Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season....who do you want?  (Read 61936 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #150 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 23:06:59 »

I don't have a life outside the internet.
woolster

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 23:10:26 »

Very true Pie man. I can't bring myself to call our stadium by its real name. Anyway,  Every time I look on here you're on line. Do you have a life outside STFC??
Fishing.
Alan Maze

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 23:11:49 »

I don't have a life outside the internet.

Good for you, if it makes you happy.

For what its worth, I think you'll stay up. You'll scrap for a few points here and there, and other teams will have their bad patches. Gonna be tight though.
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 23:12:53 »

Very true Pie man. I can't bring myself to call our stadium by its real name. Anyway,  Every time I look on here you're on line. Do you have a life outside STFC??

What's your unofficial name for the ground? I've never been. I enjoyed days out at the manor ground. I can't remember the result of the last town game I saw there though.
I did see Oxford v Liverpool in the first division back in the 80's. I seem to recall the scousers won 3-1. Maybe awhile after Aldridge moved, seem to remember judas chants.
Alan Maze

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 23:16:39 »

What's your unofficial name for the ground? I've never been. I enjoyed days out at the manor ground. I can't remember the result of the last town game I saw there though.
I did see Oxford v Liverpool in the first division back in the 80's. I seem to recall the scousers won 3-1. Maybe awhile after Aldridge moved, seem to remember judas chants.

No unofficial name. Some call it the United Stadium, some say its the New Manor.

I can't recall us ever chanting Judas at Aldo. I certainly never did. He's the best player ever to pull on our shirt. We generally lost to Liverpool, think we drew once at home though, Ray Kennedy scored an own goal past Grobbelaar 
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 23:18:03 »

Out of interest, how many years were you in the top flight?
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 23:27:27 »

Re: Judas Aldo. I was quite young at the time. A solitary angry drunk stood next to me would sound like an angry crowd.

Thank fuck as an adult you can zone out the irritants. Especially the dude two rows back from my seat in the don rogers.
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 23:45:53 »

No unofficial name. Some call it the United Stadium, some say its the New Manor.

I can't recall us ever chanting Judas at Aldo. I certainly never did. He's the best player ever to pull on our shirt. We generally lost to Liverpool, think we drew once at home though, Ray Kennedy scored an own goal past Grobbelaar 

I've found a 1-3 result from March 87. Did Aldridge move in the January of 87?

It all fits.  I think y'all did chant judas.
DMR

« Reply #158 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 01:52:59 »

This Alan Maze has gotta be a wind up/alias surely. What a chump!
Alan Maze

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 11:01:07 »

Out of interest, how many years were you in the top flight?

3 years.
Alan Maze

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 11:04:17 »

This Alan Maze has gotta be a wind up/alias surely. What a chump!

Chump!? Why am I a wind up? Or an alias? I'm an Oxford fan. I saw Alan Mayes play for you in the league cup back in the early 80's. Did you see him play? Probably still a twinkle in the milkman's eye at the time?
How many question marks can I fit in to a post??
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 11:12:20 »

7 Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 13:52:04 »

He's no alias, I know who he is.
Spencer_White

« Reply #163 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 16:21:13 »

Ok, so well done, you can count to three. But how the fuck can you say the pitch is miles from the stand? Maybe it seemed that way to you on your last, and only, visit when you left empty handed. Toss pot. The pitch is as close to the stands as at your absolute shit hole of a dump.
A local derby against your REAL local rivals is what we all want. But preferably in Lge 1, for all concerened.We've had to make do with Cheltenham, Wycombe and even some people think of Cambridge as our rivals. (not us) If you do go down, - and lets face it, its looking likely now, I can see you slipping out of the league altogether. Whatever you do, get rid of whatever is causing your current form, because you really do not want to drop down to Lge 2. I don't want to see you go through that, contrary to what most yellows fans may say, we need us both back in lge 1, Championship again. We've missed eachother. And you know it. Bye

Stands are about 20m from the playing area. Bad viewing and its too open, which means it gets very windy. Compare it to how tight something like the Den is (which was a design of the same era). Add to that the awful location. I think its rubbish.

I think you need us a lot more than we need you. STFC were doing fine for the 80 odd years before Oxford had a league team.

Id want to play the Pox if we were a league below, but that doesnt happen very often does it?
Alan Maze

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 17:56:27 »

Stands are about 20m from the playing area. Bad viewing and its too open, which means it gets very windy. Compare it to how tight something like the Den is (which was a design of the same era). Add to that the awful location. I think its rubbish.

I think you need us a lot more than we need you. STFC were doing fine for the 80 odd years before Oxford had a league team.

Id want to play the Pox if we were a league below, but that doesnt happen very often does it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not much of a fan of our (rented, just like you) current ground. But having been on the pitch I don't know where you get your 20 metres from. Remind me not to ask you to caddy for me if I ever make it as a golf pro.
Your recollection of history is pretty sketchy too, 80 years? Do me a favour you tit.
We need you? Hmmmm, you need a miracle just now, whilst we don't want the season to end. We'll give you a wave as we swap divisions. Bye
By the way, my 8 year old has a message: You suck, and Oxford rule.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: