Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can you hear thetownend.com sing?  (Read 12636 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:01:56 »

Judging by some of the posts on here I suspect Nev has gone into hiding.

Surely now he has returned the Dear DRS thread will resurface?  Wink
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:39:10 »

It's because we're doing well - there's nothing to moan about.

I blame Di Canio / Diamandis / Twitter / Leon Knight / Leon Clarke / Michael Rose / Malpas.

Spot on, i think that's problably it. There's no anarchy anymore
Barry Scott

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:40:12 »

Then on top of that we have a element of posters on here who are just interested in posting negative shit for the sake of it. It's been described at times as a tef meltdown and that is exactly how it is.The element of supporters who went on one when dicanio was appointed always seem to resurface when we lose, flammable ben being a prime example.

Play shit and write shit i can understand that but people moaning for the sake of moaning gets very boring to be honest

This is what I feel almost exactly. I actually avoid all match day threads and any thread with a player name, or is potentially football related, because I know within about a page of posts someone will post something which is either made up or has no upside or positive slant. By avoiding anything that could potentially be full of hatred and negativity has rekindled my love for the club. You could say it's burying my head in the sand, but I've learned it's good for your sanity, rationale and enjoyment of football.

It's like a study I read into polarisation on forums. I think it showed that the groups of differing opinions get ever more extreme and unyielding as something takes off in any particular direction. It talked about how forums are a hotbed for it and that the opinions on either side of an argument get ever more extreme, aggressive, vociferous and unyielding. Eventually the opinions become way more extreme than any party would have originally ever felt prior to the meltdown, since they have now each pushed each other further and further to the extremes. It's also more prevalent when people discuss politics.

I think it's fair to say the events of last season and early this season produced fairly suitable conditions. Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:40:42 »

soft kitty, warm kitty
little ball of fur
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:53:19 »

soft kitty, warm kitty
little ball of fur

Happy Kitty Sleepy Kitty Purr Purr Purr

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:00:34 »

No No.....I can't hear a fucking thing...
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:03:22 »

Not to mention the 'It's Paolo, it's Paolo' bollocks as well.

If you're going to have a pop, the phrase is   "Paolo, it's Paolo"  Surely it's not too much to ask that posters on a Swindon football forum can get the manager's name right ?

General comment
I fully admit, I like punning.  If people don't like it don't join in. As for threads being ruined, have a word with yourselves - most of them die a death without punning playing a part.

I post on this board for a bit of light relief, I think I'm reasonably knowledgeable about the football side of it.

Sorry if some of you don't like it, I doubt I'll change much.  

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:31:25 »

This is what I feel almost exactly. I actually avoid all match day threads

I'll use this as an example so its not aimed directly at you, but people react differently when things don't go to plan. Some people react negatively immediately, then mellow after a day or two - or not. Others try take take the positives straight away.

OK I can see repetitively repeating negative points (or punfests) could get tiresome.

But fucked if I'm not going to post a view on something in the heat of the moment just because its not positive. If that's how I feel at the time, then that's how I feel. I make no apologies for that. If that's interpreted as moaning for moanings sake so be it.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:52:16 »

If you're going to have a pop, the phrase is   "Paolo, it's Paolo"  Surely it's not too much to ask that posters on a Swindon football forum can get the manager's name right ?

General comment
I fully admit, I like punning.  If people don't like it don't join in. As for threads being ruined, have a word with yourselves - most of them die a death without punning playing a part.

I post on this board for a bit of light relief, I think I'm reasonably knowledgeable about the football side of it.

Sorry if some of you don't like it, I doubt I'll change much. 

Ignore the miserable cunt, nev, I enjoy reading your posts.

Wanna hug it out?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:56:02 »

Notice the forum always has a large amount of guests. Perhaps make the place members only to read? Might convince more people to actually register and participate a bit.
Barry Scott

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:00:24 »

But fucked if I'm not going to post a view on something in the heat of the moment just because its not positive. If that's how I feel at the time, then that's how I feel. I make no apologies for that. If that's interpreted as moaning for moanings sake so be it.

And that's how it should be Batch. Reasoned views, either positive or negative, are good and add to the discussion. It's when people write something that seems to have a loose grasp on the facts (obviously in my rose tinted opinion!) and provides no logical reasoning beyond "it/them being shit" that it grates.

It's like the bloke I used to sit near. He used to go on and on and on about how shit we were, he could even do it when we were winning. I can recall him being pleased, smug perhaps - in an "I told you so" manner, on several occasions, when the opposition had scored, because "we deserve nothing from this".

I wonder if some fans are just jaded by the whole fan thing - a bit like I am with England? I laugh when England concede and would even be amused by knowing they've lost. But if some of our fans feel that badly about it, why watch it and comment on it? I don't watch England and have little to no intention of commenting on it anymore.

Puns, I used to hate them, I now read them chuckling at the thought of some readers breaking their keyboards in a fit of rage.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:01:01 »

Nev's the original punster, leave him alone.

It's the rest of you who then after Nev has posted go and turn threads into a 10 page punfest that need to have a word with yourselves.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:08:37 »

I don't really post or read much these days. I've got bored of it over time. I'll pop into some match day threads and maybe a few others but that's about it.

The general discussion threads used to be quality. It seems a lot of people have given up on them now. Ben going didn't help the cause. Used to love reading some of his random crap and also the late night threads etc. But there isn't enough of that anymore.

Agree about the moaning as well. We seem to have got a load of serious posters join in the past year or so and since last season it's been forever doom and gloom with some people.

Finally I think i've finally began to grow up a little bit. I don't like to admit it but when you get a bit older there is certain stuff you just don't find as funny as you did a few years ago.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:14:15 »

Your all starting to sound like women.

It's a football forum. This is Pathetic. Man up.

:gay:

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:16:13 »

Has anyone called you a cunt yet, newbie?

No? Well consider it done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: