Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 103215 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 07:00:51 »

This is where Dorset's moral argument starts to crumble really...

If everyone took Dorsets approach the club would go under - very simple

He is happy for other people to pump money into the club so that he can follow his personal agenda and go to away games

what happens if we draw West Ham away in the F.A. Cup ?  Do you go or not ?  The away team get a share of the gate receipts in the F.A.Cup

Does Herta's pictures mean all England, Barca and Rangers fans are Fascists as well ?  If this carries on he won't even be able to watch footie on TV - I hope you have cancelled your Sky package ?!?

Wise men say........
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 07:29:25 »

Still reckon it was sponsorship related, even if that was just the board thinking we owed EA Sports TV time. "The players said they wanted white" just sounds like BS.

Let it go Batch, let it go.

I can't and won't let go.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 07:55:16 »

I wish BBC Wiltshire would stop harping on about forging links with AC Milan and Spurs. Di Canio has said he wants players who understand the league - we are not going to suddenly get players who would normally be loaned to clubs much higher up the football ladder.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 09:00:07 »

[url width=900 height=508]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/herthab/rangers_nazi_salute_israel_2.jpg[/url]

Glasgow Rangers. All their fans are nazi's.

Even the ones with Israeli flags ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 13:09:44 »

Apologies if these have already been linked, but two interesting articles below concerning the new appointment.

http://thewashbag.com/2011/05/24/worldwide-reactions-to-di-canio-appointment/

http://theseventytwo.com/football-league/league-2/2011/05/24/majority-rules-as-paolo-di-canio-sweeps-into-swindon/
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:39:20 »

That second one is a very well written article.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:45:24 »

That's bizarre reasoning - what if everyone took that approach ?
If everyone took that approach the club would be forced to remove Di Canio or ensure he issues a statement distancing humself from anti-semitism. Sounds like quite a good outcome to me.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:48:50 »

This is where Dorset's moral argument starts to crumble really...

If everyone took Dorsets approach the  club would go under - very simple
I don't see how that undermines my moral positioin at all. Despite all the good footballing reasons I disagree with an appointment the club has made because  some things are bigger and more important than football. Therefore I choose not to spend any money at the club while the current situation prevails. Is that difficult to understand? If we were to have an away game in the cup I would not go.

Incidentally, this is the first time since the mid 1970s that I have felt so strongly about a club matter that I have considered staying away. Unlike some who stayed away becasue they simply didn't like King, Malpas, McMahon, Beamish etc etc etc
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:51:25 by Dorset Red » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:52:02 »

If everyone took that approach the club would be forced to remove Di Canio or ensure he issues a statement distancing humself from anti-semitism. Sounds like quite a good outcome to me.

He's never made any anti semetic remark. Why does he have to distance himself from it?

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:52:35 »

Even the ones with Israeli flags ?

Especially them! Fucking Jewish Nazi's, the lot of 'em.

It's All Good..............
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:54:13 »

I can't see di Canio saluting in that picture? Maybe, just maybe, you've taken a random Lazio picture off the internet and used it to reinforce your own idea of the man?
The photograph comes from Das Bild and was part of the article about Di Canio being reprimanded for his fascist salutes, and Lazio having to ban the display of nazi symbols inside the ground. It was taken at the same game and shows the fans Di Canio was saluting. However, if you wish to bury your head in the sand please feel free to continue. Roll Eyes
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:54:41 »

Especially them! Fucking Jewish Nazi's, the lot of 'em.

Cheesy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:54:52 »

Well I'm not going to ever watch ryan giggs until he distances himself from slappers. That'll teach him.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:55:57 »

Apologies if these have already been linked, but two interesting articles below concerning the new appointment.
http://theseventytwo.com/football-league/league-2/2011/05/24/majority-rules-as-paolo-di-canio-sweeps-into-swindon/

Has that blog post been put through Babelfish? It's like English, but much of it doesn't actually make sense. Which slightly undermines the fact that parts of it are interesting.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 15:56:09 »

I take it we wont be sponsoring him this season.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: