Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town-Official Match Day Thread.  (Read 25888 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 11:48:17 »

Please learn to write properly
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 12:54:28 »

I wrote something more properly about the game:
http://thewashbag.com/2011/08/14/cheltenham-town-1-swindon-town-0-same-old-swindon/

I don't think I disagree with too many people on here, except I feel De Vita will have something to offer but he really needs to calm down in the box. He could have set up or scored a couple with better decision making, or a strike partner that complements rather than mirror him.

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 12:57:39 by A Gent Orange » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 12:58:20 »

Was anything mentioned about the absence of Smith and Timlin from the squad? Injury? Plain dropped?

The only thing I heard was that Timlin had a row with Di Canio - but that was some pissed bloke in the bogs at Cheltenham so I assume it was BS, unless something was said on the radio?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 13:03:50 »

The only thing I heard was that Timlin had a row with Di Canio - but that was some pissed bloke in the bogs at Cheltenham so I assume it was BS, unless something was said on the radio?

Heard that too, but again was just from some bloke in the crowd. So still probably BS..

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 13:39:03 »

They did have a disagreement
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 13:47:08 »

This is the first ive heard about Timlin? Maybe he's not happy about playing on the left?

Had an interesting time watching the game from the home side of the In 2 Print stand, me and my mate nearly gave ourselves away when McCormack hit the post!

Good away day with plenty of pubs just a shame we couldn't get the result but its all a learning curve for Paolo and our new players.
Am sure Tuesday will be better.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 13:59:15 »

On another note risser has written a piece in the league paper today
König

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:00:03 »

On another note risser has written a piece in the league paper today

anything interesting?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:04:06 »

I think we can assume that Timlin might go out on loan then once these new dudes are signed up? We'll have 4 wingers and 4 central midfielders without him in the team. Reckon Amankwaah and possibly Bodin out on loan by the end of August as well.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:07:52 »

I think we can assume that Timlin might go out on loan then once these new dudes are signed up? We'll have 4 wingers and 4 central midfielders without him in the team. Reckon Amankwaah and possibly Bodin out on loan by the end of August as well.

I agree, I would also predict that if Timlin & Di canio have had a falling out would make Mr Ferrys place safer...

tans

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:14:09 »

anything interesting?

Just how hes settling etc
Coca Fola

« Reply #296 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:22:17 »

0-0 probabaly would've been fair. But then I can't really complain about us losing because we let them have a free header from a corner.
As has been said by everyone from manager to fans - we need the big CF, De Vita and Bodin are decent players, but I can't see them forging a partnership, not down here anway.
Cheltenham were poor, bizarre how the Cheltenham fan can't see it.
I'm not very big and I don't think I'd do a job up front.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:23:30 »

Quite rightly thrown out for drinking Fosters

.....and for being a student

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 18:48:57 »

First 20 I thought we were gonna win quite comfortably.De Vitta looked dangerous and unsettled their defenders,then he missed a simple chance and seemed to fade badly.Atremendous effort from McCormack that hit the post and that was pretty much it from an attacking point of view.Seen Bodin a few times now and just dont think he is going to cut it at first team level.McCormack was the pick of the midfield first half,couldnt understand the selection of Thompson and would have made the change half an hour earlier.Ritchie biggest disappointment for me,disappearing up blind alleys and not delivering the end product.Impressed with both full backs getting forward,Flint outstanding first half,not so good second.The way Comazzi was warming up felt sure he was going to come on second half.As people have commented Risser WAS anonymous after the first 20 and should not be exempt from criticism just cos he is new.IMO Flint would make a better captain.Ferry was busy coming on,Esejas promising but overall disappointed with the lack of creativity.Cheltenham were very poor and we were no better really-an overweight Ruddockalike scored the winner and that summed up the day.A very unenjoyable day after a 4 hour drive and having to stand among Cheltenham fans.Caddis best of a poor bunch for me.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 19:37:59 »

....oh and Kaid Mohammed is still shite!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: