Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC V STFC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42333 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:43:48 »

Agree with you Leefer. The idea that the players played shit because they got shouted at is a lame excuse.
They would have had pelters from various people during their time playing football. I'm sure they would have felt at times it was unjustified too.

I'm not making fucking excuses for anyone. Just trying to understand what the hell is happening.

It's not so much a matter of being shouted at, more along the lines of, you're playing pretty well, you're a goal up and you think you're going to get a bit of a pat on the back then....the manager comes in, starts shouting and screaming, says the whole way you're playing is wrong, says you're not putting the effort (when you know you have been). Maybe you go out for the second half thinking, 'fuck, I put everything in in the first half but he says I'm playing like a cunt. What do do? I thought I was doing exactly what he'd asked me to but now he says I'm not. What do I do?' and so on. If you go out for the second half in that frame of mind you're probably not going to put in the best of performances. In short, you think that whatever you do is going to be wrong...maybe what I described didn't happen, this is all pure speculation (obviously).

If it did happen though, the fact is that whilst its easy to say that players should bounce back and say, "Fuck him, I'll show the bastard", not everyone is like that and you have to recognize that as a manager. Maybe Clough did rip into his team at half time even when they were winning. But I bet he knew when not to as well.

I know some people think footbal is very black and white. They think players are good enough or not. They think they should be able to just come in the side and play together. Just like that, right from day 1 and it should all click. They think there is no human element involved.

That's bollocks.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:52:45 »

Looks like we'll be giving a lot of credit to the Shrewsbury's, and the Dagenhams, and the Cheltenhams. Bravo, well done them.

But none of those other games you mentioned were, as the cliche goes, a game of two halves so what's your point?

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:54:11 »

I'm not making fucking excuses for anyone. Just trying to understand what the hell is happening.

It's not so much a matter of being shouted at, more along the lines of, you're playing pretty well, you're a goal up and you think you're going to get a bit of a pat on the back then....the manager comes in, starts shouting and screaming, says the whole way you're playing is wrong, says you're not putting the effort (when you know you have been). Maybe you go out for the second half thinking, 'fuck, I put everything in in the first half but he says I'm playing like a cunt. What do do? I thought I was doing exactly what he'd asked me to but now he says I'm not. What do I do?' and so on. If you go out for the second half in that frame of mind you're probably not going to put in the best of performances. In short, you think that whatever you do is going to be wrong...maybe what I described didn't happen, this is all pure speculation (obviously).

If it did happen though, the fact is that whilst its easy to say that players should bounce back and say, "Fuck him, I'll show the bastard", not everyone is like that and you have to recognize that as a manager. Maybe Clough did rip into his team at half time even when they were winning. But I bet he knew when not to as well.

I know some people think footbal is very black and white. They think players are good enough or not. They think they should be able to just come in the side and play together. Just like that, right from day 1 and it should all click. They think there is no human element involved.

That's bollocks.

chill man. Wasn't posting in response to you. Infact i pretty much agree with what you said.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 22:02:07 »

chill man. Wasn't posting in response to you. Infact i pretty much agree with what you said.

I am chilled sir. I was merely seeking to clarify my original point which I hope I have done  Cool
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 22:02:55 »

Well the fact is Paolo wouldn't know when to or not to bollock players on account of him only managing six games,and that is time for the older pros to understand this and help him....not cry off and start the verbals ala Timlin if the rumours are true.

For people on here slating a manager who is 6 games into management disapoints me,not as if it is Wilson or Hart with all the experience,course i am as pissed off as everyone where we are in the table but that will change i have no doubt.
And i will tell you that Ferry is on thin ice if he is twatting about stuff that happened at half time.
Not sure if he did but if he did he may find himself surplus to requirements fairly soon.

Anyway Mr Taylor hope you had a good weekend Grin

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 22:05:15 »

I am chilled sir. I was merely seeking to clarify my original point which I hope I have done  Cool

most certainly sir
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #441 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 22:07:09 »

We all knew the appointment was going to be great or shit. At the moment its veering towards the latter but it needs a bit more time yet. If we're still in the same position come the end of November then we may need to bail out but somehow i think he'll bail out before we do. I also think he'd rip his contract up. We're not there yet so hold tight for a few more games.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 23:35:34 »

and that is time for the older pros to understand this and help him....not cry off and start the verbals ala Timlin if the rumours are true.

None of the rumours I've heard/read mention 'verbals' in the slightest.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 07:17:42 »

Anyway Mr Taylor hope you had a good weekend Grin

I did thanks mate, in spite of Swindon Cunting Town trying their level best to ruin it for me..it'll take more than that though  Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 07:24:32 »

most certainly sir

Oooh, I like this. Very civilized. I think this is the way forward for TEF...less 'cunts' and more 'sirs' Cool
Muffin Man

« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 12:45:04 »

But it's a serious point, no?

You seem to suggest that the role reversal was all down to Di Canio throwing some sort of wobbler at half time yet you don't account for Turner firing them up. Pretty sure they'd see us a big scalp - PDC effect - and had lost 3 on the bounce so I'd be banging into them that we were there for the taking. And they did.

Credit where credit's due and all that.

This point is very true and a different way of looking at it, there were 2 sides out there not just Swindon, maybe Turner did get them fired up more 2nd half and gave them the bollocking of their life and they responded to it, whereas we didn't.
Panda Paws

« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 12:57:10 »

'lets hear it for the Mexicans'.

Three cheers for Ramirez...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 13:39:41 »

i was away all weekend (not at the football) and have now read the thread from pretty much the full time whistle.

just a couple of things to add... 

couple of people moaning about the players not getting home until 6 in the afternoon - stevenage trained 9 to 5 all of last season and went up, if they could do it why should another group of players not be able to.

as OST said players are human, what if your boss tells you that your doing a shit job even though you've just made the company more money than your colleagues for example?  you go out to work unmotivated and moan to your family and friend that your boss is a cunt?  yes of course you do...

as has also been said pdc is in his first job, he is going to make mistakes and my opinion on the evidence available to me was that he made a mistake at half time, all we can do now is hope he will learn from it
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 13:52:00 »

I want to know more about PDC's assistant. Sure he's just as inexperienced in terms of the league he's in, but this isn't his first job, I wonder if he's been able to have a word with Paolo about when is and isn't a good time for a tongue lashing. IF he did give them a dressing down, maybe it'd be better to wait for post match analysis. A little bit of encouragement in a situation where we go in at HT with nearly 2/3 possession and a lead, rather than a bollocking.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:21:01 »

But none of those other games you mentioned were, as the cliche goes, a game of two halves so what's your point?

The point is, he isnt managing the team very well at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: