Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 [240]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 468795 times)
Saxondale

+35/-6

Ignore
« Reply #3585 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 16:08:01 »

Did no one mention the report that 10 of the prem clubs could have turned a profit without any fans attending the games?

I don think I really want to be in the premiership.  Which is lucky as its not looking to be on the horizon in this lifetime.

Never knowingly overstated.
Tails

+43/-51

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3586 on: Today at 09:49:56 »

Did no one mention the report that 10 of the prem clubs could have turned a profit without any fans attending the games?

I don think I really want to be in the premiership.  Which is lucky as its not looking to be on the horizon in this lifetime.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the PL just split from the Football League completely.
Wobbly Bob

+38/-15

Ignore
« Reply #3587 on: Today at 10:46:21 »

I honestly wouldn't mind if the PL just split from the Football League completely.

Next step could be a "European Super League" with fixtures at weekends and domestic games shunted to midweek, so devaluing the domestic leagues, with players being rested ahead of the "big game" on a Saturday or Sunday.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/european-football-premier-league-what-how-which-teams-arsene-wenger/

A breakaway league would be good. I suspect that the viewing public would soon grow tired of it though.
Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are ok in small doses but not every week.

What remained of the PL would either be topped up with Championship clubs or just amalgamate back into the EFL once they get fed up with Burnley winning the PL every year.

This musing prompted me to look up the G-14.
Apparently this has been replaced by the European Club Association.
The "big 6" in England are "ordinary members" with Everton, Leicester and err Newcastle being "associated members".

Now you give me everything.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 [240]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: