Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Ferry  (Read 15517 times)
DRS

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:50:03 »

In his first season Douglas was exactly the kind of midfielder we hadn't had for years. He was bloody excellent and deserved player of the year. He was shit like a lot of others in his second season here but I don't think we should trivilalse his first year here. Yes Ferry played well but in no way, shape or form was he better than Douglas. It could well be that Ferry looked good because he had the wise head next to him.

I'm going to go with the option that they are both just very good players.Last year they were both shit. People are also underestimating in my opinion just how good and a big role Jonathan Smith has been in helping ferry refind his form.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 14:01:26 »

I'm going to go with the option that they are both just very good players.Last year they were both shit. People are also underestimating in my opinion just how good and a big role Jonathan Smith has been in helping ferry refind his form.
Agreed on all counts, particularly J Smith - he's growing each game. He breaks up play well, his passing needs to get better but it isn't that bad, he's got a good shot on him, a good tackle and is decent in the air - and he's getting better.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 14:04:30 »

In his first season Douglas was exactly the kind of midfielder we hadn't had for years. He was bloody excellent and deserved player of the year. He was shit like a lot of others in his second season here but I don't think we should trivilalse his first year here. Yes Ferry played well but in no way, shape or form was he better than Douglas. It could well be that Ferry looked good because he had the wise head next to him.

This.

Not only was he our best midfielder he was arguably one of our better defenders,making last ditch tackles and blocks.
Ferry is a great player with the ball but needs to work on his play off it,that said he was quality yesterday as all of them were.
He and Caddis came with big reputations and judging on recent performances are both starting to live up to them.
I believe the bigger clubs will be sniffin around Caddis soon.
Barry Scott

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 14:19:12 »

Ferry is a great player with the ball but needs to work on his play off it

I disagree with that entirely. Ferry is, in my opinion the best player off the ball we have. If people watch him off the ball they'll notice that when Caddis overlaps, he'll often drop to right back. He does the same at left back and if his midfield partner has bombed on, he'll often sit deep. He's always done this, not so noticeably with Risser yesterday, but he's been doing it with Smith all season. He's also always finding space and making himself available for the ball. Something neither Dougie or Prutton did last season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 14:45:37 »

It could have been - but the following season Douglas was utter gash.

Whilst since getting regular games and even without Douglas - Ferry still looks utter class.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 15:02:41 »

Yes and I don't see the point of arguing the toss as to why Ferry's form has picked up. Ferry has admitted he needed a boot up the arse, Di Canio said he got a boot up the arse and luckily he's proved the manager wrong and proved the fans' faith that there was a decent player in there.

I completely agree about Smith as well, he's been a very welcome addition to the team and deserves a starting place when fit.
Dozno9

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 15:49:34 »

I disagree with that entirely. Ferry is, in my opinion the best player off the ball we have. If people watch him off the ball they'll notice that when Caddis overlaps, he'll often drop to right back. He does the same at left back and if his midfield partner has bombed on, he'll often sit deep. He's always done this, not so noticeably with Risser yesterday, but he's been doing it with Smith all season. He's also always finding space and making himself available for the ball. Something neither Dougie or Prutton did last season.

Have to agree, the reason Ferry gets a lot of ball time is his ability to make himself available. Even from the highlights you can see he moves slightly away from play to be ready to accept a pass. He is a superb midfielder who is excellent on the counter attack and surprisingly fast.

BTW Risser was an embarrassment yesterday with his diving and feigning injuries, however Kennedy being 'knocked out' when the man got past him was a bit suspicious but maybe I'm doing him a dis-service.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 15:53:45 by Dozno9 » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 15:58:50 »

No the Kennedy one was a nasty clash of heads.
Dozno9

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:00:46 »

I'll accept the dis-service then. It's what I would do though.  Cheesy
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:06:05 »

A lot of people look towards the fact that Simon Ferry was here all last season and not used as a big reason we went down, playing that pikey cunt instead. What I find more bemusing and frustrating is that for a large part of the season we had Aden Flint not getting a look in and we played that useless bag of shite Andy Frampton.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:11:26 »

Erm flint only signed in january and was loaned back out straightaway wasnt he?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:16:06 »

Didn't realise we loaned him back out, what a shit decision if we did
stfcinbmth

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:17:28 »

Erm flint only signed in january and was loaned back out straightaway wasnt he?

Yep went back to Alfreton
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:26:32 »

Didn't realise we loaned him back out, what a shit decision if we did

I think it was a master stroke with hindsight.

Far better to let him keep his confidence and help take Alferton up, rather than get dragged down along with last years shit.

We saw him in a couple of games last season, and to be honest he struggled a bit.

This season he's fully league football fit, and we have reaped the rewards.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:49:35 »

Ferry is the most composed central midfield player we've had since Migz. Technically excellent. His assist for Kerrouche's goal to make it 3-0 at Crawley was one of the best passes I've ever seen. Long may his form continue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: