Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC V STFC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43425 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #360 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 19:40:45 »

No but it proves they can be good. Writing them off this season on the basis of a couple of games (none in the case of Amankwaah) is daft. We can only judge on the basis of the past as they've not featured enough so far this season.

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 19:43:53 »

Tell that to Di canio. He writes players off quickly and worryingly has signed a few of em
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 19:47:23 »

Like either were given a chance last season. Manks is probably fit for the first time since Wembley.

I agree Ferry seemed to be treated badly last season but Manks wasn't given a chance as his body was (is?) falling to pieces.

IMO the key here is organisation and communication at the back. Smith has never been a talker and I think, without a CB who does that for him (Commazi?), we're suffering on set pieces and crosses into the box. We need someone to take charge and we're not seeing that. I would still keep Smith in goal for Tuesday but I would bring Commazi in alongside Flint.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:00:58 »

Tell that to Di canio. He writes players off quickly and worryingly has signed a few of em

Dont agree that he has writing them off arriba,he has plenty of players and he is tinkering(rightly or wrongly)as we know a manager can't win really as he is being told to put in players like Manks by fans who last year was saying he was shit and should be bombed out.
Commazi will be the first name on the sheet when fit,hence PDC making him captain....fans are very fickle,the fans who were slagging De Vita were praising him after his second half performance at Bristol and that good finish.
Fans slagging Di Canio after only five matches really need to get a grip,we dicked Oxford and Cheltenham without getting a result and maybe deserved a draw at Dags with a cert penalty turned down.
So we have lost by the odd goal in these matches,not great i know but people like Yeo calling for his head after five matches,do me a favour.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #364 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:03:49 »

Flint doesn't stop talking.Simple fact is in my opinion that Smith,Kennedy and Devera are making too many mistakes and the strikers are not taking the chances that the stats will show are clearly being created.Unlike arriba i would say the midfield are fine.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:14:00 »

Flint doesn't stop talking.Simple fact is in my opinion that Smith,Kennedy and Devera are making too many mistakes and the strikers are not taking the chances that the stats will show are clearly being created.Unlike arriba i would say the midfield are fine.

I think the attack will come good, Connell looks like a natural goalscorer, Clarke is good at linking up and bringing others into the game and Magera will batter defenders an give us a whole different option. We still have De Vita who has shown flashes of being a very good player. I think Clarke and Connell should start with Magera used as a 15-20 minute impact sub (route one stuff).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:28:07 »

Commazi will be the first name on the sheet when fit,hence PDC making him captain....

I thought he named Risser captain?

Just checked, he did:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/9148179.Risser_to_captain_Town_this_season/?action=complain&cid=9525431

The fact the captain has been dropped suggests there is no guaranteed first name on the sheet Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:32:20 »

I stand corrected Batch Embarrassed Embarrassed...but i still think he will be first name on the sheet Cheesy

Risser will be back,good player and the goal v Oxford shows me that.

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:33:33 »

Dont agree that he has writing them off arriba,he has plenty of players and he is tinkering(rightly or wrongly)as we know a manager can't win really as he is being told to put in players like Manks by fans who last year was saying he was shit and should be bombed out.
Commazi will be the first name on the sheet when fit,hence PDC making him captain....fans are very fickle,the fans who were slagging De Vita were praising him after his second half performance at Bristol and that good finish.
Fans slagging Di Canio after only five matches really need to get a grip,we dicked Oxford and Cheltenham without getting a result and maybe deserved a draw at Dags with a cert penalty turned down.
So we have lost by the odd goal in these matches,not great i know but people like Yeo calling for his head after five matches,do me a favour.

Di canio has stated that players are not as good as he thought they were. Agree he has tinkered but that isn't a good thing as we are losing games. Think Manks deserves a chance to stake a claim for a place like any other player,but he aint had that opportunity. Too early to call for Di canios head, but another 5 matches with a poor points return and the patience many are showing will wear thinner by the day.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:36:36 »

I stand corrected Batch Embarrassed Embarrassed...but i still think he will be first name on the sheet Cheesy

Risser will be back,good player and the goal v Oxford shows me that.
Risser didn't even get off the bench?!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:38:28 »

Di canio has stated that players are not as good as he thought they were. Agree he has tinkered but that isn't a good thing as we are losing games. Think Manks deserves a chance to stake a claim for a place like any other player,but he aint had that opportunity. Too early to call for Di canios head, but another 5 matches with a poor points return and the patience many are showing will wear thinner by the day.

I like Manks but if PDC has seen in training that his fitness is piss poor then thats his decision,fact is arriba sacking a manager is not always the right thing to do whatever the results....i didn't want Wilson to be sacked,wonder how he is doing these days Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:39:58 »

Risser didn't even get off the bench?!

Read the thread Bunny,i was on about Commazzi not Risser.

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:42:08 »

I like Manks but if PDC has seen in training that his fitness is piss poor then thats his decision,fact is arriba sacking a manager is not always the right thing to do whatever the results....i didn't want Wilson to be sacked,wonder how he is doing these days Wink

Is fitness the reason for Manks not getting a game?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:44:37 »

I think so, i watched three training sessions including the one at the Open Day and he just dosn't move well arriba,i may be wrong and probably am but i cannot see no other reason than that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:53:37 »

Is fitness the reason for Manks not getting a game?

Does anyone really know?

I remember last season we were told he was injured but joteddyred said her dad (?) saw him in the gym all the time and he claimed he was fit?

Either way, whether you rate him or you dont - Amankwaah has not been given a chance under Di Canio what so ever.

Timlin was given a chance, seemed to take it and now Di Canio has done a massive u-turn.

If that isnt freezing out players I dont know what is.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: