Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 103365 times)
Melksham Red

« Reply #390 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 11:50:09 »

I'm convinced this issue only has the potential to ever exist on the internet.

A couple of voices repeating the same point over and over again turns into a 'discussion thread'

If dorset red exists in real life he would be sat in the corner of the pub agreeing with himself. Beers

Not saying it isn't a valid point he has, I don't agree with it personally, but realisically it represents the views of probably 0.005% of our paying customers. It's a non issue get over it and move on.
 Eat

Too true.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 11:50:19 »

The real issue here is Andy King, yay or nay?

Get him on board as Chief Scout I say?  What's the little scamp to up to these days anyway?  He's the original loveable rogue.

If by 'loveable rougue' you mean 'bit of a cunt', then I agree 100%. He is a loveable rogue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 11:50:52 »

Get him on board as Chief Scout I say?  What's the little scamp to up to these days anyway?  He's the original loveable rogue.

Long live the king!
Barry Scott

« Reply #393 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 11:51:34 »

I think he's chief scout at Plymouth. He discovered that Noone lad that Brighton bought.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 13:49:46 »

The key question on Di Canio (if you are concerned with his politics) is what does he believe in & more importantly how does that affect his ability to do the job. If he is labelled a Fascist you should define what that means. The Stereotypical "Facsist" is seen as some jackbooted neaderthal thug prison camp guard type. It's now too commonly used as a "label" for the far left to try & embarrass their political opponent. (eg> Any one who talked about immigration 5 years ago was labelled by some as "Fascist").
For the record I belive that the far left is as bad as the far right. Who was worse Stalin or Hitler. I would suggest that they were as bad as each other.
I would welcome the view of someone with a knowledge of italian polictics which is famous for being very diverse & comprises the ultra left & the ultra right. What is the italian definition.
As I said earlier Di Canio can have any label you want to place on him, but the true test of the man is what he does. If his closest friends & associates include a gay man & a balck man I would suggest he is NOT a facsist as per the traditional (english) label. (he may be as per the italian definition)

From the Dark Side
kaufman

« Reply #395 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 15:29:11 »

I laughed at this on facebook

Daniel Vowles you said it yourself racism and fascism have different definitions. That makes them different, not the same. Nice try at a wind up Oxford scum.
16 minutes ago

Alex Greenwood and @ daniel back to ur first comment where u mentiond run back to kassam? i fucking white u ignorant twat
15 minutes ago

Alex Greenwood jesus christ, politically they may have differences, i dont see ur argument in saying fascism is ok but racism isnt, does anyone who shows a fucking hitler salute belive in equal rights? cuz he aligns im self with fascism yet claims he is no racist, that makes no sence, and im from swindon mate, fucking plymouth road, oxford?
13 minutes ago

Daniel Vowles Kassam is still the name of the scums stadium isnt it?
13 minutes ago

Alex Greenwood i realy dont know mate what kassam is
12 minutes ago
tans

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 15:34:43 »

Dv lives on
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 12:38:03 »

The key question on Di Canio (if you are concerned with his politics) is what does he believe in & more importantly how does that affect his ability to do the job. If he is labelled a Fascist you should define what that means. The Stereotypical "Facsist" is seen as some jackbooted neaderthal thug prison camp guard type. ...
I'm not talking about the stereotypical type of fascist you mention. I am talking about Di Canio as a supporter of the fascist movement in Italy. Politics in Italy is indeed very diverse and covers a very wide spectrum. The fascists are on the far right of that spectrum and many elements within the fascist movement express racist, homophobic and anti-semitic views.
Di Canio has gone on record and talked about  not having any problem with black players (which is big of him...not) but he has refused point-blank to talk about the fascist movement's position on anti-semitism.
My reason for raising this issue in the very first instance is the fact that I have Jewish friends who are Town supporters. They now feel that they are unable to go to Town games until they hear what Di Caio's views are on this particular issue. I agree with them.

Those people who are tagging onto the end of the thread insulting me for going on and on about it have either not read or understaood what the point of the argument is.

It's a simple matter of customer choice. Do you buy a product from a company you feel is unethical? For somepeople the answer is no (although I accept many others don't give a shit).
If you WANT to buy the product but you are unsure about the ethics of the company, is it unreasonable to ask the question? I don't think so.

The only person who can really resolvthis argument is Di Canio himself and I (and others like me) will continue to ask the question until he answers it.
Incidentally, I have had no reply from the club to my initial communication which is highly unusual. In the past when I have contacted them (which hasn't terribly often in the last 35 years) they have always replied very promptly.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #398 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 12:47:07 »

Heavens to Betsy
tans

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 12:55:22 »

Ffs is this still going on.

DR we know you dont like di canio, its getting fucking boring
Wiggler

« Reply #400 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 13:27:12 »

hang on he's best friends with a black man and his business partner is a gay man, which doesn't fit too well with the evil fascist argument, so because he hasn't hired a jew as his assistant DR says he must be an anti semitic?

Come on...
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 14:08:34 »

What a fucking moron

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 14:40:10 »

oh the sweet iron(side)y of it
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 14:59:20 »

Ffs is this still going on.

DR we know you dont like di canio, its getting fucking boring

Mods, can we lock this thread and archive it?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #404 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 15:00:40 »

I say keep this thread.

Keep all this nonsense in one place.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: