Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102748 times)
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:26:37 »

Once the fixtures are released next month, I'll start planning games I can get to home and away. This past week I was pleased to read that Prutton had been shipped out and LJF was offered a new contract. I'm vehemently anti-fascist and would prefer Di Canio had nothing to do with STFC but the club was here long before Di Canio arrived and will be here long after Di Canio departs. I'm not comfortable with him being our manager and I doubt I ever will be, I have a nagging thought at the back of my head that suffixes everything positive I can think about him with 'but he's a fascist'.

I have friends who have religious beliefs that I think absurd. I have friends who are as apolitical as possible. I have friends who have appalling taste in music. I judge them on their actions and the people that they are so it's entirely hypocritical of me to write him off before he opened his mouth. I'm still torn but it was slightly childish of me to not give him a chance. So I will. I'm fickle.

Needless to say, the first sign of a 'Roman' salute or Di Canio flexing his tattoos in the dugout and that is me done and dusted.
Good post. I am with you on 99% of what you say, BUT the Jewish thing is a HUGE issue for me and the friends I am in support of.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:29:17 »

Dorset...

Please. From someone who used to make a complete knob of himself on here (and yes, that was bad cider in those days...not that that is an excuse).

Leave it alone mate. Just calm down. Take four thousand, two hundred and sixteen steps backwards and think about what you sound like.
Do I sound cross? Good! Do I sound like a twat? Yes I hear you all scream ( Wink), but I will never appease a fascist. If that means I am unlike 99% of other Town fans, then long may it continue.

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:30:46 »

except at away games?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #468 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:34:27 »

I have decided i won't be attending any games anymore at the county ground. My Great grandad was german and germans and ukraines were held as pow at the county ground and i am disgusted my club can be associated with that sort of thing.

I'm making a stand
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:37:12 »

I have decided i won't be attending any games anymore at the county ground. My Great grandad was german and germans and ukraines were held as pow at the county ground and i am disgusted my club can be associated with that sort of thing.

I'm making a stand
Oh I just can't help rising to the bait. I suspect all those held at the CG were combatants and I don't think anybody was murdered at the County Ground so it is a little different methinks.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:39:01 »

except at away games?
By only attending away league games I wont be putting any money into STFC's coffers and, therefore, won't be contributing (no matter how insignificantly) to the payment of Di Canio's salary. Quite simple really.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #471 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:43:04 »

Oh I just can't help rising to the bait. I suspect all those held at the CG were combatants and I don't think anybody was murdered at the County Ground so it is a little different methinks.
and here we have it. I suspect and think di canio does not wish death upon all jews and gays and blacks. There is no right or wrong answer in this argument there is only peoples personal opinions. Maybe we should all start respecting eachothers opinions?

Not directed straight at you DR
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:47:51 »

I honestly cannot see how supporting your club at home equates to appeasing fascism.
Talk Talk

« Reply #473 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:15:26 »

Do I sound cross? Good! Do I sound like a twat? Yes I hear you all scream ( Wink), but I will never appease a fascist. If that means I am unlike 99% of other Town fans, then long may it continue.

You only quoted the first few paragraphs of my post. Here's the rest:

99.9999% of Town fans probably don't give a monkey's uncle what political persuasion PdC is. I certainly don't. You might want to listen to the very perceptive and intelligent interview that Jeremy Wray gave on unveiling day. They didn't ask him about it. Or his thoughts on gays, transsexuals, butch lesbians, black white, yellow or green people, catholics, Lutherans, Rapturists (sp?), people from the planet Zog or Betelgeuse.

Why? Because it really doesn't matter my friend. It is irrelevant. He's managing a fucking football team, not starting the Fourth Reich in Swindon.

Anyway - we have (supposedly) freedom of speech and freedom of association in this country. So do you. You can spout your anti-fascist wailings as much as he can bang on about Mussolini and his love of the writings of any right wing philosophers if he wants. Just because you don't like it doesn't make you right.

Wounded lefties always want to play the outrage card. It makes me sick to be honest. Stalin killed millions of his own people just like Hitler killed millions of another group of people that he didn't like. Left and right meet at the 360 degrees of the political circle.

All politics is fucked up in my eyes. Left, right, centre. Anybody that wants power over others has to be sick and corrupt.

So calm down, chill out and drink beer like the rest of us. Put it to one side and get on the rollercoaster of 2011/12. You're a Town fan. Behave like one.

Response?

Btw, would you appease a Stalinist, a Marxist or a Trotskyist? And what does attending Town matches have to do with appeasement anyway? Apart from appeasing the manufacturers of the god awful burgers in the TE.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #474 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:17:33 »

Can't we talk about ghosts now instead?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #475 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:19:58 »

Dorset - just give it up. We accept you won't appease fascists - you've told us fuck knows how many times. We've got the point.
Actually, I'm going to stop supporting England. in 1938 the players gave the Nazi salute directly to Hitler, Goebeels, Hess etc. the stadium was draped in swatikas. If that wasn't appeasement I don't know what the fuck was.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:27:25 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:24:44 »

By only attending away league games I wont be putting any money into STFC's coffers

Well you will because the club get a percentage of the gate receipts..

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:37:55 »

Dorset - just give it up. We accept you won't appease fascists - you've told us fuck knows how many times. We've got the point.
Actually, I'm going to stop supporting England. in 1938 the players gave the Nazi salute directly to Hitler, Goebeels, Hess etc. the stadium was draped in swatikas. If that wasn't appeasement I don't know what the fuck was.

TBF the players didn't want to do this, but were told by an FA Official that they must.

The FA Official had received his instructions from the Foreign Office, then being run by Neville Chamberlain's Tory appeasers.

I've never liked Chamberlain since he scored against us at Field Mill in 85/86.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #478 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 20:46:50 »

Reg - I know but in my own stupid, futile, unintelligent way I was trying to point out that appeasement is nothing new - even if people didn't want to  do it. You're quite right the players were very angry about having to do this but then went out and won the game 6-3. The Germans annexed some Austrian players for the game as well. there is some good reading to be had about this game and the Olympic Games in Berlin in 1936.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 21:07:56 »

Can't we talk about ghosts now instead?
No such thing Wink
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: