Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Hereford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22316 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:33:08 »

Agree with sheepshagger.
I think I'm coming to the realisation that we are just a mid table Div 4 side. We're easy on the eye at times but so fucking naive at set pieces. A decent team would have killed that game off today - we aren't. We're great in patches but equally dreadful at other times. As soon as Hereford got the first we went to pieces and never got it back.
I'm not convinced we can string a decent run together. I've not seen a decent team in this league yet.
Football fucking stinks and I'm now hitting the ale. Back when pissed.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:35:10 »

I like Flint, and when he has played this season he has generally been very good.

But if anyone actually believes that Flint coming back will suddenly result in us being much better defensively I think they must have very short memories.

Don't forget he was in the team that lost 4 on the trot earlier in the season, of which most of the goals conceded were from set pieces.

As for today, we may not have been fantastic, but we should have been capable of seeing the game out.

The foul on Kerrooooossh in the box looked a stonewall penalty from where I was, but I have a feeling the ref wasn't looking, and there was a clear push on Abdulla in the build up to their first goal. That said it wasn't the bald twat that conceded the goals
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:37:52 »

Agree with sheepshagger.
I think I'm coming to the realisation that we are just a mid table Div 4 side. We're easy on the eye at times but so fucking naive at set pieces. A decent team would have killed that game off today - we aren't. We're great in patches but equally dreadful at other times. As soon as Hereford got the first we went to pieces and never got it back.
I'm not convinced we can string a decent run together. I've not seen a decent team in this league yet.
Football fucking stinks and I'm now hitting the ale. Back when pissed.

How much of our inconsistency do you think is down to the players ability compared with how much of  our inconsistency is down to inconsistent team selection?

Its a point thats been done to death (please no one delete and leave) but I think Di Canio needs to decide on his best XI and pick them every week.

Its one of the few things Wilson did well here. January-June in our play off season the team practically picked itself and looked all the better for it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:38:21 »

That said it wasn't the bald twat that conceded the goals
Makes a change
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:40:23 »

Well if that is the case the lets get on Lanzano's back brigade need a reality check,far as i can see Burton aside he has done a sound job.
If he wasn't at fault for any goals today then the abuse he is getting is out of order to be honest.

Oh well each to there own i suppose.

Okay, he was badly positioned for all three goals. He got both hands on the first two but the direction of the ball didn't change. A decent keeper would have pushed the ball around the post - even Smith.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
stfcinbmth

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:44:41 »

How much of our inconsistency do you think is down to the players ability compared with how much of  our inconsistency is down to inconsistent team selection?

Its a point thats been done to death (please no one delete and leave) but I think Di Canio needs to decide on his best XI and pick them every week.

Its one of the few things Wilson did well here. January-June in our play off season the team practically picked itself and looked all the better for it.

Agree on a settled side DV, it's just what's the best eleven that's open to question
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:48:46 »

All I have to add is the Ref's a fucking twat! Night x
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:51:48 »

Whats pissed me off more than today's result is Don Rogers Shop leaving the forum. One of only a few who's opinion I value.

I am personlly 50/50 on his opinion. Sometimes I greed, sometimes I didn't.

It would be good if all the gylords who got in a pissy over the last 6 months would just come back and be cunts agin.

Cunts mke this forum wht it is.

My "a" button seems to be not working...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:52:51 »

On a positive note, I beat rockin Robin at a game of slaps
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:53:20 »

How much of our inconsistency do you think is down to the players ability compared with how much of  our inconsistency is down to inconsistent team selection?

I think its more to do with not having a leader at the back or in midfield. When things are going well the players look good, when things are going badly they look bad. I don't think any of us know what an average performance is from our players. yet. I don't think we've got anyone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck. For the oldies - a McHale or Kamara. We also don't have a dominant force in defence - Aizlewood, Taylor etc. After the first goal Hereford upped the tempo and we couldn't live with it.
The team selection leaves us frustrated but how must the players feel. If you drop from the team, you'd normally expect a place on the bench but that doesn't seem to happen.
I also have concerns about 3 loan players - and possibly a 4th as we need a keeper.
At this moment and maybe the beer will chill me, I'm having doubts about DiCanio. After each game its always about learning but we had him saying he'd train defending set pieces but we haven't leared. We can't kill games off. We've got a fucking massive squad - the envy of others in our league - but he has signed some absolute shite.
I think the spat with Clarke was pathetic - you signed the cunt knowing what he was like and at the first sign you've alienated him forever - same as Timlin.
Going public about diving may not have helped Kerrouche today or maybe its the fact he goes down all the time and rolls over a few times for dramatic effect.
Also, I can't see where the legendary fitness thing is coming from - Hereford finished far stronger than us today and they're not the first.
While I'm at it can they stop playing that fucking Italian music before the game. It was fun for a couple of games now it just irritates the fucking tits off of me.
I'm beginning to get a bit fucked off with the PdC circus.
Now its beer time and I can get my PdC beer goggles on again and dream of glory
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:55:58 »

How much of our inconsistency do you think is down to the players ability compared with how much of  our inconsistency is down to inconsistent team selection?

This is  good point.

In the PL you might get wy with picking plyers from the squad to combat formtion, prticular plyers etc but in Div4 you might struggle.

Lets have a few weeks of settled first eleven unless we really have to change.

fucking fluff

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:00:24 »

Okay, he was badly positioned for all three goals. He got both hands on the first two but the direction of the ball didn't change. A decent keeper would have pushed the ball around the post - even Smith.

He was badly positioned for the goals because each time he started to come forward, thought better of it and retreated so he wasn't balanced properly.  He is just a bit too eccentric for my taste.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:04:34 »

Oh yeah, and it was nice to meet Notts Red today.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:06:51 »

At this moment and maybe the beer will chill me, I'm having doubts about DiCanio.

I think that's entirely understandable.  Wasn't at the game today (getting regular score updates brought to me by the wife) so haven't commented on the game itself.  But one thing that did occur to me after getting the final score - and it was for the first time this season - is that we may just need to give Paolo a second season to learn the ropes.  I'm still hopeful that simply by having greater resources at our disposal than is normal for this division, we'll have an advantage that will eventually tell and that we'll go up.  And, of course, there's also the possibility that our hastily cobbled together squad will suddenly click after 3 or 4 months of acclimatisation and storm the league during the second half of the season.

But...there's a chance it may take a little longer.  Failure to go up this season will, in a number of ways, be inadequate.  But there's also a chance that PDC may take a full season to learn the ropes...and then have a cracker in 2012/13.  I'm biding my time...and, unless it's clear his temperament just isn't right for the job, will not be calling for the axe if we narrowly miss out this year.

That's my current thinking, anyway.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:07:04 »

I am personlly 50/50 on his opinion. Sometimes I greed, sometimes I didn't.

It would be good if all the gylords who got in a pissy over the last 6 months would just come back and be cunts agin.

Cunts mke this forum wht it is.

My "a" button seems to be not working...

New keyboard time
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: