Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102783 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:41:52 »

Despite all the good footballing reasons I disagree with an appointment the club has made because some things are bigger and more important than football. Therefore I choose not to spend any money at the club while the current situation prevails. Is that difficult to understand? If we were to have an away game in the cup I would not go.

Incidentally, this is the first time since the mid 1970s that I have felt so strongly about a club matter that I have considered staying away. Unlike some who stayed away becasue they simply didn't like King, Malpas, McMahon, Beamish etc etc etc
This is exactly how I feel, and I'm damned if I'm going to get dragged into an argument about the relative merits of fascism. I mean, just look at some of the stuff you apologists have found yourselves writing. Really?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:43:46 »

... It's whether a person should be vilified for what he may, or may not, agree with.
And are you saying we shouldn't do that sort of thing. I'm sure Osama might have been vilified for what he believed. Are you saying the west was wrong?
He has facist sympathies, that he admits. He has never openly espoused racist, or anti semetic views, that is your interpretation.
Indeed. So is it unreasonable to ask him to make his position clear having so publicly alligned himself with the fascist movement?

Judge the man, not your blinkered view of him.  
Hang on, I am ATTEMPTING to do just that. I want to know where he stands on an issue which  is very important to some people (often for reasons too horrendous to even contemplate). Let him be a man and tell us where he stands.
However, if being blinkered means I have to tolerate fascism and all its extremities, then  I will keep the blinkers firmly on.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:46:05 »

He has openly stated that he is not a racist. He has also openly stated that he found the actions of Mussolini vile

If that's not enough, then nothing ever will be.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:48:14 »

He has publicly stated in his autobiography that he found the actions of Mussolini vile.

What's that? Deja vu?

His book just arrived at my door today. I'm very intrigued to learn about his political views and his upbringing. Apparently he had a rough time when growing up and although it's by no means any excuse at all, joining Lazio's Ultras probably gave him a sense of purpose on this earth when he was youngster.

He then discovered he was rather good at playing football and the rest is history.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:50:02 »

No. One sum is math. Lots of sums are maths.

But your maths is maths, not math.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:50:20 »

[url width=350 height=350]http://ceruleanmedical.com/Cerulean_Medical/Media/1arrow_circle_right_hg_clr.gif[/url]
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:54:09 »

He has openly stated that he is not a racist.
Was that before or after he saluted the banner that read "Team of Blacks. Crowd of Jews" aimed at Roma?
He has also openly stated that he found the actions of Mussolini vile
If that's not enough, then nothing ever will be.
So would it be too much to ask Di Canio to state that he is NOT an anti-Semite? Shouldn't be too big a problem should it?
Why are you so desparate to defend the indefensible, particularly when this issue could be resolved very quickly and easily by Di Canio himself.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:54:43 »

But your maths is maths, not math.

Is it? I was never any good at maths (Or math).

It's All Good..............
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:55:18 »

Is this shit still going on? He's a talented football manager not a local politician of any importance.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:55:21 »

Was that before or after he saluted the banner that read "Team of Blacks. Crowd of Jews" aimed at Roma?

After
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:56:33 »

Why are you so desparate to defend the indefensible,

Is fascism really indefensible?
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:56:39 »

After
And you are happy with that sort of hypocrisy?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:58:05 »

This is exactly how I feel, and I'm damned if I'm going to get dragged into an argument about the relative merits of fascism. I mean, just look at some of the stuff you apologists have found yourselves writing. Really?

Apologist for fascism? Not really.

Being able to see that issues aren't always cut and dried? Absolutely.

Britain has been guilty of some truly heinous crimes in the past, does that mean that anyone who finds areas to admire during the period of Empire a warmongering racist?

Fucking pathetic argument.

It's All Good..............
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 16:59:54 »

Dorset

you have it stuck on your mind that he is a racist and the devil incarnate and are clearly unwilling to keep an open mind to the contrary, in spite of the fact the man has made public statements to say he isn't what you say he is.

Bllela;ehaegyea
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:01:56 »

Dorset

you have it stuck on your mind that he is a racist and the devil incarnate and are clearly unwilling to keep an open mind to the contrary, in spite of the fact the man has made public statements to say he isn't what you say he is.

Bllela;ehaegyea
BR, we can argue round and round forever and a day. The simplest soluton is for DI Canio to answer one simple question. Then it all goes away. Interestingly I have already contacted the club in this regard and had no reply.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: