Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC V STFC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43441 times)
jb

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:56:01 »

Timmy most have done something very major, as Di Canio rated him very highly in pre-season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:05:18 »

Does anyone really know?

I remember last season we were told he was injured but joteddyred said her dad (?) saw him in the gym all the time and he claimed he was fit?

Either way, whether you rate him or you dont - Amankwaah has not been given a chance under Di Canio what so ever.

Timlin was given a chance, seemed to take it and now Di Canio has done a massive u-turn.

If that isnt freezing out players I dont know what is.

No player is ever bigger than the manager,if he has dissed the manager in front of players then he is history and rightly so,all players should have an input but if you rant in front of younger players at a manager you surely know the outcome.
And if you think Timlin took his chance you were watching a different match(v Crewe)than me......he did ok but nothing special.
Has he frozen Smith out who has made two howlers,or young Kennedy or Bodin,all given a chance,Ferry as well,young Flint has played well and kept his place so there is the lesson,play well and keep your place...all this conspiracy theory about him freezing out players is pure bull.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:10:32 »

Make your mind up leefer

First you've got Timlin dissing the manager infront of players and the next thing its all a 'conspiracy theory'

If anything the fact that Smith, Kennedy, Bodin and Ferry have been given (multiple) chances where as Amankwaah and Timlin havent shows that he has frozen them out?

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:11:51 »

Read the thread Bunny,i was on about Commazzi not Risser.

Risser will be back,good player and the goal v Oxford shows me that.

My mistake.

I find the whole Timlin situation bizarre. We'll never really know what's gone on, but for him to feature in every pre season game and have a decent game vs Crewe, to then completely vanish kind of stinks to me...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #379 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:16:37 »

Didn't have any wingers pre-season though
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:19:13 »

Didn't have any wingers pre-season though
Yeah true.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #381 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:20:05 »

Heard Timlin was moaning bout being played on the wing.Either way i dont give a fuck.The reason we are being beat is down to individual players.Is it any coincidence that the 3 main leaks smith kennedy and devera are the only 3 players who couldnt be dropped lately due to lack of cover?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:50:15 »

I'm lost - Risser's goal against Oxford? Is this in some alternate reality where we are capable of defending properly?

My concern is that both Lanzano and Cibocchi have been playing at a lower level than League 2 and are a totally unknown quantity.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:54:38 »

I remember last season we were told he was injured but joteddyred said her dad (?) saw him in the gym all the time and he claimed he was fit?

Well you'd think he'd know his own fitness levels.

That said. I had heard through a friend of AOB he (Manks) was struggling on and off through last with the knee - hence the operation. Amazed he hasn't got a chance, but whenever I have seen Caddis he's had a good game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:55:44 »

I'm lost - Risser's goal against Oxford?

He meant Crewe. He's having a mare tonight.
Spencer_White

« Reply #385 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:00:38 »

I find the whole Timlin situation bizarre. We'll never really know what's gone on, but for him to feature in every pre season game and have a decent game vs Crewe, to then completely vanish kind of stinks to me...

His words were that they were watching the Crewe tape, he was asking why he wasnt pushing on. Timlin said Kennedy asked for some cover, and Kennedy backed him up, which annoyed Di Canio. PDC called Timlin into his office a few days later and said there was no future for him at Swindon. Dont think he's been allowed to train with the first team since. Timlin had a Swindon pad which he has moved out from. Only a matter of time before a new club in the South East is announced for him. Watkins is a bit pissed off at how PDC has treated him, bit of friction there already.

Think its a bit unfair people pointing fingers at individual outfield players for the 2nd half performance. It was a complete debacle. Barely got out of our own half. Kennedy has done very well, someone said his forward play is lacking, which is a joke, he has an excellent cross on him. He's got pace and he fights. Better than Rose or Sheehan were last season. Just needs to keep going and establish himself. Caddis is the one who keeps dissapointing going forward, bad crosses and dribbles the ball out of play.

Phil Smith on the other hand should have done better yesterday.

Going back to the whole PDC bombing out players thing. I do think he places a high priority on having 'mens men' in the team. He doesnt like players who are effeminate in any way.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:03:06 by Spencer_White » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:07:07 »

If that's what happened to Timlin I find it disappointing. However I tought in the summer it was best for him to move on - needs regular games. Even if it hadn't happened I can't say he'd get them now we have wingers.

Going back to the whole PDC bombing out players thing. I do think he places a high priority on having 'mens men' in the team. He doesnt like players who are effeminate in any way.

I stood next to Manks last year. He looked like he ate raw cow for breakfast. I wonder if its the cornrows that confused PDC.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:18:08 by Batch » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:13:20 »

Yeah Manks is fooking huge. Don't really appreciate it from the stands, but he walked right past me when I was getting tickets for the play offs and even though I'm 6ft I felt like a child.

Also choked on what must have been a litre of aftershave that he was wearing.

Dozno9

« Reply #388 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:15:38 »

Timlin is not good enough, spat or no spat. If he had gone to Southend last year not one person would be now saying, "oh how I wish Timlin was here".

So much shit being thrown about and so much time to go.

Manks is a different story, proven league one player who should be given a shout.
Spencer_White

« Reply #389 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:22:03 »

I stood next to Manks last year. He looked like he ate raw cow for breakfast. I wonder if its the cornrows that confused PDC.

Certainly not an issue with Amankwaah. But KA does need a bit of a father figure like Wilson, and PDC just isnt going to give him that sort of attention. He doesnt react well to being in and out of the team. Long time since he got near a starting XI. His time is up.

Going back to the point about effeminate players, I think it might be the problem PDC has with Connell. But that is 100% conjecture, unlike the stuff Ive posted about Timlin, which is his version of events.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: