Poll
Question: staying or going
we r staying up, said we r staying up - 46 (37.1%)
going down going down, going down - 78 (62.9%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: are we going down down????  (Read 24471 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 11:58:51 »

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Depends what type of bear it is.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:16:12 »

I'd like to think we have a hardcore of 4,000 who will buy season tickets regardless.

We have something like 5,800 this year don't we?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:18:07 »

Unless the prices go up I will buy a season ticket for next season regardless if we are league 1 or 2. If for no more than the sad fact I will go to pretty much every home game anyway.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:24:27 »

I have already resigned myself to League 2 football next year. If we do stay up it will be a bonus.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:27:13 »

I'm looking forward mainly to working myself into a needless lather over whether Club Red members get the opportunity to pay over the odds for a replica shirt two weeks before I do
Spencer_White

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:29:57 »

Depends what type of bear it is.

polar bear.

I have to agree that we have probably gone past the critical point. But a win next week could put things back in the balance.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:32:13 »

I have already resigned myself to League 2 football next year. If we do stay up it will be a bonus.

Me too. Regardless of what league Swindon are in, I'll still go. Mainly due to the fact that I look forward to matchday all week. The whole experience, drinks in the pub beforehand, the match, then getting home to look at the league table and watch the goals and intrerviews.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 13:11:20 »

I'll be going no matter what league we are win. As Si says i'll probably end up buying an ST as no doubt i'll be every home game anyway.

L2 obviously wouldn't be great but it would be a chance for us to really set things in motion. Keep most of the players here that we have now so getting some stability and most of them should be good enough to get us out of that league. Then get the ball rolling on the redevelopment and we're looking healthy again for L1. That's the ideal scenario. Of course that will probably not be the case.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 13:16:58 »

L2 obviously wouldn't be great but it would be a chance for us to really set things in motion. Keep most of the players here that we have now so getting some stability and most of them should be good enough to get us out of that league.

If we go down well see the opposite of stability. Wilson will rightly be gone. Half the player will want out too. Sad
flammableBen

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 13:17:32 »

more than andy kings missus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 13:27:01 »

If we go down well see the opposite of stability. Wilson will rightly be gone. Half the player will want out too. Sad

Losing the players makes little difference, it's now more or less a revolving door anyway.  Further we've a lot of players unsuited to Div3 let alone Div4.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 14:43:30 »

I've done 40 years of wtching them ,whats another one. I'll renew my ST but I don't look forward to matcdays any more. I agree with arriba I can see ST sales down 2000 and with fewer visitng fans we'll have to have a good clearout of players, which is no bad thnig.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:18:37 »

Me too. Regardless of what league Swindon are in, I'll still go. Mainly due to the fact that I look forward to matchday all week. The whole experience, drinks in the pub beforehand, the match, then getting home to look at the league table and watch the goals and intrerviews.

That's not been a particularly enjoyable experience for most of this season then?

I'm really not 100% sure whether I'll renew yet, it depends on whether the price rises significantly and whether Wilson is still in charge to be honest.  For some reason I've got a sneaky feeling that if he remains for the rest of the season, he'll still be in charge next season even if we're in League 2.  Fitton will probably give him the opportunity to bring us straight back up.

My genuine fear for going down to League 2 is if we aren't able to get straight back up like we did last time.  We could lanquish down there again for a number of years or heaven forbid end up in the Blue Square. 
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:21:12 »

Given our record of appointing new managers even if we sacked him now we wouldn't have anyone in until the start of the new season.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:01:51 »

The worry is that we haven't got that goal scorer who you know would score in most matches - Cox kept us up in 08/09 along with a decent input from Paynter.

I'm not writing off Benyon or Obika, but it would help if we had a proven striker as that would probably save us. Similar to in 05/06, if we kept Fallon we probably would have stayed up - we are no where near as bad as we were then though. Dark days.

Even is we stay up, something will have to be changed to ensure we sell a decent amount of season tickets in the summer. Be that the manager or sizeable investment in the squad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: