Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102801 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:01:59 »

Yeah, short term, a few hundred extra on the gate.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:05:02 »

If Di Canio becomes Town manager I certainly won't be renewing my season ticket. I don't care how good he is, there is no room for a self-confessed facist at my club!

Some fan you are..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:06:16 »

There's something very exciting about the possibility of Di Canio becomng a manager here and I have a feeling the fascism is part of the Lazio culture.  

Racism including anti-semitism is a no no though and I'm not convinced PDC is in the clear there.  

Even the brilliant Glenda discovered sincere but whacky non-footballing beliefs can cost you your job.

I think he is high risk and IF he were succesful and Hammers were struggling he'd be off mid season like Wise - he is lose:lose I fear.... but a heck of a lot more exciting than Trollope and still infinitely more acceptable than Rix
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:07:25 »

Some fan you are..
Maybe he thinks there are some things bigger than football?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:07:28 »

And if doing well, that extra hundred will stay. Like you said Mr D, whoevever it is, it will all be based on how well we are doing on the pitch!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Wiggler

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:10:10 »

I have said it before and I'll say it again:

I would be astounded if the 'anti Di Canio lobby' is more than a handful of internet based characters. In real life I honestly don't think it is an issue to 99% of our supporters.

I know some of the log ins on here also go to games in real life, but usually with these sorts of things the majority of the outraged typing comes from people who don't actually attend games, so shouldn't be allowed an opinion anyway.

Crash
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:10:43 »

And if doing well, that extra hundred will stay. Like you said Mr D, whoevever it is, it will all be based on how well we are doing on the pitch!
If we're doing well, no matter who the manager is the extra few hundred will become a few thousand. But that will be down to success, not the manager's "name". If Rix is appointed and did well, we'd get a thousand or so extra on the gate as well. Wouldn't think it was worth it in either case. Short-term gain vs the club's good name
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:14:10 »

Maybe he thinks there are some things bigger than football?

His prerogative of course.

I think he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:15:53 »

I would be astounded if the 'anti Di Canio lobby' is more than a handful of internet based characters. In real life I honestly don't think it is an issue to 99% of our supporters.

I know some of the log ins on here also go to games in real life, but usually with these sorts of things the majority of the outraged typing comes from people who don't actually attend games, so shouldn't be allowed an opinion anyway.

Crash

plenty of fans who go to every game shouldn't be allowed an opinion.
flammableBen

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:18:59 »

Crash

Ironically it's probably the loudest Di Canio defender who's gone longest without going to a game, what with living in Thailand.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:21:13 »

Ironically it's probably the loudest Di Canio defender who's gone longest without going to a game, what with living in Thailand.
Doubly ironically, you'd think that'd make more him more of a Rixian
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:31:36 »

If Di Canio becomes Town manager I certainly won't be renewing my season ticket. I don't care how good he is, there is no room for a self-confessed facist at my club!

Really don't get people who say this.

How can you just ditch the club you love and have supported all your life just because you don't like the manager Huh?

I personally think Di Canio would be great for us. I don't like his fascist views but I love his passion for the game. He's a big personality who would get the crowd roaring and the players fighting like their lifes depend on it.

If we appoint him, i'm bloody excited about next season already.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:36:17 by Ralphy » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:34:37 »

Scrotum sweat pissers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:43:24 »

Really don't get people who say this.

How can you just ditch the club you love and have supported all your life just because you don't like the manager Huh?
Depends on how strongly you feel about what ever it is about the manager that's upset you and what his appointment in the face of that says about the club. Everyone has their own lines in the sand I'd guess, just some people draw them in different places
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 18:44:46 »

Yeah I understand what your saying, I just think some people get abit carried away thats all.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: