Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can you hear thetownend.com sing?  (Read 12641 times)
spacey

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 21:48:32 »

more Spacey winding people up!

Yeah, I miss me too. I stopped reading once I couldn't be arsed anymore.
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 07:45:42 »

A lot of the leavers sound like recovering addicts. I used to post but its a mugs game. One little post and suddenly I was doing a thousand a day. I'm out of it now but you've got to take it one day at a time. Is there a TEF anonomous that you can join?

For myself I hardly ever post so I've got it under control. I'm just having a bad day today...
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 08:03:31 »

Ignore the miserable cunt, nev, I enjoy reading your posts.

Wanna hug it out?

No, you're ok ginginho. thanks to the other 'supporters' in the thread. 

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 08:44:49 »

A lot of the leavers sound like recovering addicts. I used to post but its a mugs game. One little post and suddenly I was doing a thousand a day. I'm out of it now but you've got to take it one day at a time. Is there a TEF anonomous that you can join?

For myself I hardly ever post so I've got it under control. I'm just having a bad day today...

You missed out the part about deleting and creating a new account, but yes fair point...

I think we need to cull the threads that have been running for 217 pages...  If I miss the first five I can't be fucked to catch up and am terrified to cover old ground for fear of being chastised by the more militant members.

That said, I think we have too many boards.  We need about four, maximum.  Having so many boards and seeing some haven't been posted in for over a week makes the tumbleweed all the more prominent.

And I'm afraid my stories are long gone....

...Well I did get caught pissing behind a bush by a copper the other week.  After apologising I got slapped with an £80 fine.  Cue protests about stealth taxes and theft from the common man to feed the interests of the rich...  Forty minutes later and I was talking myself out of an arrest!

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 08:47:19 »

Have to say that my use of the forum has reduced significantly for two reasons.

The first is that my Mrs discovered that the the forum contained a lot of use of the word 'cunt' and as a result now calls me a cunt every time she finds me on it or asks what do the cunts think which makes me feel a little bit of a cunt. I told her that the mods had changed the word cunt to 'babe' but for some reason she still calls me a cunt.

The second reason is because of two things.  When we win it's all a bit boring and when we lose I can't be arsed to read the posts from people who only appear on the end of a loss.

To me the forum was at its best when we were discussing the in's and out's of mismanagement by diamond mike and co and since we have hit calmer waters we can only debate what's happening on the pitch and theirs only so much of that you can discuss without it becoming tedious - which is why I guess they turn into a pun fest!

We need an injection of fun and something like Matchday mingers/stunners will help but in reality what we need to do is get the board out and bring back diamond mike...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 08:51:52 »

And I'm afraid my stories are long gone....

...Well I did get caught pissing behind a bush by a copper the other week.  After apologising I got slapped with an £80 fine.  Cue protests about stealth taxes and theft from the common man to feed the interests of the rich...  Forty minutes later and I was talking myself out of an arrest!

And the real Walrus stands up. Good work. Smiley

I'd imagine the average man would be bankrupt if he got slapped £80 every time he p'd behind a bush
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 08:52:58 »

We need an injection of fun and something like Matchday mingers/stunners will help but in reality what we need to do is get the board out and bring back diamond mike...

Let's all have a protest.

See you round the back of the Arkells tomorrow?
DMR

« Reply #67 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 12:25:20 »

The biggest problem was and always will be when everyone got all chummy and the debate and banter just dropped away.

Take this thread - one criticism of Nev and everyone's patting him on the back defending what a good poster he is.

No he's not, he's a silly old cunt who posts a load of nonsense. Just like every other cunt on here. Myself included. Time for everyone to stop taking the fucking interweb so seriously.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 13:01:50 »

David, i think i love you

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 13:11:54 »

This thread is quite amusing.  People stop taking it so seriously.  I think a lot are forgetting the 80% bollocks bit!

If somebody has a go at me I tend to stay away for a bit or watch from a far, just so that I don't say something I will regret later, but apart from that I regularly read and then join in if I have something to contribute.  What's the problem?  I am not an obsessive poster, but use the site to fill some time and keep me informed/amused.

Deltacline had a go recently, we disagreed, called each other cunts, left each other alone for a while moved on, and talked about something else, why do people take things so personally on a site which is 80% bollocks.

Come on people, man up!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 17:11:45 »

but we all have feelings

and won't somebody please think of the children??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 17:34:08 »

and won't somebody please think of the children??

Hark at Gary Glitter...

Smiley
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, November 11, 2011, 18:09:02 »

Have to say that my use of the forum has reduced significantly for two reasons.

The first is that my Mrs discovered that the the forum contained a lot of use of the word 'cunt' and as a result now calls me a cunt every time she finds me on it or asks what do the cunts think which makes me feel a little bit of a cunt. I told her that the mods had changed the word cunt to 'babe' but for some reason she still calls me a cunt.

The second reason is because of two things.  When we win it's all a bit boring and when we lose I can't be arsed to read the posts from people who only appear on the end of a loss.

To me the forum was at its best when we were discussing the in's and out's of mismanagement by diamond mike and co and since we have hit calmer waters we can only debate what's happening on the pitch and theirs only so much of that you can discuss without it becoming tedious - which is why I guess they turn into a pun fest!

For the draw!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:42:09 »

For me the forum has gone as far as it can in its current state. It just goes round in circles with the same old shite regurgitated over and over. The site needs new blood and established posters(myself included)need to post less. Dmr was right as the pally pally shite started the rot.  Bandwagon jumpers who follow their mates do my fucking nut, and there are a few on here for sure. Leaping all over previous put downs as they are too weak to act themsleves and for themselves. We all know the sort. The uncool kid on the sidelines trying to be one of the gang but failing miserably.

Also, new posters are up against it as they get lept all over. I've read stuff that newbies have said,to then be abused by established posters and called bullshit fuck off etc. They disapear after abuse even though their posts have often been factual.
If the forum is to move on and get better things need to change. Without doubt it's at an all time low and very quiet.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:45:08 by arriba » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:48:57 »

fuck off newbie, you cunt.

your factual and accurate post which makes a lot of sense is worthless because you're new.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: