Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town-Official Match Day Thread.  (Read 26114 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:04:45 »

Anyway it says 1.99
Coca Fola

« Reply #211 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:04:50 »

2. On the train back I have a valid staff travel pass that lets me sit in first class. Coppers come up moving everyone along. I show my pass and without even checking it they ask me to move along. I say that I will speak to the train manager, they say they will arrest me. Then I go speak to the woman at the buffet, she agrees with me. Said coppers walk up to me and challenge me again. "I'd suggest you leave it mate, I've handled guns before, you'te just a kid." Then when I say I'll be making a complaint they say how unfortunate it would be for my mum to lose my job. Absolutely out of order. If I wasn't in a football shirt it wouldn't have happened.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:04:59 »

I'm amazed anyone has the gall to charge actual money for Fosters.
woolster

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:05:19 »

1. I was in the Hog's Head after the game. I asked what their cheapest pint was (being a student and all that). He said Fosters £2.00. I said fair enough. Brings me the pint and then says £2.35. I say its £2 as advertised on the site. He calls the manager and says I insulted him. Manager calls the security, I get taken out by the bouncers in full view of everyone. I'm 18 and I was 40 this would not have happened.

Here's link to their prices, http://www.pub-explorer.com/gloucs/pub/hogsheadcheltenham.htm

DRINKS PROMOTIONS

ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Pint Fosters / John Smiths / Strongbow  £1.99.
i disagree,the result was worse Pint
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:05:27 »

That's a heinous and despicable crime and I hope the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Are there any pictures that might help us understand the true magnitude of these actions?

http://twitpic.com/65fwnq

A Bratford fan posted it on Twitter earlier.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:05:35 »

1. I was in the Hog's Head after the game. I asked what their cheapest pint was (being a student and all that). He said Fosters £2.00. I said fair enough. Brings me the pint and then says £2.35. I say its £2 as advertised on the site. He calls the manager and says I insulted him. Manager calls the security, I get taken out by the bouncers in full view of everyone. I'm 18 and I was 40 this would not have happened.

Here's link to their prices, http://www.pub-explorer.com/gloucs/pub/hogsheadcheltenham.htm

DRINKS PROMOTIONS

ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Pint Fosters / John Smiths / Strongbow  £1.99.

Quite rightly thrown out for drinking Fosters
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:06:02 »

And on to a proper player review. With the caveat that harsh scores mean I think they played badly, but do not mean I think the player is rubbish, Di Canio doesn't know what he's doing, etc, etc.

Scores:

Smith 7 - Handling and shot stopping bang on. Kicking woeful hence knocked down a mark. H'e obviously been told to hit the wings but hasn't the accuracy to do so.

Kennedy 7 - Reasonably good I thought. Tried to whip in an early cross or three, overlapped well.

Flint 7 - Mostly very very good. But player a lot of Matty Heywood style hoofs - which is unfortunate because he seems to have a reasonable touch and pass.

Devera - 5 - The bloke gives me no confidence. But he's played at this level enough and has stood out. So I guess he's still settling in.

Caddis 6 - Did OK, played a few good cross field balls. Didn't stand out though.

Thomson - 6 Not sure why he was starting (will check in a minute). Didn't do anything wrong, but didn't really stand out much either.

Risser - 5 Another disappointing and anonymous game. He's not yet imposing himself in the slightest.

McCormac - 7 - Looked the better central midfielder by a mile. Was more competitive physically and tried to play the ball around. Broke up attacks. Faded after half time.

Ritchie 5 - Didn't do much of note, though clearly tried. Just one of those games. Maybe 5 is harsh, but I have high expectations when it comes to Ritchie.

Bodin 6 -Good movement, should have had a penalty. But ultimately dominated by the Cheltenham defence.

Di Vita 6 - See Bodin.
-----------
Connell 6 - Looked lively but didn't get a clear chance
Esejas - 7 Looked full of running. And he ran straight at the tiring Cheltenham defenders.
Ferry 6 - Looked OK but limited game time
----------------------------------------------
Its a bit of a worry we look impotent up front. Its a shame we played hoofball as we looked better with the ball on the deck. There are flashes were moves seem to click, but they are a bit few and far between at the moment. That said there has to be an adjustment period needed where the players not only get used to each other, but the pace of the league, etc.

At least we are back to earth after the Crewe game. Its interesting that Crewe have lost all 3 games they have played this season too..
Coca Fola

« Reply #217 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:06:28 »

I'm normally up for a joke and a laugh but I'm not really in the mood for it atm. So don't be offended if I bite.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:08:13 »

Then when I say I'll be making a complaint they say how unfortunate it would be for my mum to lose my job.

I dont get this bit
Coca Fola

« Reply #219 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:08:32 »

The thing that takes the fucking biscuit is that my dad rang me to say that the bar staff wanted to apologise afterwards but that I still COULDN'T drink in there. An apology implies that you acknowledge that you are at fault. So why not let me fucking drink in there?!?!
Coca Fola

« Reply #220 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:09:03 »

I dont get this bit
They know my mum through work. Complete dicks, when they put the uniform on they know they can say/do anything they want.
Coca Fola

« Reply #221 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:09:43 »

I've taken their police numbers anyway. Shall be making a complaint. Nothing will come of it but it gives them more to do, fuck me around, I fuck you around.
woolster

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:09:51 »

who was your MOTM batch
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:10:01 »

They know my mum through work. Complete dicks, when they put the uniform on they know they can say/do anything they want.

sorry, didnt realise
Coca Fola

« Reply #224 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 19:10:40 »

Sorry if I'm a little bit edgy. About the game, we have no cutting edge up front, what won it for them was aerial threat. Both with their defending and with their attacking.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: