monumental. Finally I would also recognise Connell (who usually has the touch of a rapist) and De-Vita whose touch and link play were brilliant, especially in the 1st half. I thought that yesterday was Connells best game in a town shirt!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 09:03:12 »

totally agree, except that i dont suppose he helped himself last season getting out of shape

definite cult hero and really hope he's here for a long time

I'd still take an out of shape Ferry over Prutton and Douglas.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 09:30:28 »

I'd still take an out of shape Ferry over Prutton and Douglas.

I'd say an in form and motivated Douglas is an asset to any team. Not sure which I'd take out of the two. Unfortunately we had an unmotivated and couldn't be arsed Douglas last season.

If we started a 100 uses for a Prutton thread we'd get stuck on post 1.
===

How close was Ferry to getting bombed out during pre-season, quite the turn around.

We all knew he had the talent from the Wembley year, but 3 managers looked like overlooking him. But he knuckled down and got fit and now he must be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

All hail the Ferry.

He still tackles like a girl sometimes though Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:42:00 »

How close was Ferry to getting bombed out during pre-season, quite the turn around.

We all knew he had the talent from the Wembley year, but 3 managers looked like overlooking him. But he knuckled down and got fit and now he must be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

All hail the Ferry.

I thought he was as good as gone. Fair play to him for knuckling down as you say and fair play to Di Canio for keeping an open mind and giving him a chance  Yes

Would be nice if he could get a proper hair cut though Roll Eyes
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 12:06:39 »

The Duck Sauce song is good

In order to appeal to the older heads I feel we should refer to it as the 'Boney M' song - but yes it is good!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 12:19:06 »

In order to appeal to the older heads I feel we should refer to it as the 'Boney M' song - but yes it is good!

Yeah, although that has lyrics and stuff, I'm not sure the Town End can cope with anything more than 'Simon Ferry'  Smiley

http://gobarbra.com/hit/new-82d8c2fd8a719f7740fda77f5e332483

Barry Scott

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 12:34:08 »

Yeah, although that has lyrics and stuff, I'm not sure the Town End can cope with anything more than 'Simon Ferry'  Smiley

Brilliant. And mental enough to be befitting of the man.

When I've heard it sung, I've been completely unable to work out what it was. I thought it might've been the men behaving badly tune. Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 12:40:27 »

Yeah, although that has lyrics and stuff, I'm not sure the Town End can cope with anything more than 'Simon Ferry'  Smiley

I literally love this Richard.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:18:09 »

I'd say an in form and motivated Douglas is an asset to any team. Not sure which I'd take out of the two. Unfortunately we had an unmotivated and couldn't be arsed Douglas last season.

If we started a 100 uses for a Prutton thread we'd get stuck on post 1.
===

All hail the Ferry.

I'd still take Ferry over Douglas every day of week. Whilst Douglas was far from crap in the year he won player of the year - he wasnt (mostly in hindsight, admittedly) even our best midfielder.

Perhaps - motivation and Prutton played a part but I dont think its co-incidence that Douglas was fucking shite without the Ferry.

I thought he was as good as gone. Fair play to him for knuckling down as you say and fair play to Di Canio for keeping an open mind and giving him a chance  Yes

Would be nice if he could get a proper hair cut though Roll Eyes

I dont think Ferry was ever going to out the door in the summer, much much too talented for that. Di Canio would have done his homework and he would have know that Ferry was a talent.

No doubt if he hadnt of knuckled down then he'd have been out the door in the January but I dont think Di Canio would have been stupid enough to get rid of him without giving him a chance.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:34:44 »

Should use the Mooney song from a few years back, but replace "no hair" with "shit hair" Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:46:47 »

I'd still take Ferry over Douglas every day of week. Whilst Douglas was far from crap in the year he won player of the year - he wasnt (mostly in hindsight, admittedly) even our best midfielder.
In his first season Douglas was exactly the kind of midfielder we hadn't had for years. He was bloody excellent and deserved player of the year. He was shit like a lot of others in his second season here but I don't think we should trivilalse his first year here. Yes Ferry played well but in no way, shape or form was he better than Douglas. It could well be that Ferry looked good because he had the wise head next to him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: