Poll
Question: staying or going
we r staying up, said we r staying up - 46 (37.1%)
going down going down, going down - 78 (62.9%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: are we going down down????  (Read 24575 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:03:51 »

I thought Obika played well, good touch, good control, pace, got in behind, some good skill.

Two poor shots though, only thing that let him down was his finishing! which is a shame because thats what matters most.

To compare him to Pericard and Onibuje is laughable. Almost as laughable as RJack thinking we will stay up.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:04:58 »

This would be the tactic of one up top when you're 1-0 down at home, desperately needing a win and having called for the crowd to get behind the team and roar them to victory. I may well be wrong but it looked to me that both Benyon and Dossevi were fucked before they actually played - Benyon with his hamstring and dossevi with his side.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:05:25 »

I thought Obika played well, good touch, good control, pace, got in behind, some good skill.

Two poor shots though, only thing that let him down was his finishing! which is a shame because thats what matters most.

I think that summed up his performance to me too. Half decent, yes. Likely to score enough goals to keep us up, no.

Bit tough on him given I've only seen him play once!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:07:55 »

Thought Obika played well...his first touch was brilliant..good player without a doubt.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:09:22 »

Obika offers more threat up front than all of our other striker put together. Did show some bad touches as well as good and obviously missed a good chance in the second half, but he had to do most of the work by himself.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:09:43 »

This would be the tactic of one up top when you're 1-0 down at home, desperately needing a win and having called for the crowd to get behind the team and roar them to victory. I may well be wrong but it looked to me that both Benyon and Dossevi were fucked before they actually played - Benyon with his hamstring and dossevi with his side.

Benyon was definitely holding his hamstring from about 2 minutes in.

Dossevi got injured on the pitch we all saw it.

What with only 1 striker is was difficult to go two up top.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:10:28 »

We looked better 4-5-1, up until the Carlisle box anyway.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:20:07 »

I thought some of his off the ball running was a bit headless chicken at times, and he didn't seem to be aware of what other players were likely to do. I'm well aware though this may come with being in a new side, i'm confident he'll pull through

Things get better but they never get good
adje

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 18:13:47 »

. I may well be wrong but it looked to me that both Benyon and Dossevi were fucked before they actually played - Benyon with his hamstring and dossevi with his side.

Dossevi has a bad side?Bit like DW then.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #84 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 18:19:17 »

I thought some of his off the ball running was a bit headless chicken at times, and he didn't seem to be aware of what other players were likely to do. I'm well aware though this may come with being in a new side, i'm confident he'll pull through

Or, he wasn't aware of what they were not going to do. The unmistakable sideways pass.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 18:19:54 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12517643

just as well we don't play in the Guatemalan league otherwise we'd have a dead manager and Charlie Austin would be in pieces!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 18:25:52 »

Its always been as dodgy as fuck down that way. Remember Adres Escobar, killed for scoring an OG that knocked Columbia out of the '94  (?) World Cup?

His killer was freed last year:

http://jockpost.com/guy-killed-andres-escobar/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 18:34:04 »

just as well we don't play in the Guatemalan league otherwise we'd have a dead manager and Charlie Austin would be in pieces!!
Fucking hell. Makes a bit of booing at full time seem quite tolerable really Smiley
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 08:14:17 »

I have spent some time in the city of huehuetenango and its proper shady. never really felt 100% safe there. it was one of the main centres of the civil war where literally thousands were killed and is very very poor.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 12:36:56 »

I don't want to be thinking negative but, I can't see any way out of this hole we have got ourselves in to.

I am now resigned to Div 2 football next season (but I will still be going).

Any Great Escape is going to need serious input from the teams around us and I dont think that will happen.

If it does, fooking bonus mate.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: