Pages: 1 ... 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1977103 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6255 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 08:54:45 »

Promotion to the Premier league would give him hero status there thats for sure, although we did it 27 years ago first Wink

At least he will have some backing there from Lansdowne who will probably near break the bank to get them there, got a lot of deadwood to get rid of first, underperforming players on large wages brought in by Johnson to play a very different style of football from Hughton. He will need a complete overhaul and it will be very difficult offloading high earners who have not performed.

Massive loss for Lansdowne to soak up.

Difficult gig and difficult fans to appease for any new manager. Fans with far higher expectation than previous success should indicate.

Spot on lots to change there but it helps having a billionaire chairman. Sadly them and us are now a million miles apart as they have a great stadium, fantastic training facilities close by and a huge catchment to average over 20,000

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6256 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 08:58:19 »

Spot on lots to change there but it helps having a billionaire chairman. Sadly them and us are now a million miles apart as they have a great stadium, fantastic training facilities close by and a huge catchment to average over 20,000
I don't even consider them as rivals now, they have taken a  step up to be a challenging team in the Championship, Premier division 2, all because they have a very rich fan owner, something almost every other club can only dream about.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6257 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 09:00:25 »

I don't even consider them as rivals now, they have taken a  step up to be a challenging team in the Championship, Premier division 2, all because they have a very rich fan owner, something almost every other club can only dream about.
Yeah, but we’ve got Power!

Wonder who will be post Power? Another shark or a more interested Andrew Black?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6258 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 09:02:20 »

Some 'saviour' lauded by the likes of the FB group only to end up being a complete crook ala Jed.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6259 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 09:04:45 »

No excuses for them now as they have it all in place to get out of the championship but as we all know it's so hard to achieve as Leeds found out

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6260 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 09:07:07 »

Power had made no bones about wanting to move the club on but doesnt have the funding himself so it will have to be under a different owner. That could well be sooner rather than later.

Unlikely we will ever get a fan/owner who has money because there doesn't seem to be any Town fans willing to invest so the best we can hope for is someone who doesnt NEED to make money from the club and can afford to lose whatever he puts in.

Thats very unlikely, but one more good season and get promotion, however unlikely that is right now, will put us as a club more into the shop window and attract better buyers who can see the club as a forward moving business.

Power is no mug and will be not be undersold and will want more than his original investment back or have revenue schemes in place that when he leaves he can still get money from the club. Likely via the training complex.

« Last Edit: Friday, July 24, 2020, 09:09:09 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6261 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 09:25:56 »

The problem about getting promoted to the Championship is the enormous funding increase needed from L1.

Even some of those owners of Championship clubs now who are extremely wealthy are balking at the cost of trying to compete.

It’s why a modern stadium is a must - the transformation of Ashton Gate was their springboard.
Flashheart

« Reply #6262 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 09:28:58 »

There's usually a basket case or two each season in the Championship, which will help give new clubs a better chance of surviving their first season. It'll get easier for them after that - for want of a better word
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6263 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 09:50:57 »

The problem about getting promoted to the Championship is the enormous funding increase needed from L1.

Even some of those owners of Championship clubs now who are extremely wealthy are balking at the cost of trying to compete.

It’s why a modern stadium is a must - the transformation of Ashton Gate was their springboard.

Its a different bloody world isn't it.

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #6264 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 10:20:01 »

Its a different bloody world isn't it.

Perfect set up that. Something we as a club need to aspire too
Flashheart

« Reply #6265 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 10:26:45 »

That is impressive.

One day, Rodney. One day.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6266 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 10:29:28 »

That is impressive.

One day, Rodney. One day.

Problem is (suspect this is for another thread) I don't think we have the footprint, its great the club potentially owning the ground, but to do what they have done you need space and apart from the car park behind the TE we just haven't got space on the site have we.

The absence of any sort of boxes at the CG sadly sums things up.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6267 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 13:29:15 »

Problem is (suspect this is for another thread) I don't think we have the footprint, its great the club potentially owning the ground, but to do what they have done you need space and apart from the car park behind the TE we just haven't got space on the site have we.

The absence of any sort of boxes at the CG sadly sums things up.
I think we'd have the space, remember even Ashton Gate has the one stand that is restricted by the houses behind it and how close they are able to build.
He we the DRS has the large green space behind it, the Arkells you could probably build up and over the road way behind it and obviously the Town End has the car park behind it. The footprint is probably pretty similar to Ashton Gate.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6268 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 14:22:08 »

I think we'd have the space, remember even Ashton Gate has the one stand that is restricted by the houses behind it and how close they are able to build.
He we the DRS has the large green space behind it, the Arkells you could probably build up and over the road way behind it and obviously the Town End has the car park behind it. The footprint is probably pretty similar to Ashton Gate.

A very rough calculation on line suggests that Ashton Gate physically (without car parks etc) occupies c. 2.5 hectares, the country ground 1.94 although that doesn't include the car park. Not sure who owns all the ground behind the DRS?
Flashheart

« Reply #6269 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 14:23:42 »

A very rough calculation on line suggests that Ashton Gate physically (without car parks etc) occupies c. 2.5 hectares, the country ground 1.94 although that doesn't include the car park. Not sure who owns all the ground behind the DRS?

I'm glad somebody looked that up. I started looking myself but soon realised that I didn;t know where to start.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: