Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Hereford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22208 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:50:07 »

Simon Ferry
Should have taken a touch before spanking that one over the bar but had a decent game today.
I'm liking DeVita more and more each game.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:51:14 »

Gona have a rant  Smiley

I think we are suffering from Paolo's nievity as a manager.  Hes made loads of mistakes player wise.  Hes signed players that now he doesnt rate.  Hes also cocked up in my view by not bringing in a english keeper whos been there and done it.  He is also in my opinion not helping certain players.  We have a bigger squad than any other team at our level.  We have quanity but not quality.  But what ever 3 sides you could make up should have beaten a piss poor hereford.  This IS a crap league.  He has to many players , to many options.  He should have bought a player he believed in and stuck with him.  For me Flint is the best centre back we have.  Gabilonda is so obviously right footed yet the guy never gets a go in his natural position.  Di canio talked of 25, 30 crosses a game we would be putting into the box.  But our wingers cut in and shoot.  So the strikers get nothing.  If they do look to cross more often or not they have to cut back onto thier natural foot and the moment is gone.  I want STFC to go up, and i see it as total failure not to with our budget against the rest of this league.  I dont think we have a hope in hell of going up at present.  Our balance is wrong for me.  He has no idea what his best team is.  Under Ardiles years ago i think we went 23 games with the same starting 11.  You dont have to change for every game. You have to put together the right 11 and let them off the leash.  Di Canio needed a English assistant manager who would tell him, " NO Paolo,  if your gonna make this work you cant do that".  Am season ticket holder, will keep going, but we should be getting a hell of a lot better.  I actually think we should win this league with the players we have.  Also when we were promoted out of this league before our top scorer got 12.  You DONT need a 25 goal striker, be nice but not essential.  What is is a sold team, that doesnt let in goals and you just nick one.

I cant disagree with a word you said.

Though, I have had a £50 bet with my mate that Paolo wont field the same starting line up in 2 consecutive matches before the new year, so I hope the tinkering continues ..... But I think it will kill us!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:52:14 »

Gona have a rant  Smiley

I think we are suffering from Paolo's nievity as a manager.  Hes made loads of mistakes player wise.  Hes signed players that now he doesnt rate.  Hes also cocked up in my view by not bringing in a english keeper whos been there and done it.  He is also in my opinion not helping certain players.  We have a bigger squad than any other team at our level.  We have quanity but not quality.  But what ever 3 sides you could make up should have beaten a piss poor hereford.  This IS a crap league.  He has to many players , to many options.  He should have bought a player he believed in and stuck with him.  For me Flint is the best centre back we have.  Gabilonda is so obviously right footed yet the guy never gets a go in his natural position.  Di canio talked of 25, 30 crosses a game we would be putting into the box.  But our wingers cut in and shoot.  So the strikers get nothing.  If they do look to cross more often or not they have to cut back onto thier natural foot and the moment is gone.  I want STFC to go up, and i see it as total failure not to with our budget against the rest of this league.  I dont think we have a hope in hell of going up at present.  Our balance is wrong for me.  He has no idea what his best team is.  Under Ardiles years ago i think we went 23 games with the same starting 11.  You dont have to change for every game. You have to put together the right 11 and let them off the leash.  Di Canio needed a English assistant manager who would tell him, " NO Paolo,  if your gonna make this work you cant do that".  Am season ticket holder, will keep going, but we should be getting a hell of a lot better.  I actually think we should win this league with the players we have.  Also when we were promoted out of this league before our top scorer got 12.  You DONT need a 25 goal striker, be nice but not essential.  What is is a sold team, that doesnt let in goals and you just nick one.

Paolo, it's Paolo.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 20:55:18 »

I think you're all being paranoid and that PDC will change the team around in December, we'll go on an fucking massive run to the end of the season and finish second and in doing so, he will only make 2 changes; Smith for Lanzano (Injury) and Smith for (Who ever the fuck wants it bad enough) due to a suspension.

I rest my (very) drunken case from ashore.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 21:00:53 »

Just finishing my second bottle now.  I love a good Porter.

Fnar fnar, try pushing that back in the closet Wink
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 21:06:01 »

On Ritchie, I was sat right next to a Cardiff scout today not really letting on who he was making notes on but talking an awful lot about Ritchie. Also Know Fulham were at today's game looking at Matt. Doesn't mean he is going but definitely in the spot light of a few bigger clubs.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 21:46:31 »

On the subject of todays game but not to do with it directly...I was stood in the queue about to buy my accy and plym tix when this absolute c**t walked in, jumped the queue, slapped his season ticket down and demanded to be seen to because it didn't work. One of our other fans politely reminded him there was a queue and that he was having the same problem and to basically say wait your turn for an extra few minutes...this other fan of ours erupted at him f'ing and c**ting at him in front of about 3/4 women and their children (5/6 of them)...I have never been so infuriated it was disgusting to hear and quite frankly we could do without fans like that supporting our club!

If anyone else was in the ticket office @ that time what did u think or am I misreading things?

#VivaKenBarlow!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 22:01:54 »

I think I went to a different game to almost everyone else. That was the first game I've seen this season so I think I was seeing it from a different perspective as I was comparing it to the dross of last season.

I'm as disappointed as the next man at the result and how it came about but as I left the ground I felt there were far more positives than negatives to come out of the game. The football we played in the first half and for some of the second was a delight to watch and as Mrs Taylor said, we've not played like that from front to back since the days of Hoddle. It was a joy to watch. Someone said, 'we were pretty shit all game'. I'm sorry but that is just totally and utterly wrong. Peoples' views get coloured by the result and they forget all the positive aspects.

I liked De Vita and Cibocci far more than I thought I would. In fact I loved them. Ferry was also tremendous and I liked the look of Kerrouch and Jervis. All the players though, looked comfortable on the ball and generally passed to a team mate with pretty much no aimless 'lump it down the field', type balls that we've seen so much of in recent years.

Yes, there were negatives, of course there were. Lanzano does not fill me with confidence and I think he certainly should have done better on the first goal. We definitely need a big, commanding keeper as a matter of urgency.

I would also agree that PDC fucks about with the team far more than he should. Smith should never have come off for Abdullah (who did fuck all when he came on).

We were so much better ability wise than Hereford it was ridiculous. But we have to play higher up the pitch, put the opposition under more pressure and of course finish more chances. It was like we were saying to them today, "Well, we're pretty much mullering you but we're pretty sporting chaps so we'll give you a chance". And we sat back instead of pressing home our massive advantage.

Di Canio certainly has his faults but I think its great credit to him that he's got a brand new squad of players together and got them playing like that.  At this point and based on what I have seen today, I trust him to rectify the areas where are clearly defficient. If we carry on playing like that and improve in areas we need to improve, we will win a lot more games than we lose.

Oh yes, Flint needs to play IMO. McCormack has done a great job but playing a sub-six foot centre half week after week is pushing your luck.

I am genuinely bemused by all the negativity because the way I see it, we are very close to being a very decent team indeed.

Edit: Just listening to Il Douce's interview and I think he said Smith was injured, hence the substitution. My bad.

Edit: Or did he say that? Fuck knows  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 22:22:13 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 23:11:27 »

Gona have a rant  Smiley

I think we are suffering from Paolo's nievity as a manager.  Hes made loads of mistakes player wise.  Hes signed players that now he doesnt rate.  Hes also cocked up in my view by not bringing in a english keeper whos been there and done it.  He is also in my opinion not helping certain players.  We have a bigger squad than any other team at our level.  We have quanity but not quality.  But what ever 3 sides you could make up should have beaten a piss poor hereford.  This IS a crap league.  He has to many players , to many options.  He should have bought a player he believed in and stuck with him.  For me Flint is the best centre back we have.  Gabilonda is so obviously right footed yet the guy never gets a go in his natural position.  Di canio talked of 25, 30 crosses a game we would be putting into the box.  But our wingers cut in and shoot.  So the strikers get nothing.  If they do look to cross more often or not they have to cut back onto thier natural foot and the moment is gone.  I want STFC to go up, and i see it as total failure not to with our budget against the rest of this league.  I dont think we have a hope in hell of going up at present.  Our balance is wrong for me.  He has no idea what his best team is.  Under Ardiles years ago i think we went 23 games with the same starting 11.  You dont have to change for every game. You have to put together the right 11 and let them off the leash.  Di Canio needed a English assistant manager who would tell him, " NO Paolo,  if your gonna make this work you cant do that".  Am season ticket holder, will keep going, but we should be getting a hell of a lot better.  I actually think we should win this league with the players we have.  Also when we were promoted out of this league before our top scorer got 12.  You DONT need a 25 goal striker, be nice but not essential.  What is is a sold team, that doesnt let in goals and you just nick one.

Hes made mistakes player wise Hmmm

He should win the league with the players we have Hmmm

So he hasn't made mistakes players wise then surely?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 23:24:20 »

Arguably our top performers thus far this season (Ritchie, Ferry, Caddis, Flint) were all inherited.

Just like any manager in the history of football Di Canio has made some good signings (Kerrouche, Connell, Smith, De Vita) some ok signings (Devera, Comazzi, McCormack) some bad signings (Esajas, Clarke) some dunno yet signings (Risser, Gabilondo, Magera) and a few what the fuck signings (Atiku)

Either way, our squad should not be sitting 13th in League Two but also despite how good I believe the squad to be - we are still missing 1 or 2 players of a certain type.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 23:28:59 »

Arguably our top performers thus far this season (Ritchie, Ferry, Caddis, Flint) were all inherited.

Just like any manager in the history of football Di Canio has made some good signings (Kerrouche, Connell, Smith, De Vita) some ok signings (Devera, Comazzi, McCormack) some bad signings (Esajas, Clarke) some dunno yet signings (Risser, Gabilondo, Magera) and a few what the fuck signings (Atiku)

Either way, our squad should not be sitting 13th in League Two but also despite how good I believe the squad to be - we are still missing 1 or 2 players of a certain type.

I don't think so.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 23:32:02 »

Smoth was 100% injured, could see for miles. Would have taken Jervis off instead of kerrouche. My view of goals concedededededededededed

1st - lanzano had a horrific starting positioning. expected a cross and caught out badly. left back should have possibley stopped the ball in, but lanzano has to take the blame
2nd - caddis should have been tighter, but neither cb should have allowed matey boy such a free header in the middle
3rd - decent ball in, but lanzano was NOWHERE. not majorly to blame though, one of our players should at least have twatted it away. just shit defending.

shit game. we expected them to do a barnet and all credit to hereford, they looked a decent side. not falling for the bullshit and bluster, di caNIO has underwhelmed so far. and anyone who denies is a scoundrel and a liar. I am concerned at how he seems to alienate players from the squad. wiling to give him time to learn about the job, although do think that will end up kicking off next season in this division

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 23:35:50 »

I don't think so.

You might not.

I still think our defence needs a leader. I still think our side lacks a good old fashioned captain to.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 23:44:12 »

I also would of left Kerouche on and took Jervis off for Connell and not Magera. Haven't seen the goals again so not sure who if anyone was to blame for their goals. The last one was a great ball into the danger area and would of caught a lot of teams out. we did play some really nice football today at times so I'll take that thought into the rest of the weekend instead of feeling crappy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 01:16:18 »

Edit: Just listening to Il Douce's interview

Duce...it's Duce  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: