Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Exeter vs. Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 26335 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 07:17:48 »

didnt go last night-what happened with cuthbert and the fans?

As far as I could make out all the players accepted the abuse they got and the abuse was directed at the whole team.

Felt a bit sorry for Andrew and N'Diaye, as for the rest of them? They deserved it and should've got more.

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 07:18:22 »

Oh right, slightly strange then. Did we switch to more attacking formations after goal went in?

Did we fuck.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 07:22:35 »

didnt go last night-what happened with cuthbert and the fans?

A little group of about 20 or so fans had a pop last night.......i just bowed my head and slumped off.

I think it was Cuthbert who hand balled it for the pen 'volley ball' style. If so.....i would crawl under a rock and not come out...

Clems Army!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 07:32:47 »

A little group of about 20 or so fans had a pop last night.......i just bowed my head and slumped off.

I think it was Cuthbert who hand balled it for the pen 'volley ball' style. If so.....i would crawl under a rock and not come out...

Did Cuthbert react? To the fans having a go I mean

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 07:34:59 »

Did Cuthbert react? To the fans having a go I mean

None of them reacted. They were so motionless it was like the game hadn't finished.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 07:47:15 »

Did we fuck.

oh.  thanks.

this is the reason I don't want hart full time.  he was given an impossible task keeping is up.  but if he can't go for it when we need three  points then next season under hart fills me with dread
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 08:00:05 »

Oh fiddle sticks.

I'm not really sure why I thought we could win and get out of this.

Back to reality for me.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 08:02:13 »

First game I'd watched under Hart and not impressed in the slightest. 

He's brought in a couple of decent lumps who put themselves about and, more importantly, put the effort in but my god was his substitution baffling (sound familiar?).  Ritchie had looked pretty good when on the ball yet he's sacrificed instead of David "sideways or backwards" Prutton. 

The distinct lack of aggression and/or passion was the most concerning aspect.  Have they accepted relegation like the rest of us?
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 08:09:51 »

I will be relieved when we are mathematically down, so the playing staff / management etc can abandon this farcical charade "we are still optimistic etc etc", and we can concentrate on next season proper....
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 08:16:30 »

Here's the handball:

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 08:28:40 »

Fucking stupid idiot what is he thinking?
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 08:31:31 »

Here's the handball:

What the fuck was he doing.... its all just so sad to see what has happened this season.... it appears to be never ending Sad This season cant come soon enough...if Hart is the man to employ to avoid the drop who`s the man to get us out of League 2....not Hart I presume...?

Bathtime
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 08:48:59 »

..if Hart is the man to employ to avoid the drop who`s the man to get us out of League 2....not Hart I presume...?

This is the only aspect of Fittons reign that doesn't impress me.

They took over and generated great excitement. Quashed instantaneously by dithering then appointing Malpas.

Malpas unfortunately wasn't up to it and got the chop. We drifted until Wilson was appointed. In my book this was still a great appointment. Last seasons memories will stay with me until I die/get dementia.

Then for reasons I don't understand Wilson was chopped after the transfer window slammed shut. Now I would not have sacked Wilson either, so I'm not being critical of that. But the timing was bloody off. And on the face of it Paul Hart has a great record at short term survival. But his hands were tied as there was no time to get into the transfer market.

From here it becomes more of a personal opinion. I don't think Hart is the man for division 4. You could argue that we can't judge him on 6 games. True but it is his style of play that worries me.

And so do we trust Mr F to get it right if we assume it isn't Hart?

Which ever manager we get its no guarantee we'll come back. My opinion is we need a buzz, a united front to lead us to battle next year. We can achieve this with

a: A big name like the Wise/Poyet combo or a player/manager.
b. A proven experienced manager like Paul Sturrock. Good football no. Effective football yes. Obviously we need to see who is available/poachable.

But as Reg pointed out before, finances may dictate otherwise. I know deep down we must never allow ourselves to spend money we haven't got in an unsustainable way. Which is why I fear we'll end up with Paul Trollope. And he won't unite the fans, create the buzz or get the players we need.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 08:54:12 »

i dont think it would have made any difference! Wilson or Hart, the bottom line is this team are a bunch of fucking useless wankers!

Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 09:13:01 »

Resisted the temptation to post when I got back last night, as I'm usually more balanced after a nights sleep.

The game started ok. We looked in control (Without really threatening) for most of the 1st half. Exeter finished the half stronger and had our goal under pressure with a succession of corners (Cureton missed an easy chance, which was nice to see, the fucking midget cunt).

2nd half we were shit, total shit. We get a freekick in a decent area and who steps up? Jonathon fucking Douglas! Unsurprisingly he missed the target. We were crying out for a change, Grella for Benyon being my choice, as Benyon hadn't really got in the game, but Hart wasn't interested. Their goal resulted from the stupidest handball I've ever seen, why Cuthbert felt the need to do that defies logic.

The only 2 positives for me last night were Andrew and N'Diaye (Who came on late for Ritchie).

So the only 2 positives were a couple of recent loanees. The rest of the team quite rightly deserved the abuse at the end.

The worst thing is that Exeter were there for the taking, we could have and should have won that game. But poor tactics, poor selection and fucking piss poor performances meant that we are going down without a whimper.

Roll on May 8th.

Absolutely correct.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 09:15:20 by jjedmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: