Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town-Official Match Day Thread.  (Read 26116 times)
Ctfc Robin

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:09:07 »

Pretty poor match all around today.  Started off the first 15 to 20 fairly brightly and on top but started to get a bit nervous when we weren't able to get anything from it.  Cheltenham are a pretty poor side and took about 35 mins to string 3 passes together but we didn't seem to be able to show any real threat.
I thought the defence was fairly solid throughout, with Flint standing out again and Kennedy making some good overlaps. Nathan Thompson at RM didn't seem to work and no surprise that he was first to be subbed.  Risser seems fairly anonymous in midfield where we really need a playmaker to make things happen.  McCormack seemed to fade as the game progressed but showed some good signs early on. Ritchie was clearly earmarked as the dangerman and was given very little space but did OK.  Esajas looked lively when he came on and showed promise for the future.
The biggest problem imo was up-front.  Neither DeVita or Bodin have the physical presence needed at this level and neither had any real chances to run against the defenders either.  We desperately need the big man PdC is seeking.  Connell again looked lively but had little in the way of real chances.

Overall very disappointing and we are going to need to improve a fair bit to challenge for promotion - but as its only the
2nd game for this team I'm not too despondent - just not great living in Cheltenham after this result!

funny how when little old Cheltenham win we are always a poor side  Clap. I think you had two real chances one hit post and the other brown saved. Yates game plan worked not to play prity football but grind a result out. League two is a harder league than some think we have been back in this division two years now and it's not easy to get back out of.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:15:34 »

I thought we were by far the better team today, just lacked anything up front. Bodin and De Vita are not good enough and far too lightweight.
Ref was a cunt and it was a stonewall penalty.

Still, had a good day out, a load of beer, and just polished off a kebab.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:18:37 »

Anyone else a little concerned that we may get outmuscled too easily this season. Especially away from home. De Vita looks lightweight to me
woolster

« Reply #243 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:19:11 »

I thought we were by far the better team today, just lacked anything up front. Bodin and De Vita are not good enough and far too lightweight.
Ref was a cunt and it was a stonewall penalty.

Still, had a good day out, a load of beer, and just polished off a kebab.
rugby club kebab
Coca Fola

« Reply #244 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:19:42 »

It's not the end of the world though is it? And as for being treated shabbily as a football fan on a train it happens - a lot - get over it.
Still doesn't make it right. Well its the first time this has happened to me, and twice in a day. Maybe I need to get used to it and get on with it, if its all part and parcel of being an adult.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:28:36 »

Still doesn't make it right. Well its the first time this has happened to me, and twice in a day. Maybe I need to get used to it and get on with it, if its all part and parcel of being an adult.

Life in general isn't fair CF, you'll get used to it
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:32:49 »

No it doesn't and I have no wish to be unsympathetic but if you write stuff like "fuck the game 'cos I was charged an extra 35/6p on a pint of beer" then TEF is going to be pretty ruthless.

I'm coming by train next week from Didcot and I expect loads of hassle

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:35:43 »

rugby club kebab

Nah mate, Cavvy (Zeera). Fuck me, it was spicy!
Coca Fola

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:36:16 »

No it doesn't and I have no wish to be unsympathetic but if you write stuff like "fuck the game 'cos I was charged an extra 35/6p on a pint of beer" then TEF is going to be pretty ruthless.

I'm coming by train next week from Didcot and I expect loads of hassle

Not because of the price. Because I was forcibly chucked out of a pub because of it.
Coca Fola

« Reply #249 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:37:35 »

Anyway lets leave it at that. Had enough arguments today.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 20:54:25 »

Anyway lets leave it at that. Had enough arguments today.
Get some beer down you ( if anywhere will let you in and you don't get pissy about the price ) and come back in a couple of hours and have a good old fashioned TEF meltdown. we've not had one for a few days.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:02:20 »

funny how when little old Cheltenham win we are always a poor side  Clap. I think you had two real chances one hit post and the other brown saved. Yates game plan worked not to play prity football but grind a result out. League two is a harder league than some think we have been back in this division two years now and it's not easy to get back out of.

Yes you are a poor side, and today so were we.
I'm under no illusions that this division will be easy but there are a lot of poor sides.
I expect that Cheltenham will finish towards the bottom end of the table but will grind out enough ugly results to survive.
I expect us to finish in the top half but we will need to play very much better than today, which I expect we will as our players start to gel and we get some better strikers in.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:06:21 »

Get some beer down you ( if anywhere will let you in and you don't get pissy about the price ) and come back in a couple of hours and have a good old fashioned TEF meltdown. we've not had one for a few days.

A little bit off topic (well totally really) but....Chalkie's Shorts....just listening to 'Prairie Wind'.....loving it (not that it's the first time I've heard it)....What do you reckon to it?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:07:07 »

A win next Sunday and today will be a far off memory,of course a point or better midweek will make it even more the sweeter.
Ctfc Robin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:09:43 »

Yes you are a poor side, and today so were we.
I'm under no illusions that this division will be easy but there are a lot of poor sides.
I expect that Cheltenham will finish towards the bottom end of the table but will grind out enough ugly results to survive.
I expect us to finish in the top half but we will need to play very much better than today, which I expect we will as our players start to gel and we get some better strikers in.
Each to there own but I think when darl Duffy is fit we will score more goal I think mid table for us.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: