Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Hereford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22312 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:13:09 »

Oh and Hereford have gone to Wimbledon, Wovers and Cheltnumb and come away with draws, even if they havent been winning they havent been losing that many away from home.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:13:13 »

Do you sit in the Arkells?  I find it quite strange the players who aren't in the squad don't all sit together?  Nathan Thompson was behind me right towards the back of the Arkells.  Aden Flint was further forward behind the executive seats.  I'm sure in previous seasons, they've all tended to sit together?

Under Luggy squad members who weren't playing were regularly sent to sit around the Arkells to sit in amongst the fans to chat/sign autographs etc. Quite a good PR move.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:15:52 »

Kennedy did look happy enough and was signing plenty of autographs for the kids.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:17:00 »

On the bright side I have 4 bottles of Thwaites Tavern Porter to drown my sorrows with.

Just finishing my second bottle now.  I love a good Porter.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:18:15 »

Pint another two to go.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:26:30 »

Just finishing my second bottle now.  I love a good Porter.

Donkey -I also have some cracked pepper crackers and some Roquefort. Diet not going well today!

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #231 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:27:10 »

Paolo also said that at corners and set pieces the players should be man marking and not zone defending, to me that would suggest we are lacking in height if playing against bigger opponents as it would be very difficult to pick up all the bigger/ taller men. Joe is probably at present are biggest regular defender and he isn't exactly big.
That suggests to me that the players either haven't been trained in how to defend from corners or are not doing what they've been fucking told to do.
Tucking into the cider but still pissed off.  
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:31:53 »

Donkey -I also have some cracked pepper crackers and some Roquefort. Diet not going well today!

Sounds nice, sod the diet.  I now wish I had some top cheese.  Just the beer for me (a Very Nutty Black to finish), although there is a packet of Monster Munch in the cupboard...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:34:53 »

Just finishing my second bottle now.  I love a good Porter.

Too early in the year for me.  I'm seasonal when it comes to my beers...barely finished with my summer IPAs at the moment.

But I agree with your central point!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:35:12 »

I'm worried we are going to sell Ritchie in January!  Someone tell me this wont happen please!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:36:28 »

Sounds nice, sod the diet.  I now wish I had some top cheese.  Just the beer for me (a Very Nutty Black to finish), although there is a packet of Monster Munch in the cupboard...

Pickled onion I trust ?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:42:24 »

Pickled onion I trust ?

Co-op were selling the variety pack for half price, so in fact I have a choice of the onion, beef and the spicy.  I'm happy with any flavour of monster munch.

And Ardiles, I always like my beer dark...I look forward to Bath Ales making their Festivity every year.  However, on the hot days, I will go light.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:43:58 »

Gona have a rant  Smiley

I think we are suffering from Paolo's nievity as a manager.  Hes made loads of mistakes player wise.  Hes signed players that now he doesnt rate.  Hes also cocked up in my view by not bringing in a english keeper whos been there and done it.  He is also in my opinion not helping certain players.  We have a bigger squad than any other team at our level.  We have quanity but not quality.  But what ever 3 sides you could make up should have beaten a piss poor hereford.  This IS a crap league.  He has to many players , to many options.  He should have bought a player he believed in and stuck with him.  For me Flint is the best centre back we have.  Gabilonda is so obviously right footed yet the guy never gets a go in his natural position.  Di canio talked of 25, 30 crosses a game we would be putting into the box.  But our wingers cut in and shoot.  So the strikers get nothing.  If they do look to cross more often or not they have to cut back onto thier natural foot and the moment is gone.  I want STFC to go up, and i see it as total failure not to with our budget against the rest of this league.  I dont think we have a hope in hell of going up at present.  Our balance is wrong for me.  He has no idea what his best team is.  Under Ardiles years ago i think we went 23 games with the same starting 11.  You dont have to change for every game. You have to put together the right 11 and let them off the leash.  Di Canio needed a English assistant manager who would tell him, " NO Paolo,  if your gonna make this work you cant do that".  Am season ticket holder, will keep going, but we should be getting a hell of a lot better.  I actually think we should win this league with the players we have.  Also when we were promoted out of this league before our top scorer got 12.  You DONT need a 25 goal striker, be nice but not essential.  What is is a sold team, that doesnt let in goals and you just nick one.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:44:58 »

Co-op were selling the variety pack for half price, so in fact I have a choice of the onion, beef and the spicy.  I'm happy with any flavour of monster munch.

In that case I may have to pay a visit and get some. Shame they aren't as big as they used to be.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:46:32 »

Simon Ferry
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: