Pages: 1 ... 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967407 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6270 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 14:43:04 »

I'm glad somebody looked that up. I started looking myself but soon realised that I didn;t know where to start.

Free Map Tools is the planners friend.

https://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6271 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 22:05:20 »

If Town could ever purchase/own that whole area (inc Cricket Ground and Athletics track), that works out about 10 hectares. That's a serious chunk of land to play with.

Let's not forget, there is already a cricket field and running track (albeit grass) over the road at the College. surely with some serious partnership or integration the Swindon CC and Swindon AC could be moved to the college (with the promise of having purpose built facilities).

A brand new CG could then be plonked somewhere in the middle of all three of the old sites and hey McPresto. A new ground, still on site.

I know nothing about who owns any of the existing sites, about serious planning (a la Horlock) and/or the possibilities of creating a partnership with the college but surely someone with more gusto than I has considered the land around and how things could be shuffled? In not only a more efficient way but almost certainly more positive, going toward the future too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6272 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 05:51:26 »

A very rough calculation on line suggests that Ashton Gate physically (without car parks etc) occupies c. 2.5 hectares, the country ground 1.94 although that doesn't include the car park. Not sure who owns all the ground behind the DRS?

I seem to recall that all the land around the ground is in one freehold title and presumably the registered proprietor is the council. Official copy entries are available from Land Registry for £3.

Nothing to see here
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6273 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 08:44:20 »

If Town could ever purchase/own that whole area (inc Cricket Ground and Athletics track), that works out about 10 hectares. That's a serious chunk of land to play with.

Let's not forget, there is already a cricket field and running track (albeit grass) over the road at the College. surely with some serious partnership or integration the Swindon CC and Swindon AC could be moved to the college (with the promise of having purpose built facilities).

A brand new CG could then be plonked somewhere in the middle of all three of the old sites and hey McPresto. A new ground, still on site.

I know nothing about who owns any of the existing sites, about serious planning (a la Horlock) and/or the possibilities of creating a partnership with the college but surely someone with more gusto than I has considered the land around and how things could be shuffled? In not only a more efficient way but almost certainly more positive, going toward the future too.

?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6274 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 12:29:46 »

?

If you have a question Reg. Do talk. Not like you to be shy. I thought you might be the man to inform about all of the above and reason why or why not, and so on.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6275 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:17:57 »

I missed this one last week.

The Cowleys sacked by Huddersfield. Couldn't have happened to a nicer couple of individuals.

10 months after costing £500k from Lincoln! their style and overall demeanor upset the Huddersfield board and fans.

I think they will fail because they have not adapted to promotion in the way that they will have to at Huddersfield.

The Huddersfield fans will not take kindly to that style even if it gets results, also they will be working with far superior quality players who will not want to play that style either.

At Lincoln they had a lot of players on board with their ideas, they were willing to run into the ground for them as they themselves were rejects from other clubs mostly.

It will be at least the transfer window before they can get the players in to play their way as with them its play the Cowley way or the highway as they did when they took over at Lincoln.

They have (so far) bought players to play a system and not played a system to suit the players which will be a new concept to them up there.

Just my own gut feeling but I think they will not succeed, certainly if they don't themselves adapt and the style of play too.
Actually proved right for once!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6276 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:30:22 »

The Cowleys sacked by Huddersfield. Couldn't have happened to a nicer couple of individuals.

10 months after costing £500k from Lincoln! their style and overall demeanor upset the Huddersfield board and fans.

TBF to the Cowleys, when they took on Terriers, they had 1 point form the opening half dozen games and were at the foot of the table.... added on to the previous seasons efforts, it was a side heading for Div 3 that had forgoten how to win. Managing to keep them up this seson would have been their first target... they succeeded.
REDBUCK

« Reply #6277 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:32:46 »

Well a 50/50 shot
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6278 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:37:40 »

The chairman wanted full control of transfers and the manager wouldnt have it. Good for him standing up to the chairman i say
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6279 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:38:19 »

Well a 50/50 shot
To be sacked in 10 months I would call that a win. Not that many managers would keep their side up and be sacked inside 10 months.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #6280 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:38:52 »

The chairman wanted full control of transfers and the manager wouldnt have it. Good for him standing up to the chairman i say
Like Williams didnt do Wink

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6281 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:39:08 »

TBF to the Cowleys, when they took on Terriers, they had 1 point form the opening half dozen games and were at the foot of the table.... added on to the previous seasons efforts, it was a side heading for Div 3 that had forgoten how to win. Managing to keep them up this seson would have been their first target... they succeeded.

Absolutely, they have actually succeeded now at all 3 clubs they have been at.

2 successive relegations would have been an absolute disaster. Huddersfield want to go in different direction now, fair enough, Cowley’s stock is still high and probably won’t have too much of issue getting another decent(ish) gig
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6282 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:41:47 »

Absolutely, they have actually succeeded now at all 3 clubs they have been at.

2 successive relegations would have been an absolute disaster. Huddersfield want to go in different direction now, fair enough, Cowley’s stock is still high and probably won’t have too much of issue getting another decent(ish) gig
Back to Lincoln when Appleton is sacked after a poor start to the season.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #6283 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:44:14 »

They'll probably end up at whichever decent sized League 1 club pulls the trigger on their current gaffer first. Could see them at an Ipswich or Peterborough if they start the season poorly.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6284 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:44:40 »

Villa sack their Sporting Director

https://trainingground.guru/articles/aston-villa-sack-sporting-director-pitarch
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: