Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 103169 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 20:11:42 »

i reckon di canio would be a great manager because he has acctually played football

What, like Mourinho and Wenger? Being a top class player doesn't mean you'll be a top class manager.

Anyone remember Bobby Moores glittering managerial career, or Tony Adams, or John Barnes....?

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 20:13:45 »

Well done Steve. You have clearly been Whoooshed
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 20:14:35 »

Well done Steve. You have clearly been Whoooshed

I don't think I have been mate, I think he's serious.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 20:22:03 »

Perhaps we could get Avram Grant in as D o F for Di Canio....I'm sure they could work together
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 06:42:19 »

Maybe he thinks there are some things bigger than football?

Absolutely. If it's a choice between football or upholding the principal that anti-semitism, xenophobia, state control and mass murder is wrong, I think it's a bit of a no-brainer
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 06:45:00 »

I have said it before and I'll say it again:

I would be astounded if the 'anti Di Canio lobby' is more than a handful of internet based characters. In real life I honestly don't think it is an issue to 99% of our supporters.

I know some of the log ins on here also go to games in real life, but usually with these sorts of things the majority of the outraged typing comes from people who don't actually attend games, so shouldn't be allowed an opinion anyway.

Crash

Wiggler, I attended my first game in the early seventies and my family and I have had season tickets for more years than I care to remember. I rarely miss a home game and attend as many away games as possible (despite living over 70 miles from Swindon).

Am I entitled to an opinion?
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 06:51:48 »

Yeah I understand what your saying, I just think some people get abit carried away thats all.

My father, grandfather and uncles all fought against the rise of facism. I can still remember a facist dictator being in control of Spain. NEVER EVER make the mistake of thinking that football is more important than stopping facists, no matter who they might be or how good they are at playing a game.

It's a matter or princples. Either you have them or you don't.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 06:56:16 »

Some fan you are..

Absolutely. I care about the image of my club as much as I care about performances on the pitch. I do not want to see my club stained by people like Di Canio.

Wind the clock back 70 years or so. There was a time when people's patriotism was questioned if they didn't join a certain political party in Germany. That party went on to commit crimes beyond most peoples' imagining. Britain and it's allies fought against the rise of facism and many people paid the ultimate price to ensure its fall. Are you saying that can all be forgotten if it means Town win a few games of football?
« Last Edit: Monday, May 16, 2011, 07:00:39 by Dorset Red » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 07:01:32 »

Absolutely. I care about the image of my club as much as I care about performances on the pitch. I do not want to see my club stained by people like Di Canio.

Wind the clock back 70 years or so. There was a time when people's patriotism was questioned if they didn't join a certain political party in Germany. That party went on to commit crimes beyond most peoples' imagining. Britain and it's allies fought against the rise of facism and many people paid the ultimate price to ensure its fall. Are you saying that can all be forgotten if it means Town win a few games of football?

Everyone has principles, they just don't all share your monochrome outlook.

Has Di Canio every publically supported racism, or anti semetism? Has he ever said he liked the nazi's, or Hitler? Has he ever been involved in any trouble with a team mate, or opposition player, due to his political beliefs? Has he ever been prosecuted for race crimes, or hate crimes, or any other crime?

Most people in the UK have family members who fought in WW2, what fucking relevence has that?
The bloke's got some views some of us may find distasteful, who cares?
If he was running for political office, I doubt many would vote for him. But he's not. He's applied for a job as a football manager.

This has been done to fucking death.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 07:02:14 »

When is Di Canio invading Poland?

Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 07:16:45 »

Has Di Canio every publically supported racism, or anti semetism? Has he ever said he liked the nazi's, or Hitler?

Yes. Check your facts. The man has spoken very publicly about such things and is a self-professed admirer of Benito Mussolini.

Racism and anti-semitism are at the very heart of facism.  Next question.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 07:19:18 »

Most people in the UK have family members who fought in WW2, what fucking relevence has that?

It has EVERY relevance. If we do not learn the lessons of history we are well and truly f*cked! Extremism in all its forms must always be opposed. If you do not oppose it you become compicit with it.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 07:19:59 »

When is Di Canio invading Poland?
soapy tit wank
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:32:33 »

From the Italian Wikipedia web site on Paolo Di Canio......
I think something has been lost in translation!
He also played in England for a spot of Imperial Bathtime.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:34:57 »

Yes. Check your facts. The man has spoken very publicly about such things and is a self-professed admirer of Benito Mussolini.

Racism and anti-semitism are at the very heart of facism.  Next question.

For fucks, we've done this already.

He DID NOT say he admires Mussolini. I repeat, he DID NOT say it.

Again, this discussion has been had already. Go back through and read this thread. http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,43804.0.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: