Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Hereford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22374 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:12:21 »

Paolo said after the game that he was forced to change things around once Smith had to come off. My argument would be  the choice of subs/squad. If Flint was at least on the bench then surely it would be a case of moving Alan back into the centre of midfield  and Flint straight back into the centre of defence. I know it's easy to pick up on these issues now but it doesn't make any sense to me not to have Flint at least on the bench.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:14:36 »

I think its more to do with not having a leader at the back or in midfield. When things are going well the players look good, when things are going badly they look bad. I don't think any of us know what an average performance is from our players. yet. I don't think we've got anyone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck. For the oldies - a McHale or Kamara. We also don't have a dominant force in defence - Aizlewood, Taylor etc. After the first goal Hereford upped the tempo and we couldn't live with it.
The team selection leaves us frustrated but how must the players feel. If you drop from the team, you'd normally expect a place on the bench but that doesn't seem to happen.
I also have concerns about 3 loan players - and possibly a 4th as we need a keeper.
At this moment and maybe the beer will chill me, I'm having doubts about DiCanio. After each game its always about learning but we had him saying he'd train defending set pieces but we haven't leared. We can't kill games off. We've got a fucking massive squad - the envy of others in our league - but he has signed some absolute shite.
I think the spat with Clarke was pathetic - you signed the cunt knowing what he was like and at the first sign you've alienated him forever - same as Timlin.
Going public about diving may not have helped Kerrouche today or maybe its the fact he goes down all the time and rolls over a few times for dramatic effect.
Also, I can't see where the legendary fitness thing is coming from - Hereford finished far stronger than us today and they're not the first.
While I'm at it can they stop playing that fucking Italian music before the game. It was fun for a couple of games now it just irritates the fucking tits off of me.
I'm beginning to get a bit fucked off with the PdC circus.
Now its beer time and I can get my PdC beer goggles on again and dream of glory

Not being able to defend set pieces - or see a game out has been happening to us for years. Its certainly not a new thing Di Canio has bought with him.

I'd like to think managers have tried to sort it out in the past but sometimes all the coaching in the world wont stop players switching off.

As you (and the whole forum probably no) I am a firm believer in the experienced, captain defensive leader. Comazzi was supposed to be that player, he done ok at it but not brilliant. McCormack has come in done well in some games and badly in others. Our defence looks decent last time we were here with Adi Williams and later on Jamie Vincent at the heart of it.

Please no one delete their account and leave but you just have to look at our defence pre-greer, with greer, post greer to see how much that leader is needed.

McCormack could be the man to lead in midfield - but in order to do so he probably needs to have a regular partner. Again, our play off season - the team was made up of partnerships. Greer/Cuthbert, Amankwaah/JPM, Ferry/Douglas, Austin/Paynter and even to a lesser extented Sheehan/Ward. This season all we have is Caddis/Ritchie.

I still think Timlin is capable of doing a job for us but obviously something went on there.

Sometimes Di Canio clearly speaks before he thinks. Not always a bad thing but the whole diving/small dog thing seemed like something that didnt need to go public.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:29:43 »

It is, but what kind of reaction did he expect to see straight after a game that we threw a 2-0 lead away?

It takes some people a day or two to get balance. Myself included.

Same.  I'm disappointed and frustrated, because we were coasting along at 2-0, should have ben winning by more but failed to put the game to bed and paid for it.  The situation not made any more bearable by the fact that prior to today's game, Hereford had scored a grand total of 4 goals!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:31:38 »

Cheers Wiggy, nice to meet you and your lad too. Whilst in the CGH today picking up a shirt I was wondering how many of you would of been in there as I wouldn't have a clue. Also agree with Chalkie about squad rotation. It seems that players are going from starting for a couple or more games and doing ok to not even being in the match day squad and vice versa.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:37:37 »

I wonder how much of the squad rotation thing is Paolo trying to justify having so many players.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:42:03 »

On the bright side I have 4 bottles of Thwaites Tavern Porter to drown my sorrows with.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:43:40 »

Paolo also said that at corners and set pieces the players should be man marking and not zone defending, to me that would suggest we are lacking in height if playing against bigger opponents as it would be very difficult to pick up all the bigger/ taller men. Joe is probably at present are biggest regular defender and he isn't exactly big.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:45:45 »

Paolo said after the game that he was forced to change things around once Smith had to come off. My argument would be  the choice of subs/squad. If Flint was at least on the bench then surely it would be a case of moving Alan back into the centre of midfield  and Flint straight back into the centre of defence. I know it's easy to pick up on these issues now but it doesn't make any sense to me not to have Flint at least on the bench.

Exactly, he should have been there for cover purposes.  What if Devera or McCormack had picked up an injury?  I'm feeling a little bit like CS in terms of the PDC circus.  Di Canio needs to get over this alienation of players and pick the team that are best suited to the opponents.

His comments after the game about having a biq squad and being able to make changes for the next game worry me to be honest.  The squad is too bloody big and gives him too many options to chop and change.  

Anyone know where Kennedy was today?  Is he injured or another victim of being dropped from playing literally every game to not even making the bench?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:48:12 »

Kennedy was sat in front of me with his LA flat cap on, he looked like he was going onto the X Factor tonight !
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:05:10 by Notts red » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:53:03 »

Do you sit in the Arkells?  I find it quite strange the players who aren't in the squad don't all sit together?  Nathan Thompson was behind me right towards the back of the Arkells.  Aden Flint was further forward behind the executive seats.  I'm sure in previous seasons, they've all tended to sit together?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:57:35 »

Agree Jo, sounds like he is quite happy to keep rotating the team/squad around so although some of us find it frustrating it doesn't sound like things are going to change anytime soon. I am fully behind Paolo by the way but am just wanting us out of this bloody league.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #221 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:57:44 »

On the subject of Flint, again, before the game Vic was saying that he spoke to PdC about Flint playing and PdC said he will play when he sees fit and will not rush him back(!) into the side and that he hopes to turn mcCormack into a centre back full time.

He (PdC) also said that he does not think that Ferry and McCormack can play together in midfield.

Make of that what you will.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:03:58 »

Yes I sit in the Arkells on the edge of the posh seating. ( quite often in the seats, their padded ! ) a lot of the players sit around this area aswell, Phil Smith was sat near Kennedy but not with him so get your point. Apparently Both Flint and Kennedy were out training with the youth team this morning. Kennedy looked a right chav today.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:08:35 »

I still think of the candidates for the job in the Summer that PdC is still who I want in charge.

Look at the others that applied.......

Buckle, setting the world alight at Wovers....NOT.
Uwe Rösler...bought some big names at Brentford and has so far achieved fuck all and they also had a 4-0 home defeat in the week.
Dietmar Hamann.....languishing in 17th place in the Conference with Stockport.

I don't think PdC is doing a bad job, yes he infuriates some with his team changes but we are still in with a chance, all we need to do is tighten up defensively and we will be away as we arent bad going forwards.

This is just a knee jerk reaction to what should have been a comfortable home win, which it actually was looking like before our Jekyll & Hyde defence took over to spoil that.

I fully agree with DRS when he says that its all or nothing with our fans, look at the positives as well as the negatives and accept that we are an average 4th division side, but that we arent too far from being a good 4th division side challenging for promotion.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:11:16 »

I think Paolo will lead us to promotion This season but we will have to accept plenty of frustrating times along the way.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: